Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please provide proper description when you report a post. Report button abuse will earn you an automatic warn + suspension.
28 Pages « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »  
RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> ANTI P1 Wimax Discussion Thread, SUGGESTION TO IMPROVE or BRING IT DOWN..

wongkev
post Feb 2 2009, 12:13 PM

Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(Amaru @ Feb 2 2009, 06:23 AM)
You're the main contractor? I'm not sure if your organization is responsible for this, or if it's out of your control... but are you also the ones responsible for the P1 Modem? I have a couple of questions:

1) Why are there disconnections at certain periods of the day, even though the P1 modem was not moved or touched in anyway?
2) Do you know how/when updates to the software in the modem occur? There's an admin page at this URL

http://10.1.1.254/login.php

I notice that the layout and graphics change sometimes. When P1 does an update does it restart the modem?
The modem firmware is automatically updated when it's available and the modem is on.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
hznl78
post Feb 2 2009, 05:04 PM

Group: New Member

QUOTE(Amaru @ Feb 2 2009, 06:23 AM)
You're the main contractor? I'm not sure if your organization is responsible for this, or if it's out of your control... but are you also the ones responsible for the P1 Modem? I have a couple of questions:

1) Why are there disconnections at certain periods of the day, even though the P1 modem was not moved or touched in anyway?
2) Do you know how/when updates to the software in the modem occur? There's an admin page at this URL

http://10.1.1.254/login.php

I notice that the layout and graphics change sometimes. When P1 does an update does it restart the modem?
Well,I does,nt involve in the modem things but more to base sation installations,to answer your questions:-

1)the disconnection is due to systems refresh normally around 4pm to 6pm daily.

2)since the wimax modem is equivalent to some others ISP wireless modem like jaring it have its own OS inside for example jaring wireless modem have a simple linux OS inside but for p1 wimax modem I never figure out what OS is inside there but soon someone can hack it out brows.gif .

tips: Last night I noticed that the modem can remotely switch on my notebook when my notebook is not power on,I just switch on the modem wall socket and SURPRISE!!!!my notebook turn on by itself hmm.gif .
+Quote Post
rajulkabir
post Feb 2 2009, 05:15 PM

Regular
Group Icon
Group: Elite

QUOTE(hznl78 @ Feb 2 2009, 05:04 PM)
tips: Last night I noticed that the modem can remotely switch on my notebook when my notebook is not power on,I just switch on the modem wall socket and SURPRISE!!!!my notebook turn on by itself hmm.gif .
Maybe it's because of faulty wiring? In Thailand I often notice that my laptop wakes up from sleep when other appliances in the office or hotel room switch on or off.
+Quote Post
LEVIATHAN
post Feb 2 2009, 05:16 PM

Master Chief Carl M. Brashear
Group: Senior Member

Why the refresh?
+Quote Post
hznl78
post Feb 2 2009, 05:29 PM

Group: New Member

[quote=LEVIATHAN,Feb 2 2009, 05:16 PM]
Why the refresh?

[/quote

Wimax is not like convensional ADSL who run on cables,Wimax is 101% microwave platform thats why it call WORLDWIDE INTEROPERATEBILITY MICROWAVE ACCESS(WIMAX).If I am not mistaken other wireless ISP also need to refresh their systems once a day but we did'nt notice when or what time.It is all has been set in the configurstion of their equipments.
+Quote Post
Amaru
post Feb 2 2009, 06:08 PM

Getting Started

@ hznl78
I still don't understand why there's a need for refresh, even if it's using microwaves. Is there something inherently flawed about the protocol?
+Quote Post
p4n6
post Feb 2 2009, 11:08 PM

deodherion

QUOTE(hznl78 @ Feb 2 2009, 05:04 PM)
Well,I does,nt involve in the modem things but more to base sation installations,to answer your questions:-

1)the disconnection is due to systems refresh normally around 4pm to 6pm daily.

