Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom
Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> DOBERMAN, any doberman's owners here??

Penguin.23
post Dec 11 2008, 01:06 PM, updated 9y ago

Group: Junior Member

hihi, i am a new doberman's owner, it is now 9 month age, so i wonder any right training technique that i can apply on him? when i called his name, he seldom bother me unless GOT  FOOD, haizz, so i hope you guys can share information about doberman with me . cheerss.

This post has been edited by scotty: Dec 12 2008, 02:55 PM
petplayground
post Dec 11 2008, 02:12 PM

Getting Started

any picture? Doberman is a handsome dog
shecapricorn
post Dec 11 2008, 09:36 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Penguin.23 @ Dec 11 2008, 01:06 PM)
hihi, i am a new doberman's owner, it is now 9 month age, so i wonder any right training technique that i can apply on him? when i called his name, he seldom bother me unless GOT  FOOD, haizz, so i hope you guys can share information about doberman with me . cheerss.
Hello, Dobermans are so sleek looking ^^ Here are a few suggestions, altho I've never kept a Doberman b4 (other breed yes la haha)... Try to spend as much time as possible with ur dog. Wen u call his name, wen he comes to u(or u go to him) sayang him alot, pet his head, hug him... BUT DONT FEED HIM... Or he will learn to associate his name with FOOD... Hehe.... Everytime u see him, like coming back from work, call his name in a nice way, like ur so happy to see him. Do NOT ever SCOLD ur dog using his name eg: JOEY WHAT R U DOING?? U BIT MY SHOE U STUPID JOEY!!... ALWAYS associate his name with lots of cuddles smile.gif Weneva u sayang him, say his name repeatedly in a nice way eg: Joey.. Joey good boy...

Oya, wen he DOES respond to his name, smile at him and sayang him alot. LEt him know that JOEY = NICE EXPERIENCE. Then he will be more willing to respond to his name.

Wen it comes to feeding time, call his name ONCE, then say "come eat, eat your food". Associate the word "eat" and "food" with his meals.

Hmm those are just suggestions, my 2 cents ^^ BTW, 9mths old and don't respond to his name? Maybe u didnt spend enough time with him? My dogs within 2 weeks each knew his or her name already. I have kept from pure-breeds to mongrels, they are all the same. ^^
Penguin.23
post Dec 12 2008, 10:57 AM

QUOTE(shecapricorn @ Dec 11 2008, 09:36 PM)
Hello, Dobermans are so sleek looking ^^ Here are a few suggestions, altho I've never kept a Doberman b4 (other breed yes la haha)... Try to spend as much time as possible with ur dog. Wen u call his name, wen he comes to u(or u go to him) sayang him alot, pet his head, hug him... BUT DONT FEED HIM... Or he will learn to associate his name with FOOD... Hehe.... Everytime u see him, like coming back from work, call his name in a nice way, like ur so happy to see him. Do NOT ever SCOLD ur dog using his name eg: JOEY WHAT R U DOING?? U BIT MY SHOE U STUPID JOEY!!... ALWAYS associate his name with lots of cuddles smile.gif Weneva u sayang him, say his name repeatedly in a nice way eg: Joey.. Joey good boy...

Oya, wen he DOES respond to his name, smile at him and sayang him alot. LEt him know that JOEY = NICE EXPERIENCE. Then he will be more willing to respond to his name.

Wen it comes to feeding time, call his name ONCE, then say "come eat, eat your food". Associate the word "eat" and "food" with his meals.

Hmm those are just suggestions, my 2 cents ^^ BTW, 9mths old and don't respond to his name? Maybe u didnt spend enough time with him? My dogs within 2 weeks each knew his or her name already. I have kept from pure-breeds to mongrels, they are all the same. ^^
hi, dear. he did responded to his name but it is when he want.my dog loves to catch frog, (sweat..) so whenever he is busy with the frog catching, he will not bother others ppl, kek shei.
somehow , he is very smart, always people to chase him, like he will purposely bite ur shoes and ran away, he is like saying,
"le le le le, come and get me la, ne neh neh ne..." like that....kek shei..but may be he is still a young doggy la, loves to play.
he always bully my mum, when my mum gives him food, he don't want to eat, he wants my mum to sit beside him and say, "guai la, guai la, sayang, eat la eat la" if not, he will not eat..!! geram ...

Added on December 12, 2008, 11:01 am
QUOTE(petplayground @ Dec 11 2008, 02:12 PM)
any picture? Doberman is a handsome dog
my dog hasn't do the ear operation, to make his ear can stand,so now he is consider cute and handsome but not to the "man" level..hahaha....

This post has been edited by Penguin.23: Dec 12 2008, 11:01 AM
scotty
post Dec 12 2008, 02:15 PM

THX Certified Conman
Group Icon
Group: Staff

QUOTE(Penguin.23 @ Dec 12 2008, 10:57 AM)
hi, dear. he did responded to his name but it is when he want.my dog loves to catch frog, (sweat..) so whenever he is busy with the frog catching, he will not bother others ppl, kek shei.
somehow , he is very smart, always people to chase him, like he will purposely bite ur shoes and ran away, he is like saying,
"le le le le, come and get me la, ne neh neh ne..." like that....kek shei..but may be he is still a young doggy la, loves to play.
he always bully my mum, when my mum gives him food, he don't want to eat, he wants my mum to sit beside him and say, "guai la, guai la, sayang, eat la eat la" if not, he will not eat..!! geram ...

