Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Second class lower graduate, can get job?

views

Amanda85
post Dec 7 2008, 06:10 PM

Scuderia Ferrari
2,232 posts

i juz completed my 3rd year exam and went for half a dozen interviews. all from diff sorts of company, becoz i sent out dozen of resume and basically wanted to get as much interview experience as possible without accepting the offer of the one that i'm not interested. i know i'm wasted everybody time, but .....

last friday went to a MNC company for interview, and they didn't event look at my result. they straight away started the interview and ask standard interview question ad some behavioral/IQ question and we discuss about their current company project. later on, we spent another half and hour talking about my hobbies n volunteering work. the next day, they call me up for some sort of computer evaluation test.

so basically what result i got? i dunno. my result haven't been release yet, i juz sent my resume, stating 'pending result', add lotsa activities and prior working experience. and i got bunch of calls.

and i got 2 job offered without having a result to show

This post has been edited by Amanda85: Dec 7 2008, 06:23 PM
Amanda85
post Dec 11 2008, 10:35 PM

Scuderia Ferrari
2,232 posts

QUOTE(CarroTT @ Dec 10 2008, 11:44 AM)
got 1-2 of my frens purposely go back to skool again to take a few subjects in hope to bump up their cgpa over 3 pointer
lol. i can't wait to get away from my campus.

i wil rather accept job from smaller company and get working experience. tongue.gif

Added on December 11, 2008, 10:37 pm
QUOTE(mjjj @ Dec 10 2008, 10:11 AM)
some stated there on jobstreet or watever minimal degree holder but the fact is my fren went to interview with a diploma and they dun give a damm instead straight proceed to interview i think was forgotten which comp was it and he got it paying 2.8k p.a for a fresh graduate like him is quite ok and to add on he is diploma holder..it depends how u interact with the recruitment staff or the interviewer sometimes..juz take an example ure a salesman the interviewer is the customer and start ur conversation and persue him/her to buy ur product this is wat i learnt
i don't care what they state in the requirement, wether is 3.0 or totally different degree.

i juz submit my resume if i like that job scope. no harm in trying. the point is get as many interviews as possible so later u can make the choice later.

This post has been edited by Amanda85: Dec 11 2008, 10:37 PM
Amanda85
post Dec 11 2008, 10:42 PM

Scuderia Ferrari
2,232 posts

QUOTE(kornelius @ Dec 10 2008, 11:38 AM)
I think if interview that time perform good thn should be fine... one of my colleague here damn good selling himself and boss like it thn hire him... and after 1 years... is not like what he mention in his interview... failed badly... kena second warning letter... woot woot... first staff ever in my company received warning letter and he got 2!!! roxxor!!!
lol. i kinda fall into that category also. got this interviewer ask me to give a real life example of how i lead a team in school. i can't bear to say i never did such thing b4. so basically i add some salt and pepper to my life experience. some true some fake.

the interviewers are so convinced by me that they offer me an even better position that the one i apply for. they said 'since you sound so confident in presentation, do u like a job that help the company to train the technical staff?'. i was like " ohmy.gif ".

but anyway, i got myself another offer from another company doing a 'safer' job. so i didn't risk mysef from accepting the 'challenge'. tongue.gif
Amanda85
post Dec 11 2008, 11:13 PM

Scuderia Ferrari
2,232 posts

QUOTE(Gary1981 @ Dec 11 2008, 10:54 PM)
Amanda 85

Good perception you have. If all the graduates has this perception as you, the jobless percentage can be reduce. You has the right attitude. Keep it up...
Honestly, with my huge debt (educational loan) and this economy crisis, i'm desperate for any job that comes in hand. but after attending nearly a dozen interviews, the difficult part is to reject some of the offers, while still wanted to maintain a good relationship, juz incase i might come in touch with them in the future.

got an interviewer even ask me 'what salary the other company offer you? we might be able to give that too'
unsure.gif honestly, i feels so bad. coz i dunno what kind of nice excuse to come out with.

This post has been edited by Amanda85: Dec 11 2008, 11:15 PM
Amanda85
post Dec 12 2008, 08:42 PM

Scuderia Ferrari
2,232 posts

QUOTE(kamal007 @ Dec 12 2008, 08:05 PM)
so lying about the things you wrote in your resume is a good thing?
everything i wrote in the resume is true, with all the cert as backup.

only sometime during the interview, i got too carried away tongue.gif

Added on December 12, 2008, 8:43 pm
QUOTE(CarroTT @ Dec 12 2008, 01:24 PM)
waaarrghhhhhh, i m underpaid ! ! ! ! !! !  cry.gif
i'm sure u're not underpaid, since u said u only work 10% laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Amanda85: Dec 12 2008, 08:43 PM
Amanda85
post Dec 22 2008, 01:57 AM

Scuderia Ferrari
2,232 posts

QUOTE(kooka @ Dec 18 2008, 04:11 PM)

About hiding your CGPA, it may increase a little bit your chance for being called into interview la. But maybe slightly better, not very much. Also add whatever added values to cover it up. 1st job, we cannot pilih2 sgt. (kite kene sedar diri, dah la pointer rendah, nak memilih lak. takpat arr, ahaa tongue.gif )
hey, got to agree with u about hiding bad result. i did that too becoz my 3rd year result kinda sucks. and i really got all the interviews for every resume i sent out.

and during the interview, try the best to impress. depending on the job scope, i believe if given the choice between a person with good result but can't talk with confidence and another with bad result but have great interpersonal skills, i'm sure we have our chance.

whenever they ask about why my 3rd year result is such a flop, i will use my volunteer works, activities, working experience, n etc as backup.
Amanda85
post Oct 1 2010, 10:53 PM

Scuderia Ferrari
2,232 posts

QUOTE(skyzai @ Oct 1 2010, 05:11 PM)
but work like hell shit,according to my fren
hong leong same shit too.
there is a reason y they pay so much for a freshie

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0190sec    0.77    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:58 PM