Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> DIY amp club V2, Post your DIY amp here (DIY)

views

xboxrockers
post May 30 2018, 01:10 PM

On my way
604 posts

QUOTE(sakaic @ Jul 5 2017, 11:32 PM)
BTW, recently at work we are using the service of a Chinese PCB manufacturer and the pricing quite cheap. I also have a PCB milling machine for prototype making. Recently tangan gatal to start again. Any projects to make as a group?

Then can share PCB fab costs as well as make stuff as newer IC most of them surface mount so will start to need double layer PCB. Just a thought.
Are u still interested ? I am in
xboxrockers
post May 31 2018, 12:00 PM

On my way
604 posts

QUOTE(sakaic @ May 31 2018, 11:29 AM)
Always am. Lol.

This topic I thought colder than ice ady.
Ok let's plan what amp to build..
xboxrockers
post Jun 3 2018, 04:02 PM

On my way
604 posts

QUOTE(penmarker @ Jun 1 2018, 04:50 PM)
Got minimum amount for discount prices?
For ?
xboxrockers
post Jun 3 2018, 04:04 PM

On my way
604 posts

QUOTE(sakaic @ Jun 1 2018, 12:30 PM)
What's hot these days?
I am thinking to build something can integrate make it work with WiFi, Blueetooh and ethernet so can make it look like an IoT Ready DAC drool.gif .. What's your opinion ?
xboxrockers
post Jun 4 2018, 12:27 AM

On my way
604 posts

QUOTE(sakaic @ Jun 3 2018, 11:47 PM)
There usually is. not only for the PCB and components but if there are tricky ICs to solder, we can bulk solder them. BUT first, we have to have a target project
Currently the best I can find for bluetooth is AptX and if you want the easier route for such a DAC, having a Raspberry Pi at the core makes life a lot easier on the software side.

I think we start a "group workflow" first. Start learning to work together. Maybe start with a switching amplifier or some kind of discrete class A? Then we move to more complicated stuff? I can do some of it, but no time to do all of it. My work killing me......

Maybe with a TPA3244, or LM3886  or PCM2706 for warmup. Then we move to bigger things? I want to establish some kind of community standard like what CAD software, what kind of microcontroller (if used). Who does the layout, who does the schematics? Who does the prototyping? Who is good at programming? That sort of thing. I tried working with another gang for digital potentiometer volume control. It fell through halfway because could not agree on things.

Maybe can revive my PGA2311 project. Wanted to build a general module for power and volume control with remote for DIY amps. Also had a rotary encoder for manual volume control.
Yes. we can form a group and start doing something simple and move from there.

What you think some SOC solution like csr8675 from qualcomm.

For me I come from digital design background, I do schematics and PCB layouts a lot. and I can write STM32 MCU firmwares.
Don't have much experience in pure analog designs. But will catch up with the guidance.
How and when can we set the community standards ?

This post has been edited by xboxrockers: Jun 4 2018, 12:33 AM
xboxrockers
post Jun 4 2018, 12:28 AM

On my way
604 posts

QUOTE(sakaic @ Jun 3 2018, 11:47 PM)
There usually is. not only for the PCB and components but if there are tricky ICs to solder, we can bulk solder them. BUT first, we have to have a target project
Currently the best I can find for bluetooth is AptX and if you want the easier route for such a DAC, having a Raspberry Pi at the core makes life a lot easier on the software side.

I think we start a "group workflow" first. Start learning to work together. Maybe start with a switching amplifier or some kind of discrete class A? Then we move to more complicated stuff? I can do some of it, but no time to do all of it. My work killing me......

Maybe with a TPA3244, or LM3886  or PCM2706 for warmup. Then we move to bigger things? I want to establish some kind of community standard like what CAD software, what kind of microcontroller (if used). Who does the layout, who does the schematics? Who does the prototyping? Who is good at programming? That sort of thing. I tried working with another gang for digital potentiometer volume control. It fell through halfway because could not agree on things.

Maybe can revive my PGA2311 project. Wanted to build a general module for power and volume control with remote for DIY amps. Also had a rotary encoder for manual volume control.
how can we plan our first discrete Class A amp ? set up our workflow
xboxrockers
post Jun 4 2018, 02:56 PM

On my way
604 posts

QUOTE(sakaic @ Jun 4 2018, 07:07 AM)
Ok, do we have a reference design? Or are we designing from scratch? Maybe something from passdiy?
Since you said let's do it simple. Let's do a class A amp with BJT design ? Do you agree ? do you have a reference source for it ? else i will find one
Let's finish that and connect it with a development board I have (STM32), it has audio support. Can do streaming. There's a DAC in it.

This post has been edited by xboxrockers: Jun 4 2018, 03:00 PM
xboxrockers
post Jun 5 2018, 03:24 AM

On my way
604 posts

QUOTE(sakaic @ Jun 4 2018, 11:19 PM)
You talking speaker amp or headphone amp?

If speaker then the simplest is this one

http://diyaudioprojects.com/Solid/ZCA/ZCA.htm

Btw, which stm32? I only have stm32 discovery.
Yes let's do this speaker AMP.

The stm32 I have that has DAC stm32l476 disco
xboxrockers
post Jun 5 2018, 02:33 PM

On my way
604 posts

QUOTE(sakaic @ Jun 5 2018, 07:16 AM)
I have that one too. I thought it has only mono output?
it's Stereo. Actually it can drive directly Headphone as well.
xboxrockers
post Jun 5 2018, 10:39 PM

On my way
604 posts

QUOTE(sakaic @ Jun 5 2018, 09:25 PM)
Just checked, the one on my table is the 407discovery.

What I made a schematic and PCB for this circuit last time. The resistors were cheap China 25w resistors. But it's in Proteus.
Have a pdf copy of the schematics?

Will recommend KiCAD for hobby project since it’s open source and works well too
xboxrockers
post Jun 9 2018, 12:06 PM

On my way
604 posts

QUOTE(sakaic @ Jun 6 2018, 10:37 PM)
Attached the PCB and Schematics
How was the quality and heat ?
xboxrockers
post Jul 1 2018, 01:57 AM

On my way
604 posts

QUOTE(sakaic @ Jun 11 2018, 11:56 PM)
Made the PCBand got the parts but never assembled it.

Lol. Other things kept getting in the way
same goes to me always have been something coming along the way... BTW I will definitely doing a project for a client it has has a mono speaker output streaming from stm32 via I2S...

using TAS2505 inbuilt DAC and amp
xboxrockers
post Oct 22 2018, 08:27 PM

On my way
604 posts

I built an amp for a consumer market device, clients project though can't share a picture. but it's based on STM32 + CS43L22(cirrus logic)
xboxrockers
post Oct 1 2019, 04:43 AM

On my way
604 posts

QUOTE(penmarker @ Jul 29 2019, 06:23 PM)
user posted image

Parts for my PSU build arrived today. One more package left for the resistors.
what are you building and how's it going. BTW i just added a pick and place assembly machine in my lab drool.gif

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0876sec    1.12    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd November 2019 - 10:29 AM