Added on December 12, 2008, 11:01 am

my dog hasn't do the ear operation, to make his ear can stand,so now he is consider cute and handsome but not to the "man" level..hahaha....
u need to crop his ears so that it can stand. but i doubt u can do it now. u have to do it while he was still young.
correct me if i'm wrong. here is the pic of my dobb biggrin.gif

user posted image
aureliux
post Dec 12 2008, 10:21 PM

On my way
Group: Senior Member

i have a doberman, copper and tan with uncrop ear... But he is kinda useless 1... Lose fight to my corgi...hehehe
Pennywise
post Dec 12 2008, 11:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Ah... the devil's dog, dobermans. Somehow, they look very evil to me even though some ppl has manage to keep them docile and harmless.

aureliux,
It's not because he lose then he is useless, he dowan to fight nia. What's the odds la man, Corgi will be killed if it provoke the Dobie too much. Hehehe..
aureliux
post Dec 12 2008, 11:45 PM

On my way

Not really... My corgi always bully my doberman 1!! never once he win the fight.... (btw this onli applies to my 1 onli lar..) Those cropped ears 1 look very fierce but uncrop 1 look silly.. tongue.gif My Diamond look silly!! There is once my corgi went to his kennel to sleep, he onli can bark from the far away....

Penguin.23
post Dec 13 2008, 10:20 AM

QUOTE(aureliux @ Dec 12 2008, 10:21 PM)
i have a doberman, copper and tan with uncrop ear... But he is kinda useless 1... Lose fight to my corgi...hehehe
hahah....i taught doberman is very "MAN" de....kaka.. mine is really fear sometime, and very strong. you didn't send your dog to the ear operation.?
smile.gif

Added on December 13, 2008, 10:23 amhey scotty, your dog looks super cool ^^how old is ur doberman now?

This post has been edited by Penguin.23: Dec 13 2008, 10:23 AM
aureliux
post Dec 13 2008, 10:56 AM

On my way

We actually prefer him that way... dont want him to look too fierce. He is kinda cute like this.. tongue.gif
jiajilah
post Dec 13 2008, 12:03 PM

Casual

I see some pet shop sticking plaster on their ears -.-" guess that makes the ear stand.
scotty
post Dec 13 2008, 02:11 PM

THX Certified Conman
Group Icon
Group: Staff

QUOTE(Penguin.23 @ Dec 13 2008, 10:20 AM)
hahah....i taught doberman is very "MAN" de....kaka.. mine is really fear sometime, and very strong. you didn't send your dog to the ear operation.?
smile.gif

Added on December 13, 2008, 10:23 amhey scotty, your dog looks super cool ^^how old is ur doberman now?
3 years old. smile.gif
Ah_Chuan
post Dec 23 2008, 02:54 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(aureliux @ Dec 12 2008, 11:45 PM)
Not really... My corgi always bully my doberman 1!! never once he win the fight.... (btw this onli applies to my 1 onli lar..) Those cropped ears 1 look very fierce but uncrop 1 look silly.. tongue.gif My Diamond look silly!! There is once my corgi went to his kennel to sleep, he onli can bark from the far away....
hi, upload some photos of ur doberman ler... i like to c. hehe...
doberman's body shape looks like dalmatian's. so fit in the chest and slim at the back.

Added on December 23, 2008, 7:07 pm
QUOTE(Ah_Chuan @ Dec 23 2008, 02:54 PM)
doberman's body shape looks like dalmatian's. so fit in the chest and slim at the back.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

This post has been edited by Ah_Chuan: Dec 23 2008, 07:07 PM
Juztiny
post Dec 23 2008, 11:38 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Ah_Chuan @ Dec 23 2008, 02:54 PM)

Added on December 23, 2008, 7:07 pm
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Recently I had just learned from another website, there is a different type of Doberman, i.e. German Doberman Pinscher, its size is only like Dalmation size. No wonder some Dobermans look big, and some look medium size.
Ah_Chuan
post Dec 24 2008, 12:40 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Juztiny @ Dec 23 2008, 11:38 PM)
Recently I had just learned from another website, there is a different type of Doberman, i.e. German Doberman Pinscher, its size is only like Dalmation size.  No wonder some Dobermans look big, and some look medium size.
the german pincher is smaller in size ya?
billchin
post Jan 19 2009, 12:40 PM

anybody want to buy my doberman?
MKA cert.
very nice and friendly, good with children and pet.

pls click below:
http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=889531&hl=

american bully
post Jan 21 2009, 08:25 PM

QUOTE(jiajilah @ Dec 13 2008, 12:03 PM)
I see some pet shop sticking plaster on their ears -.-" guess that makes the ear stand.
they plaster it because they just got their ears cropped.
you can still crop your dogs ear even it is 9 months old. biggrin.gif
petplayground
post Feb 1 2009, 11:27 AM

Getting Started

dont need to crop the ear la..so pitiful..dog had to suffer just for us to say nice...
ngkeanhooi
post Apr 9 2009, 12:05 AM

Group: Newbie

i just have my doberman too in Mid Feb. now he is 4 months old. However, he has skin problem, with fungus and white spot. anyone can help me? i have sent him for vet, and he is taking ubat now.. is it something to do with the food too?
petplayground
post Apr 11 2009, 02:46 PM

Getting Started

skin problem sometime is due to food.what food you feed your dog?

12 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0862sec    2.89    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th November 2017 - 02:44 AM