Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

DIY DIY amp club V2, Post your DIY amp here

views

valve_300b
post Jan 30 2009, 01:18 AM

Getting Started
212 posts

QUOTE(empire23 @ Jan 29 2009, 11:52 PM)
My lazy ass finished 1 B22 board. OMFG THE RESISTORSSSSSS. I realized that i hate soldering. 3 More to go. Blardy malas, but must to itttttt. Also had some delays due to police work for my firearms lesen and the fact the stupid safe had to be bolted in (Thanks Perry for the save laugh.gif). Pic of my workbench. And note that the periuk nasi has 2 week old mushy rice in it, don't dare wash it, i blame my housemate.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
Working on an M3 too, for KucingTelur. I realized i forgot to install ze output resistors, so i had to remove the FETs doh.gif.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Worst of all for the B22 is, i was supposed to buy 56.2 Ohm resistors, but then i bought 56.2k Ohm ones. RAGEEEEEEE. Now i must order more from Mouser! Not that i won't, but it's just a hassle and makes me boh song because the amp board is missing 2 resistors.
i really wonder if u r an engineering student. Those are noob mistake. You can talk technical, but i doubt it's accuracy now, hahahaha

Now i should sit back and enjoy my music while u can rant on my post or give me more technical knowledge lecture smile.gif

This post has been edited by valve_300b: Jan 30 2009, 01:18 AM
valve_300b
post Jan 30 2009, 01:55 AM

Getting Started
212 posts

QUOTE(empire23 @ Jan 30 2009, 01:34 AM)
Well, we all make mistakes, they're just like typos lol. Hey aren't you they guy with the cheap Nikon who bashes "poor" people who use headphones? I has a D3 and 1Ds Mk III tongue.gif Wanna see?

And yeah, still an engineering student, have moved on to the shit which is post grad. It's more like number crunching these days.

I think i've always made clear that when it comes to building amps, procurement is hardest parts. Hard to get shit sorted out when you're juggling tons of BOMs.
i think you are still too Malaysian or should i say too malay. They just can't take criticism positively.

Just to share with you since I don't think you can figure this out. Ever wonder how does the deaf musican, Beethoven, listen to music? The skin on our body actually has senses. The dynamic and pressure produce by speakers or instrument can actually be picked up by the skin. This is where the realism is.

Read this http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2001/...11128035455.htm

Headphone is not able to produce that to be picked up by ur skin. You can categorise me as 'perfectonist'. I'm after the finest art on earth, be it sound re-production or photos. As such, money is not in the picture. If you always wanted to compare the price per performance ratio, you will never get the best because the price can never justify it.

Btw, I think I have more, I have a D3x, A900, 1Ds MK III, H3D you wanna see ? You should try the D3x. Althought some sony fanboy seems to claim D3x uses the same sensor as A900, i don't see A900 coming near D3x.

This post has been edited by valve_300b: Jan 30 2009, 01:56 AM
valve_300b
post Jan 30 2009, 02:13 AM

Getting Started
212 posts

QUOTE(empire23 @ Jan 30 2009, 02:04 AM)
You even played a musical instrument before lol? Once you have the basics, you can generally put it together in your head. You don't sense music, you think it, notes are written, then played to look for technical viability. Well that's the whole "formal" process behind it.

I like listening with my ears thank you very much, less distance, less distortion, less loss, more sensitivity from headphone drivers, higher impedence for better loading characteristics, and thus, a purer sound in the sense. Wonder why sound engineers use mostly headphones and small driver monitors? So sad. Yeah, maybe i'm the perfectionist here laugh.gif. Sigh, a lack of education, tsk tsk tongue.gif. And wait, those same engineers are the ones who master the CDs you play...ZOMG!

Wait, didn't your posts around here indicate you had a "cheaper" Nikon? Got a gallery i can see?

Anyways, don't want to make too much of an investment on audio or cameras, gotta get a Mannlincher rifle with Schimdt and Bender optics to put with my Remmy.
sound engineer use headphone because it's just cheaper and they are not perfectionist smile.gif which is why i still prefer vinyl ! hahahaha how sure are you all sound engineer uses headphone? The Lucas Art studio i went isn't. They were mounted with JBL speakers earlier, now I think it was replaced by MK speakers.

I beg your pardon ? Is the deaf able to 'know' the high and low notes if u put them on headphone ? The answer is NO.

Added on January 30, 2009, 2:22 am
QUOTE(empire23 @ Jan 30 2009, 02:04 AM)
PS: You shouldn't even be in this thread, you can't even do Thevenin let alone solder without setting yourself on fire hahaha.
sorry i have not set fire soldering my first x-over for DIY speakers, my DIY pre-amp and my DIY amp smile.gif

at least i can read diagram properly and doesn't forget to solder my components or buy the wrong components...

V=IR works most of the time to me and some basic calculation of serial circuit and parallel is what i really need. And of course differentiating AC and DC smile.gif

if you get ur design right, i don't see the need of Thevenin Theorem. Perhaps noob will need it cause they might be too good in talking technical but can still get the calculation wrong smile.gif

This post has been edited by valve_300b: Jan 30 2009, 02:22 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0299sec    0.30    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:47 PM