Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel All about Shenzhen, & Pearl River Delta

views

TSAronC
post Dec 3 2008, 09:47 PM, updated 16y ago

Casual
302 posts

Hey guys. smile.gif
I had my trip to Shenzhen during 5th of December. It was great and fun.
I didn't really take photos in Shenzhen but I did take photos in the GuangZhou Chimelong Paradise & Chimelong Circus and the Panyu Xiangjiang Safari Park

Will upload more photos here. rclxms.gif
Dear members of LYN, please do share you experiences here and PM me when you posted. I shall redirect it to your post. Thank you. cool.gif

This post has been edited by AronC: Dec 11 2008, 11:05 PM
TSAronC
post Dec 4 2008, 01:01 AM

Casual
302 posts

Did u look carefully at my thread? I mentioned Shenzhen. @.@
And sorry because I didn't mention I will be at Shenzhen more than HK.. wink.gif
TSAronC
post Dec 5 2008, 06:18 AM

Casual
302 posts

really? I heard my friends said beware of pick pocket as well. thanks! tongue.gif
Leaving soon. see ya buddies. =) thumbup.gif
TSAronC
post Dec 10 2008, 08:42 PM

Casual
302 posts

QUOTE(joeycheong23 @ Dec 5 2008, 01:32 AM)
yes, one thing when u go to china,
never buy anything from those kaki 5 peoples.
all con one.
especially jades, pearls.
just ignore them.

if anyone ask u for donation.
ignore only.
dont entertain them anything.
which is like NEVER

and keep ur wallets or valueble goods properly as well ya.
i heard that alot pick pockets there.

as for shopping,
u can bargain like half of their price there.
half or even more.
i mean, not in shopping malls la,
i dont remember where isit. but something like petaling street.
if they dont bargain, den just leave.
unless u really want that item alot.

shenzhen is not really a very developed place like beijing or anything.
people maybe rude there.
especially in crowds, u really gotta act like "tai koh" if not they'll keep cutting ur que like nobody's business.
really have to be firece to them.

i hope this helps,
because me myself experience all these before.
and i never liked shenzhen.  sweat.gif

if u going to shenzhen throught zhu hai,
let me know, i'll tell u more experice tongue.gif
Hey, you were right. really must act like taikoh.. my friend kena cut queue when lining up.. and very rude..
gosh, sooooo many smokers... doh.gif hate the life there.. quite busy
the place u mentioned i guess is "dong men" & "nv ren shi jie" (Women's world) went there, bargain alot when buying stuffs thumbup.gif
bought 1 jacket.. but not in the 2 places, i mean i bought it in shopping mall, nice!

anyway, anyone need some guides can tell me.. cool.gif
TSAronC
post Dec 10 2008, 09:55 PM

Casual
302 posts

QUOTE(AronC @ Dec 10 2008, 08:42 PM)
Hey, you were right. really must act like taikoh.. my friend kena cut queue when lining up.. and very rude..
gosh, sooooo many smokers...  doh.gif hate the life there.. quite busy
the place u mentioned i guess is "dong men" & "nv ren shi jie" (Women's world) went there, bargain alot when buying stuffs  thumbup.gif
bought 1 jacket.. but not in the 2 places, i mean i bought it in shopping mall, nice!

anyway, anyone need some guides can tell me..  cool.gif
sure i can rename the title, but i dont really know about Shenzhen and stuffs.. with member's helps to improve this thread? wink.gif
TSAronC
post Dec 11 2008, 11:07 PM

Casual
302 posts

QUOTE(stimix @ Dec 10 2008, 10:36 PM)
Ok-lah..Abit on this city...This is my 2nd trip to this gigantic 4th Largest city in China After Shanghai, Beijing & Guangzhou. 28 years ago, it was just a fishermen village! When I visited it in 1995, the size was about KL or slightly larger wth concentration of highrises at Lou Hu, Dong Meng & abit highrises at the Window of the World.

From what I hv seen last week, the city expandedand currently the population no longer the size of KL but even exceeded Hong Kong population!! Currently ~8million! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World's_l..._agglomerations

My last week visit, I hv planned to goto Dong Meng, Windows of the world & also the border area. However I only managed to cover the border shopping & abit of walking downtown hunting for breakfast  blush.gif ..Nevertheless enjoy the shopping experience there.esp the border shopping complex opposite the railway station & nxt to the border complex.

Here're abit of photos of the city taken last Friday:

1) Border complex. On the right is the border shopping complex & on the right is the railway station & Railway hotel (I stayed here 1 nite for RMB200 only!...spacious & clean 3 star hotel  thumbup.gif

user posted image

2) Another view now from the border looking at the old city (Not much changes compare to 1995. The city expanded to the right& left, view blocked by the railway hotel building. Obvious changes is the new pedestrian street covering the road below. In 1995, there is no such pedestrian street

user posted image

3) Downtown Shenzhen taken in front of KFC Louhu..Abit of the pinnacle of Sung Hing Plaza at the back of the blue glass tower, currently the tallest buiding in Shenzhen & also one of the tallest in the world (In 1995, it's still under construction based on my old photos):

user posted image
One thing missing from my previous visit...no more beggars!! I remembered in 1995, those child beggar & old ladies keep on chasing me for money!!
LOL. During my trip, there are still some beggars beg for money but I ignored them. rclxub.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0172sec    0.52    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:50 PM