Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

DIY DIY amp club V2, Post your DIY amp here

views

b3x
post Sep 10 2017, 10:35 PM

Getting Started
210 posts

i am not sure if this been asked before, but have anyone build Objective2 before in this forum? was it hard? whats the sentiment like?
And is it possible to buy O2 PCB from China (taobao or ali)? got link?
or any DIY headphone amp that supports RCA input to recommend that can buy off Ali or taobao?
b3x
post Sep 11 2017, 09:13 AM

Getting Started
210 posts

QUOTE(penmarker @ Sep 10 2017, 11:18 PM)
The board can be bought from the official website
https://www.jdslabs.com/mobile/products/30/...-circuit-board/
And the link below that page brings you to a resource site that allows you to check on the bill of materials and other information.

I've never built it but it looks straightforward enough.
oh thanks! seen this before but didnt know can use the same PCB for RCA. Board is USD5.99 but shipping is usd13 lol. DIY kit without enclosure is usd59. enclosure is another USD30 i think..
OR maybe wait for massdrop again, around USD79 if i remember correctly. Now is just to justify the need lol.
b3x
post Sep 11 2017, 03:09 PM

Getting Started
210 posts

QUOTE(penmarker @ Sep 11 2017, 09:56 AM)
Well you can put in a different enclosure with RCA holes and wire them to the mini jack input. Same wiring since RCA is single ended and shares the ground.
But that's always the case for USA products, they cost a lot to ship so usually if needed I'll just buy in bulk for stuff so can get more out of the shipping charges. Like just last week I ordered some 2SC2922 for my amp because the Chinese kit came with counterfeits. They cost $28 for 4 pcs but the shipping is $20. But digikey offers free shipping for orders of $50 and above so I bought a bunch of transistors that I was gonna order from E14 or RS (shipping is free from those sites but they didn't have 2922).

I would recommend spending some time searching through Taobao and AliExpress for headphone amp keywords. The easiest I think would be the Lehmann Clone for desktop and CMoy for portable. Remember that they will always provide counterfeit parts if it is expensive so that's why you can get a LT1083 power supply kit for less than RM30 when the LT1084 regulator alone costs more than RM40 from reputable dealers.
thanks sifu for the guidance! maybe i should start lookin into amp that deliver vastly different sound than dac-x6!
b3x
post Oct 26 2017, 11:30 AM

Getting Started
210 posts

QUOTE(shah_ty @ Oct 25 2017, 04:20 PM)
I got all the electronic components and PCB but don't have the time to solder all of it together  sweat.gif
Im selling the extra PCB for the O2 here
check PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0296sec    0.49    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:06 AM