2)since the wimax modem is equivalent to some others ISP wireless modem like jaring it have its own OS inside for example jaring wireless modem have a simple linux OS inside but for p1 wimax modem I never figure out what OS is inside there but soon someone can hack it out brows.gif .

QUOTE(rajulkabir @ Feb 2 2009, 05:15 PM)
Maybe it's because of faulty wiring? In Thailand I often notice that my laptop wakes up from sleep when other appliances in the office or hotel room switch on or off.
If the modem is connected to the laptop (LAN CABLE to Network card port), it makes sense the laptop will wake up from standby or hibernation because your LAN card has detected connection from the modem hence activated the CPU usage to the wake up threshold.

If your laptop is not connected to the modem at all ... lol ... maybe it's something spooky.
+Quote Post
qwer312
post Feb 2 2009, 11:29 PM

Getting Started

1.43  DOES P1 THROTTLE P2P OR BITTORRENT TRAFFIC? 
  •  P1 manages peer-to-peer (P2P) traffic from applications like Bit Torrent and other file sharing software when service congestion occurs, in order to maintain a fair, high quality and reliable level of service for all users. 
did P1 just change this term and condition? I thought before that i saw is "P1 do not throttle P2P...."
+Quote Post
rajulkabir
post Feb 2 2009, 11:56 PM

Regular
Group Icon
Group: Elite

QUOTE(p4n6 @ Feb 2 2009, 11:08 PM)
If the modem is connected to the laptop (LAN CABLE to Network card port), it makes sense the laptop will wake up from standby or hibernation because your LAN card has detected connection from the modem hence activated the CPU usage to the wake up threshold.

If your laptop is not connected to the modem at all ... lol ... maybe it's something spooky.
There's one hotel I stay at in Bangkok where my laptop wakes up every time the refrigerator kicks in. Even here in KL where the wiring is generally quite good, I can always wake up my laptop by switching off my speakers. I've never experienced this in Europe.

I have wake-on-LAN (womp) disabled. But in any case, I think it's abnormal for just any LAN traffic to wake up a sleeping PC - normally it has to be a wake-on-LAN packet.
+Quote Post
CompChilD
post Feb 3 2009, 08:24 PM

Getting Started

i bet its computer ghost who turn it on
+Quote Post
NaShRiCk
post Feb 3 2009, 08:26 PM

Getting Started

can terrace house use optical cable...
i heard that they are more reliable and faster
+Quote Post
p4n6
post Feb 3 2009, 09:33 PM

deodherion

QUOTE(qwer312 @ Feb 2 2009, 11:29 PM)
did P1 just change this term and condition? I thought before that i saw is "P1 do not throttle P2P...."
I believe it's written DO NOT BLOCK P2P but will MANAGE it.

Added on February 3, 2009, 9:34 pm
QUOTE(NaShRiCk @ Feb 3 2009, 08:26 PM)
can terrace house use optical cable...
i heard that they are more reliable and faster
Yes. Definitely.

This post has been edited by p4n6: Feb 3 2009, 09:34 PM
+Quote Post
pil
post Feb 4 2009, 01:55 AM

Getting Started

Yea... optical definitely faster. But do they have the right ppl to maintain it?
+Quote Post
amyhs99
post Feb 4 2009, 01:09 PM

I'm Banned...

20Gb enough?
user posted image

2 days and hit the cap.
user posted image

Btw, i'm not using p1. I just wanna say 20gb is not enough for heavy p2p/downloaders/users.
My internet speed was 2mbps up/down.
+Quote Post
LEVIATHAN
post Feb 4 2009, 01:34 PM

Master Chief Carl M. Brashear

Captain obviously, 20GB will never be enough for any elaborate Internet user. I used to have two plus minus 7Mbps leased lines, and eat from them at least 10GB per day. During that time, I owned at least 4 premium accounts (two RS, 1 MU, 1 FF) just to feed my lust of downloading stuff from Internet.

Hoho. Nao not no more.

