45 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

AMERICAN BULLY, BULLY INC. MALAYSIA

views

TSamerican bully
post Dec 28 2008, 04:51 PM, updated 12y ago

22 posts

user posted image

Hello and welcome to our American Bully thread. We are a group of American Bully enthusiast starting out with few American Bully owners and ended up having more pet lovers coming into this breed. First of all, we are here to educate on what's the difference between an American Pitbull Terrier and the all-new American Bully.

The American Bully was a new breed to America, which comprise of an American Pitbull Terrier and a Steffardshire Terrier. Both have different in character. Especially on the aggresiveness of both breeds. APBT has been known for its Fight-To-The-Death character, why? During the nineteenth century, dog fanciers in England, Ireland, and Scotland began to experiment with crosses between bulldogs and terriers, looking for a dog that combined the gameness of the terrier with the strength and athleticism of the bulldog.

In the late 1800s to early 1900s, two clubs were formed for the specific purpose of registering APBTs: the United Kennel Club and the American Dog Breeders Association. The United Kennel Club was founded with the registration of an American Pit Bull Terrier and was the first registry to recognize the breed.

The dog was bred first to bait bulls and bears. When baiting bulls was deemed inhumane, dogfighting became more popular, and the APBT was used in the sport. With time, the dogs became more commonly used as house pets due to their friendliness towards people. In America, farmers and ranchers used their APBTs for protection, as catch dogs for semi-wild cattle and hogs, to hunt, and to drive livestock. The dog was used during World War I and World War II as a way of delivering messages on the battlefield.

The name "Staffordshire Terrier" was adopted by some owners as a way of distancing the breed from a name with a stigma, and was recognized by the American Kennel Club in 1936. Later, the word "American" was added to reduce confusion with its smaller British cousin, the Staffordshire Bull Terrier. Once an extremely popular family dog in the United States (for example, the dog in The Little Rascals movies and in Buster Brown was an APBT), the American Pit Bull Terrier's popularity began to decline in the United States following World War II in favor of other breeds.

On the other side, the American Staffordshire Terrier is known for its courageous, tenacious, friendly, extremely attentive, and extraordinarily devoted. An Amstaff with cropped earsBred to be extremely friendly towards humans, American Staffordshire Terriers are not natural guard dogs. An overly protective and/or aggressive behavior, accompanied by fearlessness, is generally a bad sign. These dogs are good with children and owners, can sometimes get along with other dogs, cats and any other animal if raised properly and introduced through puppy years. They can be aggressive if not socialized properly.These dogs learn quickly from the subtlest of our behaviors. They are thus not only highly responsive during training, but also pick up good habits, such as house training. This can become a problem when an owner unknowingly allows the dog to pick up bad behaviors. A typical training regimen should begin at 8 to 10 weeks of age. It has been proven that Positive Reinforcement Training works very well with this breed. For reading on the subject The American Staffordshire Terrier is a loyal companion dog. He also requires a very large amount of time for rough, or hard working play. Weight pulling, and agility training are what he favors most. He likes to run, but with a proper harness, he loves to pull a skateboard or rollerblading kid. A pull rope hung from a tree encourages self motivating play, but AmStaff type breed really wants to enjoy playtime with you and the kids.

That's where the American Bully started, where a breeder in the US started to breed this two different breed into one. To avoid the breed ban and to create a better temperament dog and so to create a positive image to other pet lovers, media and law makers.

VIDEO (credits to Dog Source)

PICS:
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

BULLY INC. @ PATTAYA BULLY CONVENTION. CLICK BELOW.
http://img16.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=57975188.jpg

This post has been edited by american bully: Sep 18 2009, 08:17 PM
se_eugene
post Dec 30 2008, 07:03 PM

24 posts

AWW !! Dis is a great thread man! I will support u all the way cos im also a lover of this breed.
By the way, im searching for the puppy for this breed. Do u knw where to find?
danny94
post Dec 30 2008, 07:11 PM

Getting Started
263 posts

is this apbt?
se_eugene
post Dec 30 2008, 07:35 PM

24 posts

i dun think dis is apbt, i think dis is a kind of apbt mixed wit other breed
TSamerican bully
post Dec 30 2008, 07:47 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(se_eugene @ Dec 30 2008, 07:03 PM)
AWW !! Dis is a great thread man! I will support u all the way cos im also a lover of this breed.
By the way, im searching for the puppy for this breed. Do u knw where to find?
Thnx for the support.
You're interested with New Born pups or puppy which are few months old?

