4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Marcus Evans (M)

views

TS[LinkZ]
post Jan 13 2009, 07:02 PM, updated 14y ago

On my way
632 posts

Hi, anyone working in this company? Or any good or bad review for this company? Please comment, thanks! smile.gif
SUSf4tE
post Jan 13 2009, 07:39 PM

Regular
1,605 posts

is scam company... u can try google it and there's alot of reviews for u
TS[LinkZ]
post Jan 13 2009, 07:41 PM

On my way
632 posts

QUOTE(f4tE @ Jan 13 2009, 08:39 PM)
is scam company... u can try google it and there's alot of reviews for u
source? i couldn't find it in google
T+1
post Jan 13 2009, 08:30 PM

Regular
1,368 posts

existing thread about marcus evans
http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=329423
jeromelee1
post Jan 13 2009, 08:34 PM

Casual
325 posts

QUOTE([LinkZ�)
,Jan 13 2009, 07:41 PM]
source? i couldn't find it in google
Hahaha this is one of the company that promise heaven and earth. Basically they recruit you to do sales for the event or promoting a seminar. You get a basic and a promising career plus movement to international location. One of my friend did all the sales but she did not get the commission she deserve. Well, good ground for newbie to learn their hard boil sales technique.
cheapBlazer
post Feb 18 2009, 12:20 AM

9 posts

QUOTE(jeromelee1 @ Jan 13 2009, 08:34 PM)
Hahaha this is one of the company that promise heaven and earth. Basically they recruit you to do sales for the event or promoting a seminar. You get a basic and a promising career plus movement to international location. One of my friend did all the sales but she did not get the commission she deserve. Well, good ground for newbie to learn their hard boil sales technique.
i dont know what is your friend problem but on my case, all the commission being paid nice and well as they promise.
no offense.
eclectice
post Feb 18 2009, 12:57 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,708 posts

Too bad when someone starts to think an established global business events and information company like Marcus Evans as a scam company. If that is what the person thinks, then the Malaysia's office could be at fault of what it is supposed to do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Evans

If you want some interesting stats, there is one here which can tell a few things about Marcus Evans (M) Sdn. Bhd. Go and figure out wink.gif

http://company.asiasalary.com/marcus-evans-sales/

This post has been edited by eclectice: Feb 18 2009, 05:46 PM
theanswerL2
post Feb 18 2009, 05:02 PM

Enthusiast
722 posts

there are few same field company with marcus evan.

like UNI Strategic.
and few company that i forgot ad.

u r doing sales for their workshop,training,conference .
i think mostly u will do sales in call.

This post has been edited by theanswerL2: Feb 18 2009, 05:02 PM
frankliew
post Feb 18 2009, 05:13 PM

On my way
537 posts

OMG..talk like god....alot of bad things......REMEMBER SALES...IF U DARE..

Added on February 18, 2009, 5:15 pm"Tin Fa Long Fung"

This post has been edited by frankliew: Feb 18 2009, 05:15 PM
aragorn.yoong
post Feb 18 2009, 05:36 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

i am an ex employee, and all i do is talk on telephone all day long with strangers all over the world.

Its certainly a hard-core telephone sales.... and u have to get your own leads for the event you are promoting..

The pay does not justify what u give... mind u.. i was top sales in my batch of newbies yet i earn peanuts...

And office politics are everywhere.. imagine, fighting to get sales with 100 other colleagues..

All in, its a very good training ground for sales.. and that's just it. Nothing more.
theanswerL2
post Feb 18 2009, 06:28 PM

Enthusiast
722 posts

ya...heard from fren oso...in marcus evans...have those thing hapened
the sales manager will take newbie sales if they assist u to close deal.

and politic strong...but u can learn english conversation...cos mostly will talk with the senior lvl ppl & top lvl ppl.
sakana168
post Feb 21 2009, 11:30 AM

13 posts

any more new comments?
theanswerL2
post Feb 22 2009, 01:46 PM

Enthusiast
722 posts

recently heard that Thailand & Philippine regional office will closing down..
only malaysia and singapore office still operate.

naughtyspirit
post Mar 19 2009, 05:16 PM

40 posts

what if we apply for event? is it doing the same job?
TS[LinkZ]
post Mar 19 2009, 09:16 PM

