Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Second class lower graduate, can get job?

views

meebo
post Apr 19 2010, 12:17 AM

Getting Started
88 posts

QUOTE(tonYe @ Apr 18 2010, 11:53 PM)
But I don't think I could wait 6-12 months. I am being pressured front and back. I might just end up in a small company doing what i dont want to do.
You will realize one day this is what makes you better and stronger than others. Trust me u will be fine. Been there done that. I sent at least 50++ resumes, but still couldn't get a decent job. ( or the job is too shitty with super peanut pay), sent 100 then, 200..eventually, I got there as well. Remember this, each failure makes you think what you have done wrong in your resume/interview.

"Mr. Success is a lousy teacher, Mr. Failure, on the other hand, he teaches you more than what you need."

This post has been edited by meebo: Apr 19 2010, 12:19 AM
meebo
post Apr 25 2010, 05:52 PM

Getting Started
88 posts

QUOTE(eggyolk @ Apr 20 2010, 10:12 AM)
Sorry guys, just being true and blunt here. 2nd Class Lower is seriously very low.

Yes some poeple will say screw the grades if you can even express yourself, communicate, etc.

But sadly, you are in Malaysia. Where good CGPA determines whether you have the chance to get the job.

It also depends on the nature of the job also. If the job requires technical expertise then you ask yourself. Will you hire a him with a 2nd Class Lower?

There is a saying " Drop a coin from the mountain, there is a 99% chance you will hit a freshgraduate". Well maybe is not a saying. But isnt its true?
I do not agree at all, as a matter of fact, you really need to look into the particular University and course of the candidate taking. I have to say this because when I look into certain universities (I do not wanna name), having the same courses in which another university offers, they have SO MANY 1st class honor students comparatively, some could even get 4/4 CGPA which is ridiculous I think. (4/4 CGPA means that particular student have to score solid A'sssss in every subject that he/she has taken within the 3~4 years course.

Of course, another reason I m telling this also, some universities have set their standard for first class ridiculously too high in which if you look at my case smile.gif, an engineering degree in USM, unbelievably there was no first class student at all, out of the 40~50+ students of the course. Majority of the students CGPA fell between 2.8~3.3 of that range. So in this case, are you gonna say the 2nd class lower students are lousy and should go and work as farmer? You need to look beyond CGPA seriously! (a stupid, non-standardized academic system that differs in different university)

These days, when I look at the most job vacancy advertisement in anywhere, they always ask for "excellent grade with CGPA more than 3.5" I was like...well it they are looking for student from certain universities which is easier to score then it's okay, but in my case, I WAS CLEARLY PHUCKED by my university standard! tongue.gif

This post has been edited by meebo: Apr 25 2010, 05:54 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0121sec    0.20    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:47 PM