Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

28 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

P1 ANTI P1 Wimax Discussion Thread, SUGGESTION TO IMPROVE or BRING IT DOWN..

views

MX510
post Jan 26 2009, 11:04 AM

Love Me Sin Hate Me Sinner
4,032 posts

Wired broadband still the best choice lah
qwer312
post Jan 26 2009, 12:23 PM

Getting Started
165 posts

466Kbps =.=

my 1MB steamyx speed using p1 speedometer...with suck and common ip...Hate to say this, but wired jaring and steamyx still the most stable line in malaysia...

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

p4n6
post Jan 26 2009, 05:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,826 posts

QUOTE(qwer312 @ Jan 26 2009, 12:23 PM)
466Kbps =.=

my 1MB steamyx speed using p1 speedometer...with suck and common ip...Hate to say this, but wired jaring and steamyx still the most stable line in malaysia...
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Please bear with yip_man, that's the speed he is getting after his connection is being throttled for using the quota over 20GB. Before, he should be getting around 1.2Mbps.

He still not able to accept the fact that he is being throttled and complaining ever since.

As there are different broadband companies out there, we have the choice to choose the best one. Some people are getting good speed with StreamyX and some are not. Those who are satisfied with StreamyX should stick with the service. Similar to P1 W1MAX, in some of the locations, there will be good bandwidth but in some other area might not be ... so be a smart consumer and evaluate the product before you buy (and also understand the terms and conditions).

Added on January 26, 2009, 5:20 pm
QUOTE(MX510 @ Jan 26 2009, 11:04 AM)
Wired broadband still the best choice lah
We are in the beginning of an evolution similar to a decade ago when fixed line phone become dominant and people were having second thought on mobile phone due to bad coverage (not able to make call in shopping mall, parking and in building, frequent call drops etc). Now the similar incidents are occuring but to the data but not on the voice. If people still remember the size of the first generation mobile phone (like a mini combo + long antenna) offered last time where you will need to carry around like a briefcase (I can still remember the ad: A business man is making a phone call using his mobile phone while he is golfing - the size of the phone is like a briefcase - and the businessman is very proud of it .. LMAO). WiMAX is a new technology and it will need to time to mature.

user posted image

More pictures for first generation mobile phone:
http://coolpics.110mb.com/coolpics/technol...obilephones.php

We are standing at the threshold where data goes mobile similar to a decade ago when voice went mobile.

Everyone thinks it's stupid and crazy idea back then because there will be no need to bring voice to go mobile ... what happens today?

Note that I'm not that old to tell you this, mostly from readings ... hehehe ...

This post has been edited by p4n6: Jan 26 2009, 05:27 PM
rajulkabir
post Jan 26 2009, 06:19 PM

Regular
Group Icon
Elite
1,428 posts

QUOTE(p4n6 @ Jan 26 2009, 05:11 PM)
He still not able to accept the fact that he is being throttled and complaining ever since.

But his upload speed also seems to be quite low. Does P1's throttling affect that as well?

We are standing at the threshold where data goes mobile similar to a decade ago when voice went mobile.

The sad thing is that mobile voice quality is still inferior to fixed-line voice quality from 30 years ago. I would never make a call from my handphone while at home because I get such better audio using my fixed line or even VoIP.

Hopefully we will not face the same situation with mobile data... but given the bandwidth and congestion constraints, I fear it will be so.
p4n6
post Jan 27 2009, 01:08 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,826 posts

QUOTE(rajulkabir @ Jan 26 2009, 06:19 PM)
But his upload speed also seems to be quite low. Does P1's throttling affect that as well?
The sad thing is that mobile voice quality is still inferior to fixed-line voice quality from 30 years ago. I would never make a call from my handphone while at home because I get such better audio using my fixed line or even VoIP.

Hopefully we will not face the same situation with mobile data... but given the bandwidth and congestion constraints, I fear it will be so.
1. That's a good question, actually P1 never mentions anywhere that the throttling speed is 400kbps, it's only told by forumers who have been throttled based on their experience. And also no one mentions anything abuot the uplink speed after bring throttled. If 1.2Mbps -> 400kbps, then 500kbps -> 160kbps ...

2. Until now, mobile providers still not able to offer the service quality of what fixed line can offer today. This is the trade off between mobility/flexibility and quality. I believe in data mobility, the quality tradeoff will be on the latency.
CompChilD
post Jan 28 2009, 06:54 PM

Getting Started
224 posts

user posted image < - speedtest result
http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=speedvf7.png <- p1 wimax speed test result

tested today =O so far so good biggrin.gif i took the 1.2mb package , but the speed is still higher - -

wonder why i cant put 2 images in 1 post -.-

This post has been edited by CompChilD: Jan 28 2009, 07:11 PM
Amaru
post Jan 29 2009, 02:39 AM

Enthusiast
941 posts

Okay, past 3 days the P1 WIMAX service has been getting better for me.
It still disconnects at least once per day, but they last much shorter. Takes about a minute to reconnect. Previously at night it took HOURS. So that's an improvement. smile.gif
LEVIATHAN
post Jan 29 2009, 08:12 AM

Master Chief Carl M. Brashear
2,281 posts

Nao where is my original bandwidth? It's nao in new billing period, and I still being throttled. And why my bill got outstanding RM262? I paid already lar.