QUOTE(danny94 @ Dec 30 2008, 07:11 PM)
is this apbt?
it's a cross breed between APBT and Amstaff.
in this breed itself, there are several categories of line (urban word for genetic terms).
eg. Razor Edge Line, Gotti Line, Remi Line, Etc.

Added on December 30, 2008, 7:49 pmhere's some pics of our recent Bully show in Penang, Malaysia.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

NOT ONLY BULLIES BUT OTHER BREED OF DOGS WERE THERE TOO!

user posted image
user posted image

This post has been edited by american bully: Dec 30 2008, 07:49 PM
se_eugene
post Dec 30 2008, 08:02 PM

24 posts

Im interested in puppy around 3 month or newly born also fine with me. But i just cant find it... The last pic of the 2 white dog is wad breed? Seems like bully to me too.. hehe..
TSamerican bully
post Dec 30 2008, 08:19 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(se_eugene @ Dec 30 2008, 08:02 PM)
Im interested in puppy around 3 month or newly born also fine with me. But i just cant find it... The last pic of the 2 white dog is wad breed? Seems like bully to me too.. hehe..
oh those are bull terriers.
there will be pups ready for sale soon...so if you're really interested in it...PM me. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by american bully: Dec 30 2008, 08:27 PM
se_eugene
post Dec 30 2008, 08:33 PM

24 posts

i have already pm u..
danny94
post Dec 30 2008, 11:02 PM

Getting Started
263 posts

The price is how much ah?
Really like fierce dog!!
se_eugene
post Dec 31 2008, 12:48 AM

24 posts

Oh ts, reply me pls . Im really interested here.. ^^
TSamerican bully
post Dec 31 2008, 03:02 PM

22 posts

replied and added u in MSN. hehe =)

Added on December 31, 2008, 3:04 pm
QUOTE(danny94 @ Dec 30 2008, 11:02 PM)
The price is how much ah?
Really like fierce dog!!
Price depends on the dam and sire. If they're 5 star quality dog. Expect to get your pocket empty. smile.gif

This post has been edited by american bully: Dec 31 2008, 03:04 PM
danny94
post Dec 31 2008, 06:23 PM

Getting Started
263 posts

How about the fee to maintain them?
Feeding?

TSamerican bully
post Dec 31 2008, 06:43 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(danny94 @ Dec 31 2008, 06:23 PM)
How about the fee to maintain them?
Feeding?
it depends to the owner themselve.
Like me I use a better grade dog food for them like "EVO"/"EUKANUBA".
I also feed them supplements and chicken meat.
The dry food is the only expensive thing for this breed.

danny94
post Dec 31 2008, 06:55 PM

Getting Started
263 posts

Minimum how much arh? really wan to know..
Pennywise
post Dec 31 2008, 06:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,796 posts

My cousin brother has a pair of these in his house. If I recall, he told me that he brought them from Penang too!! You dont get much of these down here in KL.
TSamerican bully
post Dec 31 2008, 07:10 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(Pennywise @ Dec 31 2008, 06:55 PM)
My cousin brother has a pair of these in his house. If I recall, he told me that he brought them from Penang too!! You dont get much of these down here in KL.
mind telling me his nickname...mayb i know him hehe =)
yea its a very fine dog.

Gucci's Grandpa a.k.a LIL RO tgt with PAUL WALL on Atomic Dog Magazine biggrin.gif
user posted image

This post has been edited by american bully: Jan 1 2009, 04:53 PM
se_eugene
post Dec 31 2008, 07:23 PM

24 posts

nice 1, keep it on biggrin.gif
Pennywise
post Dec 31 2008, 07:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,796 posts

QUOTE(american bully @ Dec 31 2008, 07:10 PM)
mind telling me his nickname...mayb i know him hehe =)
yea its a very fine dog.

Gucci's Grandpa a.k.a LIL RO tgt with PAUL WALL biggrin.gif
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Sorry, my mistake, my cousin owns two pure American Staffordshire Terrier. Not American Bully as American Bully is American Staffordshire Terrier + American Pit Bull Terrier.

This post has been edited by Pennywise: Dec 31 2008, 07:28 PM
TSamerican bully
post Dec 31 2008, 07:36 PM

22 posts

oh...an Amstaff for short...It's a very gd dog to!
love them =)
ganabathi
post Dec 31 2008, 11:15 PM

Associate of Master Photographers Association UK
981 posts

@ american bully ur dog damn tough man, i really like it...

i know a breeder from taiping, i went to his house, damn 15 - 20 pitbull and bully.. damn scary

45 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0232sec    0.26    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:19 PM