Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

DOBERMAN, any doberman's owners here??

views

shecapricorn
post Dec 11 2008, 09:36 PM

Getting Started
67 posts

QUOTE(Penguin.23 @ Dec 11 2008, 01:06 PM)
hihi, i am a new doberman's owner, it is now 9 month age, so i wonder any right training technique that i can apply on him? when i called his name, he seldom bother me unless GOT  FOOD, haizz, so i hope you guys can share information about doberman with me . cheerss.
Hello, Dobermans are so sleek looking ^^ Here are a few suggestions, altho I've never kept a Doberman b4 (other breed yes la haha)... Try to spend as much time as possible with ur dog. Wen u call his name, wen he comes to u(or u go to him) sayang him alot, pet his head, hug him... BUT DONT FEED HIM... Or he will learn to associate his name with FOOD... Hehe.... Everytime u see him, like coming back from work, call his name in a nice way, like ur so happy to see him. Do NOT ever SCOLD ur dog using his name eg: JOEY WHAT R U DOING?? U BIT MY SHOE U STUPID JOEY!!... ALWAYS associate his name with lots of cuddles smile.gif Weneva u sayang him, say his name repeatedly in a nice way eg: Joey.. Joey good boy...

Oya, wen he DOES respond to his name, smile at him and sayang him alot. LEt him know that JOEY = NICE EXPERIENCE. Then he will be more willing to respond to his name.

Wen it comes to feeding time, call his name ONCE, then say "come eat, eat your food". Associate the word "eat" and "food" with his meals.

Hmm those are just suggestions, my 2 cents ^^ BTW, 9mths old and don't respond to his name? Maybe u didnt spend enough time with him? My dogs within 2 weeks each knew his or her name already. I have kept from pure-breeds to mongrels, they are all the same. ^^

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0169sec    0.52    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:31 PM