Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Which Bank the lousiest Service.

views

sailou
post Oct 21 2009, 08:32 AM

On my way
593 posts

Let me offer my share of stories about banks i've come across

Alliance - Somewhere in the late 90s. Forgot to retrieve my ATM card after withdrawal. Lost RM500. When i check with the bank, there were no irregularities. This is when i realized the money will dispense even when the card has not been removed from the ATM. The best part is when you push the card back into the machine, it doesn't require a PIN to withdraw money for the 2nd time. So when i left the card on the machine and someone just need push the card back in to withdraw money from my account.

BSN - Did a monthly saving plan with this bank. Matured after 2 years. Withdraw the savings into another bank. The teller told me they are only allowed to interbank transfer 20k and i have to take the remaining 6k by cash sweat.gif although her colleague told her she can do 2 times interbank transfer. She ignorantly said it is not allowed and gave me the 6k. Hesitantly, i picked it up and proceed to the nearest Maybank. I bank in 5k into a cash deposit machine and it got jammed!! shakehead.gif Worse the bank is already closed but some staffs are still inside the bank. I knocked the grill and ask the security guard to get a staff to help me. Hesitantly, someone came and ask me to fill up a form and got my money back into the account the next day. sweat.gif

AMBank - Apply for loan. Rejected but never bother to inform. You just wait til forever comes. Happened few times.

Bumiputra Commerce Bank (Now CIMB) - Went to change my 567 pieces of RM1 coins when it was announced it will no longer be accepted. The teller said they can only take maximum RM500 and ask me to fill up a form. When i read through the form, it says i'm declaring myself exchanging more than RM500 in RM1 coins. So i ask the teller the form says i'm declaring myself exchanging more than RM500 but why refuse to accept my balance 67 pieces of RM1 coins. She refer to her manager behind and the lady manager spoke loudly to me from her desk, 'There you are having more than 500 pieces with you so you must fill up the form.'
I replied 'But the form says i'm exchanging more than 500 pieces. You are not taking my balance 67 pieces.'
She reply again loudly from her desk, 'We are taking maximum RM500 and you must fill up the form. Some other bank are not even accepting.' I quickly fill up the form, took my money and left. So much written in the newspaper every bank must accept and exchange the RM1 coins they came upon. What a farking policy and a farking rude manager.

Other banks i have had account with:

Maybank - Using M2U so no need to go to the bank for banking. Generally 100% using M2U for banking purposes. I know their CS sucks though but the online banking covers it all.
Citibank - My credit card is with them. So far so good. CS respond is excellent all the time. 24 hour banking.
HSBC - Oklar
Public Bank - Oklar

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0116sec    0.74    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 02:31 PM