Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

DOBERMAN, any doberman's owners here??

views

TSPenguin.23
post Dec 11 2008, 01:06 PM, updated 16y ago

5 posts

hihi, i am a new doberman's owner, it is now 9 month age, so i wonder any right training technique that i can apply on him? when i called his name, he seldom bother me unless GOT  FOOD, haizz, so i hope you guys can share information about doberman with me . cheerss.

This post has been edited by scotty: Dec 12 2008, 02:55 PM
TSPenguin.23
post Dec 12 2008, 10:57 AM

5 posts

QUOTE(shecapricorn @ Dec 11 2008, 09:36 PM)
Hello, Dobermans are so sleek looking ^^ Here are a few suggestions, altho I've never kept a Doberman b4 (other breed yes la haha)... Try to spend as much time as possible with ur dog. Wen u call his name, wen he comes to u(or u go to him) sayang him alot, pet his head, hug him... BUT DONT FEED HIM... Or he will learn to associate his name with FOOD... Hehe.... Everytime u see him, like coming back from work, call his name in a nice way, like ur so happy to see him. Do NOT ever SCOLD ur dog using his name eg: JOEY WHAT R U DOING?? U BIT MY SHOE U STUPID JOEY!!... ALWAYS associate his name with lots of cuddles smile.gif Weneva u sayang him, say his name repeatedly in a nice way eg: Joey.. Joey good boy...

Oya, wen he DOES respond to his name, smile at him and sayang him alot. LEt him know that JOEY = NICE EXPERIENCE. Then he will be more willing to respond to his name.

Wen it comes to feeding time, call his name ONCE, then say "come eat, eat your food". Associate the word "eat" and "food" with his meals.

Hmm those are just suggestions, my 2 cents ^^ BTW, 9mths old and don't respond to his name? Maybe u didnt spend enough time with him? My dogs within 2 weeks each knew his or her name already. I have kept from pure-breeds to mongrels, they are all the same. ^^
hi, dear. he did responded to his name but it is when he want.my dog loves to catch frog, (sweat..) so whenever he is busy with the frog catching, he will not bother others ppl, kek shei.
somehow , he is very smart, always people to chase him, like he will purposely bite ur shoes and ran away, he is like saying,
"le le le le, come and get me la, ne neh neh ne..." like that....kek shei..but may be he is still a young doggy la, loves to play.
he always bully my mum, when my mum gives him food, he don't want to eat, he wants my mum to sit beside him and say, "guai la, guai la, sayang, eat la eat la" if not, he will not eat..!! geram ...

Added on December 12, 2008, 11:01 am
QUOTE(petplayground @ Dec 11 2008, 02:12 PM)
any picture? Doberman is a handsome dog
my dog hasn't do the ear operation, to make his ear can stand,so now he is consider cute and handsome but not to the "man" level..hahaha....

This post has been edited by Penguin.23: Dec 12 2008, 11:01 AM
TSPenguin.23
post Dec 13 2008, 10:20 AM

5 posts

QUOTE(aureliux @ Dec 12 2008, 10:21 PM)
i have a doberman, copper and tan with uncrop ear... But he is kinda useless 1... Lose fight to my corgi...hehehe
hahah....i taught doberman is very "MAN" de....kaka.. mine is really fear sometime, and very strong. you didn't send your dog to the ear operation.?
smile.gif

Added on December 13, 2008, 10:23 amhey scotty, your dog looks super cool ^^how old is ur doberman now?

This post has been edited by Penguin.23: Dec 13 2008, 10:23 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0189sec    0.31    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:58 AM