Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The Tailoring Thread, Bespoke. Nothing beats a perfect fit

views

Damien?(:
post Apr 26 2018, 08:54 PM

Getting Started
201 posts

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows if any retailers carry Drake's in Malaysia? Cheers.
Damien?(:
post Sep 12 2018, 01:57 PM

Getting Started
201 posts

I think people need to start understanding that quality in this instance takes time. Spend >600 to get a poly blend, half canvassed machine made suit made in less than 3 days is horrible. Why not spend a little more, MTM/Bespoke for something that will last you for probably a decade.
Damien?(:
post Sep 24 2018, 11:12 AM

Getting Started
201 posts

QUOTE(chantakzee @ Sep 24 2018, 10:28 AM)
Any tips to protect mother of pearl buttons from cracking during dry wash ? Sent my suit for dry wash and it comes back with most of the button cracked , replacing the buttons is not expensive but still ache my heart knowing my beautiful buttons crack so easily.
Have never had any MOP buttons cracked from dry cleaning/wash before. Are they genuine MOP?
Damien?(:
post Mar 3 2019, 11:03 PM

Getting Started
201 posts

QUOTE(Meaples @ Mar 2 2019, 02:55 AM)
Hey niakulah and Old Red Eyes, thanks very much for the input.

Will take heed on your recommendations moving forward.

Looks like it was close to my suspicions about just buying a good OTR shirt and having it altered here. Rather unfortunate that our tailors don't stand up to the italians sad.gif.

Old Red Eyes, in regards to the suits I bought at GPO. I was actually surprised Sacoor even produced suits with such fabric! Note that the cut is not comparable to a solid Emporio or Giorgio Armani but definitely serviceable for daily wear. The half canvas was a plus as well.

As mentioned, I haven't done a full canvas tailored suit as I fit quite close to most chain's dummy profile so I can't really compare what the differences are sadly.
"Rather unfortunate that our tailors don't stand up to the italians sad.gif"

In regards to the above, you pay for what you get. I would in fact say that, its unfortunate that our people don't want to pay for the quality of the italians, yet want to own something like that.

When we stop cheaping out on proper suits, stop going to the 24 hour "tailors" and appreciate how a properly made suit is a necessity, then our tailors can move towards that direction. If not, we'll forever be stuck in this fused world dominated by these so called 'tailors' bar a few.

This post has been edited by Damien?(:: Mar 3 2019, 11:06 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0278sec    0.51    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:19 AM