The point is, by running thru P1 Wimax, you are contractually agreed with the speed and the limited bandwidth. Take it, or rape another ISP instead. Thank you.
+Quote Post
amyhs99
post Feb 4 2009, 01:40 PM

I'm Banned...

Ya, depends on the user also. 20GB definitely better than maxis's 3gb and celcom's 5gb cap.

If u wanna use p1, live the with 20gb cap.
+Quote Post
iipohbee
post Feb 4 2009, 03:38 PM

On my way

QUOTE(axii @ Feb 4 2009, 10:27 AM)
What the hell are you downloading? Running some kind of piracy cartel?
I believe lots of people who complain are doing this. It's hard to survive today if you're without side incomes.
+Quote Post
pil
post Feb 4 2009, 04:09 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(amyhs99 @ Feb 4 2009, 01:09 PM)
20Gb enough?
user posted image

2 days and hit the cap.
user posted image

Btw, i'm not using p1. I just wanna say 20gb is not enough for heavy p2p/downloaders/users.
My internet speed was 2mbps up/down.
Just to clarify, kindly mention the graph stated is base on bits, not bytes, while the 2 days and hit the cap is abit misleading.

120Gigabits = 15 GB only, yet to reach the actual 20GB, and your graph in a span of 12days only reach 75% of the FULL SPEED bandwith.

Even 2nd graph, its about 24 Gbits = 3 GBytes Only.

But i do intend to agree that 20GB wont be enough for you to run 30 days, if you go for the new 2.4Mb package which come with 40GB cap, should be enough. But, most forumer here left out once you hit the cap, doesnt mean you wont enjoy the services or need to pay extra, you simply get reduced speed instead.
+Quote Post
qwer312
post Feb 4 2009, 04:50 PM

Getting Started

So many p1 reseller/contractor/stakeholder here... sweat.gif
sometime i wonder whether the positive feedback here are reliable or not...

the 400Kbps speed limit is same for 1.2Mbps and 2.4Mbps package? It just abit unfair for who subscribe 2.4Mbps...And what other difference between Home Plus 1.2Mb and Office Standard 1.2Mb except for the price and speed cap? Do below term apply to Office Standard unlimited usage?

1.40  DOES P1 IMPLEMENT A FAIR USAGE POLICY? 
  •  In order to ensure the broadband experience for the majority of P1's customers is fast, reliable and of high quality, P1 implements a Fair Usage Policy to manage users who use the service excessively. However, P1 will not block or restrict the service completely for the users who use the service excessively, unless it is necessary
1.43  DOES P1 THROTTLE P2P OR BITTORRENT TRAFFIC? 
  •  P1 manages peer-to-peer (P2P) traffic from applications like Bit Torrent and other file sharing software when service congestion occurs, in order to maintain a fair, high quality and reliable level of service for all users. 

+Quote Post
amyhs99
post Feb 4 2009, 05:02 PM

I'm Banned...

QUOTE(pil @ Feb 4 2009, 04:09 PM)
Just to clarify, kindly mention the graph stated is base on bits, not bytes, while the 2 days and hit the cap is abit misleading.

120Gigabits = 15 GB only, yet to reach the actual 20GB, and your graph in a span of 12days only reach 75% of the FULL SPEED bandwith.

Even 2nd graph, its about 24 Gbits = 3 GBytes Only.

But i do intend to agree that 20GB wont be enough for you to run 30 days, if you go for the new 2.4Mb package which come with 40GB cap, should be enough. But, most forumer here left out once you hit the cap, doesnt mean you wont enjoy the services or need to pay extra, you simply get reduced speed instead.
Look properly on the period column. its GB not Gb. doh.gif

The 3 column in front is the maximum, average and current speed of the wan in/out. The period is the total GIGABYTES transferred.

Read properly before u post.

This post has been edited by amyhs99: Feb 4 2009, 05:05 PM
+Quote Post

28 Pages « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0637sec    0.41    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 06:30 AM