;_;
CompChilD
post Jan 29 2009, 10:04 AM

Getting Started
224 posts

RM262 is for registration fee + activation fee + monthly biling + stamp duty + 1 more i forgot =o
p4n6
post Jan 29 2009, 01:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,826 posts

QUOTE(CompChilD @ Jan 28 2009, 06:54 PM)
user posted image < - speedtest result
http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=speedvf7.png <- p1 wimax speed test  result

tested today =O so far so good biggrin.gif i took the 1.2mb package , but the speed is still higher - -

wonder why i cant put 2 images in 1 post -.-
Wah! Sure or not? ... You sure you are paying for 1.2Mbps, else later they charge you for 2.4Mbps tongue.gif

I always have doubt with the Ookla speed test meter, it always shows higher than normal.
Note that P1 and Speedtest.net both are using Ookla speed test meter.

This post has been edited by p4n6: Jan 29 2009, 01:58 PM
konpaku
post Jan 31 2009, 11:46 PM

Casual
337 posts

For clients who opted for self installation, the 1st bill amount should be RM160 (RM100 Registration fee, RM50 Activation fee, RM10 Stamp duty) + monthly charges for whichever package they subscribed for.

I agree with majority of you guys here, that we should give time for P1 to improve their service. About the USB modem, P1 plans to launch it during March, so for those who are interested, wait patiently...

This post has been edited by konpaku: Jan 31 2009, 11:46 PM
TSyip_man
post Jan 31 2009, 11:56 PM

[The Lagendary IP Man]
659 posts

Wow you working with them???
Acrisius
post Feb 1 2009, 01:08 AM

9 posts

Those who using 1.2Mbps. Recently can you guys stream videos smoothly? Now, it's hardly for me to have a smooth ride for streaming videos. Slow buffering, always need to pause and continue.

I think international link, is getting congested as more users are registered and using it.

This post has been edited by Acrisius: Feb 1 2009, 01:13 AM
Amaru
post Feb 1 2009, 07:31 PM

Enthusiast
941 posts

I can still stream youtube videos without buffering. I'm also using the 1.2Mbps package. Location is Bangsar.

QUOTE(Acrisius @ Feb 1 2009, 01:08 AM)
Those who using 1.2Mbps. Recently can you guys stream videos smoothly? Now, it's hardly for me to have a smooth ride for streaming videos. Slow buffering, always need to pause and continue.

I think international link, is getting congested as more users are registered and using it.
kazasho
post Feb 1 2009, 10:02 PM

カザショ!
1,964 posts

any p1 user, do u use for 1 pc or many pcs? do u use modem--> wireless router---> laptop + laptop?

speed?
LEVIATHAN
post Feb 1 2009, 10:08 PM

Master Chief Carl M. Brashear
2,281 posts

I'm on 1200 package, and shared by 4 computers and 1 game console. Not much of downloading, only surfing and light youtubing.

Internet < > modem < > wireless router < > computer & console. And the speed is XD~ All happy.

This post has been edited by LEVIATHAN: Feb 1 2009, 10:11 PM
kazasho
post Feb 2 2009, 12:38 AM

カザショ!
1,964 posts

QUOTE(LEVIATHAN @ Feb 1 2009, 10:08 PM)
I'm on 1200 package, and shared by 4 computers and 1 game console. Not much of downloading, only surfing and light youtubing.

Internet < > modem < > wireless router < > computer & console. And the speed is XD~ All happy.
wohoo. then its good la.

Mine will be

Internet--> modem--> netgear wireless router---wire--->ps
Internet--> modem--> netgear wireless router---wireless-->laptops

hopefully the speed is good laugh.gif

This post has been edited by kazasho: Feb 2 2009, 12:38 AM
hznl78
post Feb 2 2009, 05:09 AM

0 posts

Hi all,newbie here,I really understand what all you guys encountered in p1 wimax service but p1 wimax is still new not even a year,but for me as one of the main contractor in this p1 wimax project I just like to make a short statement over here,p1 wimax started the first installation of base station back in april 2008,as from then the number keep on increasing every week about 2-3 sites per week including northern,southern,central and eastern will be coming soon enough,me myself are using p1 wimax in section 11 kota damansara,i got only orange signal constantly coz the base station is 200m exceed the coverage radius but still down 1400kbps and up 400 kbps,I am not damn joking it is true!!!not like that darn shitmix makes me loose my temper everyday when streaming video. so the conclusion here is give p1 sometime lar all bro n sis.cheers
Amaru
post Feb 2 2009, 06:23 AM

Enthusiast
941 posts

You're the main contractor? I'm not sure if your organization is responsible for this, or if it's out of your control... but are you also the ones responsible for the P1 Modem? I have a couple of questions:

1) Why are there disconnections at certain periods of the day, even though the P1 modem was not moved or touched in anyway?
2) Do you know how/when updates to the software in the modem occur? There's an admin page at this URL

http://10.1.1.254/login.php

I notice that the layout and graphics change sometimes. When P1 does an update does it restart the modem?

QUOTE(hznl78 @ Feb 2 2009, 05:09 AM)
Hi all,newbie here,I really understand what all you guys encountered in p1 wimax service but p1 wimax is still new not even a year,but for me as one of the main contractor in this p1 wimax project I just like to make a short statement over here,p1 wimax started the first installation of base station back in april 2008,as from then the number keep on increasing every week about 2-3 sites per week including northern,southern,central and eastern will be coming soon enough,me myself are using p1 wimax in section 11 kota damansara,i got only orange  signal constantly coz the base station is 200m exceed the coverage radius but still down 1400kbps and up 400 kbps,I am not damn joking it is true!!!not like that darn shitmix makes me loose my temper everyday when streaming video. so the conclusion here is give p1 sometime lar all bro n sis.cheers
Zepx
post Feb 2 2009, 08:29 AM

Regular
1,232 posts

@Amaru,

Don't expect the developers to come replying. They can read, but they won't reply. They definitely have policy for not giving out information directly.

28 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0237sec    0.10    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:48 PM