On my way
632 posts

QUOTE(naughtyspirit @ Mar 19 2009, 06:16 PM)
what if we apply for event? is it doing the same job?
I don't get you? What do you mean? Mind to tell us clearer?
enJiNer
post Mar 19 2009, 09:19 PM

Getting Started
126 posts

once i attend one of the seminar....the cost is USD 1700... but what i gain is just USD17.... most of the participants are senior managers in top companys were also complaining... the usd1700 were not justified... the course is even got a CEP (continuous education program) point... later that particular course were revoke from the CEP list....thanks to me

for that kind of 2 days seminar, with that kind of fee, i got only a paper folder ..not even notes... notes u have to downloaded it yourself with the provided login to their website (payment of the course must be settled baru boleh dapat password) and the password will valid for 5 days only.... doh!!
TS[LinkZ]
post Mar 19 2009, 09:29 PM

On my way
632 posts

QUOTE(enJiNer @ Mar 19 2009, 10:19 PM)
once i attend one of the seminar....the cost is USD 1700... but what i gain is just USD17.... most of the participants are senior managers in top companys were also complaining... the usd1700 were not justified... the course is even got a CEP (continuous education program) point... later that particular course were revoke from the CEP list....thanks to me

for that kind of 2 days seminar, with that kind of fee, i got only a paper folder ..not even notes... notes u have to downloaded it yourself with the provided login to their website (payment of the course must be settled baru boleh dapat password) and  the password will valid for 5 days only.... doh!!
This is direct blood sucking scheme no doubt, which seminar did you joined? biggrin.gif
enJiNer
post Mar 20 2009, 12:02 AM

Getting Started
126 posts

the tittle is so gempak 1st World OSH Forum..the speaker are from local and one aussie who talk about how his survived 2rd degree electric burn..
i can watch better survival story in Discovery Ch....

so ripp off.............i think that's the 1st and the last so called world osh forum... never heard they did the 2nd ever since....

tehtarik_ais
post Mar 21 2009, 11:22 AM

Getting Started
66 posts

Hi guys,-

Just a lil info abt ME, I used 2 work there 4 half year (way back in 2006) involved with 3 projects for APAC and Middle East team...

Working Environment :
~ APAC ur working hours is normal, 9-5 Mon - Fri
~ ME ur working hours start at 12 - 9pm, lunch at 5pm and you work from Sunday to Thursday, Fri you go off as ME is on weekend.
~ Telemarketing Job!!
~ Politic very high, if you can polish the mgr shoe kaw2 u`ll survive, they`ll even help u close deal. Though if you under perform there`ll be a knife on your throat. =)
~ Most of the worker are (1)Indian, (2)Student, (3)Some otr foreigner _ Not to be racist just a fact & figure.
~ Other ppl can steal your hard work sales!!
~ 4 PC with outdated OS shared among >20 ppl (Q pls...)
~ Ur work station consist of paper file, paper rack, telephone and glass of water, free flow of caffeine drink is available near the entrance =)
~ You have to search for your own leads.

Salary, Target & Comm, Incentive.
~ At least sell 4 product in month which cost between USD 2K to USD 9K
~ You got paid RM 1500 Basic (as of 2006), between 7-15 % commission from your total sales/project.
~ Comm paid after end of the project and will be paid in full if your cust has paid ME
~ Good thing is, the comm isn`t taxable so its cold hard cash for you.

That are the few thing i remember... and having ME in your CV sometime can be very beneficial especially if you mentioned how you survived there.

~ Cheers!!

Added on March 21, 2009, 11:25 amI don`t encouraged you guys to join though.. hehe!!

~ Cheers!!

This post has been edited by tehtarik_ais: Mar 21 2009, 11:25 AM
sweet_pez
post Mar 21 2009, 11:53 AM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

My company wanted to do some event and I called the ME general line and request to speak to a Sales staff. Unfortunately, he doesn't sound friendly and very robotic - as tho merely doing his much needed routine for the day. Plus, he doesn't ask much details and only took the necessary info ... the quotation never came tho he promised to fax over the next day!!! I wonder if it's the working attitude or he's juz having a bad day. I have seen the ME recruitment booth (during Careers Fair at MV) before and the staffs look friendly, enthusiastic and energetic (perhaps putting an upfront?) but gawd knows what happens on the inside...

Neway, that's a loss of biz for him and the comp~

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0196sec    0.33    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:01 PM