REMEMBER THE RULES
1) This is a separate area of Hardware meant specifically for the asking of question, discussion topics belong in Hardware (Main)
goldfries sez : This is "Hardware Questions & Answers" - meaning it's for people to ask questions. For discussions, please visit the HARDWARE section.
2) The rules for availability, pricing and stock still hold and any discussion of such belongs in the Price and dealers guide.
3) Spam will not be tolerated. Spam is equated to pointless 1 liners or unconstructive remarks or generally unhelpful comments that do not help the objective of the thread.
goldfries sez : Frequent spammers will be issued a warning. Post contructively. I don't mind 1-liners that are spot on. Multiple lines of crap is just as bad as single line of crap.
4) This is not a place for sales or advertising them, leave that to trade zone and if you wish to recommend a product you're selling, use the PM system.
5) Please stick to the one topic at a time and if needed put all your question in 1 topic, this is to save space and allow others the chance for their question to be answered too.
goldfries sez : Try to keep your questions to a single thread. For example, if you want to setup a PC - you start a thread. then you have thoughts of getting a graphic card or something, you can just continue in your existing thread. there's no need to start something new just for each "?" that appears in your head. Only start new threads for something totally new!
6) Flaming for no apparent reason will be dealt with severely, if you have any problems with other members, contact the mod team or the staff.
goldfries sez : Be nice. Don't be emo. We're open for a little bit of drama here and there but just don't over do it. If you felt offended, either you PM the other party to sort it out, make a good (public) come back or just ignore the fella. REPORTS should be used sparingly, not just because your ego is somehow irked by someone. Don't be a cry-baby.
Try not being a fanboy, it doesn't help with Q&A when all you can say is "<put brand here> rules!" or anything similar, do that often and you'll be back to point #3 and don't be surprised you log in with a warning issued on you.
7) No POLL threads! Please, POLL threads are useless. More people using certain things doesn't necessarily make them good, sometimes it's just because they're the most widely available or cheapest to acquire. * Terms & Conditions apply. *
8) Please don't hijack threads. It makes it all the more confusing, it's like giving consultation to 2 or more patients in a session. You could possibly hijack if the topic is really really close but don't be surprise if the moderators find it not suitable and made your post a new topic with stupid titles. (yes, if you couldn't be bothered to THINK before you post, we couldn't be bothered to THINK of a new thread title for you either.)
9) Ask intelligently because we encourage people to ask with their THINKING CAP on. If you have a question, remember to state your preference or purpose - put it simple, furnish as much information as possible. Don't waste people's time as people are here to help you.
10) Don't ask things that you can find on your own, eg "what's the difference between i5 and i7?" - Damn it guys, if you expect people to put TIME into answering you then how about YOU putting some TIME AND EFFORT to do a research on your own first? We discourage spoon-feeding. Even if you want to know the difference, at least state your findings first.
This post has been edited by goldfries: Nov 10 2009, 03:42 PM
Hardware Q&A : Rules & Regulation, just to add........