Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Which Bank the lousiest Service.

views

MilesAndMore
post Sep 30 2009, 03:40 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
9,290 posts

The worst bank > CIMB Bank. Their tellers are super slow even if the queues are not long. Customer service staff are not friendly at all.

Standard Chartered Bank is also very slow. There simply are too many people and sometimes they took 30 minutes just to entertain one customer shakehead.gif

Another complain would be the newly opened Public Bank branch in Gaya Street, Kota Kinabalu. I always like to go to this branch to update my passbook because this branch is so new (just opened for business in mid-August 2009) and the customer flow is low. So usually there is no queue at all unlike the other five Public Bank branches also in Kota Kinabalu. But there is this stupid young lady at counter 7 in this particular branch who is rude vmad.gif Will definitely lodge a complain if i bump into her again next time.

Generally i am fond of Public Bank but i think they really need to install more ATMs and CDM. Very often the ATMs run out of money at night around 10pm while the CDM has no more room for more cash on Sunday because it is full. I went to the newly refurbished Public Bank branch in Bintang Walk early this month and i like it very much. Last time they was only one ATM machine in this branch. The newly renovated branch now has a large express banking lobby (ATMs, CDM etc.) and i noticed they have reserved 12 space for ATM and CDM. So far they have only installed 1 ATM, 1 CDM and 1 cheque deposit machine there. Hopefully they will soon install the rest.

MilesAndMore
post Sep 30 2009, 12:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
9,290 posts

QUOTE(santaclaus @ Sep 30 2009, 11:45 AM)
2) this time i went to the branch to change my signature ... so i was refer to the officer in charge of CA ... tht rude officer say she is bz n ask me to come later ... ok fine , i ask her politely wat documents i nid to prepare since its a partnership company , i'll prepare everything then come bek tomolo , she then suddenly mengamuk , say its complicated , tell me go bek n come when she is free , she will call WHEN she is free  doh.gif  so i bcame tulan , i ask for another form , i say now i wanna close all my accounts in RHB be it personal or business , then onli the branch manager come out ... she ask y wanna close , i say ur officer dunwan serve me so i go to other bank who wanna serve me la ... after tht the manager take out 1 form , i sign on it then finish ... the particulars oso no nid fill , the manager fill it for me ... she juz check my ic n thumbprint .... obviously wat i wanna do juz take less than 5mins , i wonder y the officer at the first place wasted more than 10mins to mengamuk

If i were you i will lodge an official complaint to RHB HQ.

QUOTE(santaclaus @ Sep 30 2009, 11:45 AM)
as for good service , i would say HSBC ... althou i closed the account ( transfer to SCB for higher interest  biggrin.gif  ) i still miss their service ...
Totally agree with you but the teller service in HSBC Kota Kinabalu is a bit slow sad.gif Both the tellers in HSBC and Standard Chartered are very nice and friendly, just that they are very slow compared to Public Bank.

MilesAndMore
post Oct 19 2009, 11:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
9,290 posts

QUOTE(jeff_v2 @ Oct 19 2009, 11:23 PM)
maybank, stil the same. even if there is no cust. their srvice is lousy and slow...
yet, stil got many cust go to the bank...
well tiger is no.1 in M'sia rite  shakehead.gif
I personally have not had much problem with Maybank. Yeah, their service is a bit slow. Most frontline staff aka tellers are Kadazan/Dusun and Malay here in Sabah and they all are friendly. Just that sometimes when processing my request they like to talk to each other about something else that totally has nothing to do with bank such as which kopitiam sells cheap lunch or which restaurant is having lunch promo now and much more. Other than that they are all fine people and they always greet me when they see me and thank me just before i leave the counter biggrin.gif

MilesAndMore
post Oct 20 2009, 01:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
9,290 posts

QUOTE(tony @ Oct 20 2009, 10:42 AM)
RHB at Air Itam, Penang

Went there to open a join account, after fill up the form etc, both of their card readers at counter can't read my IC.

"Encik..our card reader sudah rosak lah"

So, what are you gonna do now ?

"Sorry lah..encik. kalau macam tu, kita tak boleh buka account bagi encik.

I am so furious. What a stupid bank with stupid system and staff. Card reader can't read your IC. So We can't open account for you. How do you open account last time when card reader wasn't invented ? I didn't argue with them though, it's useless to argue with cow...just work out without saying a word.
Yeah. RHB Bank always insist we can only perform a over the counter transaction only if our MyKad or their MyKad reader is working. Maybank is not as fussy though. When the chip on our MyKad can't be read, they will ask you to show them your driver's license instead. Then they will photostat a copy to keep as a record.

MilesAndMore
post Oct 21 2009, 11:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
9,290 posts

QUOTE(airline @ Oct 21 2009, 10:18 PM)
Have to agree HSBC the best.. i go with Power Vantage. Even though, there are limitations eg 4 withdrawals every months, monthly maintenance fee high.
HSBC doesn't impose limited withdrawal for PowerVantage. The account fee will be automatically waived if you have RMxxxxx inside HSBC, be it in Time Deposit or your PowerVantage account.

The limited withdrawals only apply to HSBC Toprate Savings and HSBC Amanah Savings Account-i. Refer to the table below.
Attached Image

MilesAndMore
post Oct 22 2009, 12:02 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
9,290 posts

QUOTE(airline @ Oct 21 2009, 11:23 PM)
Any way/method/jalan to waive the monthly rm10 in my monthly statement as well?
Eh ? RM10/mth ? I thought the monthly maintenance fee is either RM5 or RM15 ? RM5/mth is for the E-chequeing one and RM15/mth for complete one.

You need to ask them what is the minimum deposit limit in order to get the monthly maintenance fee waived. If i'm not mistaken, for the complete one with a monthly fee of RM15, the monthly fee will be automatically waived if you have at least RM65,000 in deposit with HSBC. As for the PowerVantage with E-chequeing facility only, the RM5 monthly fee can be waived if you have at least RM20,000 of deposit with HSBC.

MilesAndMore
post Oct 23 2009, 01:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
9,290 posts

QUOTE(airline @ Oct 23 2009, 01:08 AM)
lets say i have more than rm65,000. they waive immediately, or have to call up?

somehow i meet the requirement, and i still get charged. they better reverse it
I just found the fee waiver rules. Here you go.
Attached Image

MilesAndMore
post Nov 4 2009, 12:03 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
9,290 posts

QUOTE(jeff_v2 @ Nov 3 2009, 11:25 PM)
wta, planning to open a current account soon...
which bank is the easiest? thing of rhb or public...
btw, any requirement to open a current account?
thanks
For Public Bank. ACE account is the only account that you do not need an introducer.
- RM3000 to open an account
- A monthly paper statement
- RM5 service charge per month should the monthly average balance is below RM5,000. Otherwise no service charge at all
- Interest will be paid for all balances exceeding RM5,000 and credited monthly

MilesAndMore
post Nov 8 2009, 11:00 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
9,290 posts

QUOTE(wirelessdude @ Nov 8 2009, 10:34 AM)
3) HSBC - I'm a Premier customer and that means must keep more than RM200k with them. I was given a Relationship Manager (RM) which service sucks and he's only interested to sell me stuff.
Request to change RM.

MilesAndMore
post Nov 8 2009, 11:21 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
9,290 posts

QUOTE(wirelessdude @ Nov 8 2009, 11:14 AM)
I've contemplated moving to Stanchart Priority or CIMB Preferred, but I like HSBC's online system, i.e. the ability to view even overseas bank accounts.
The good news is that Standard Chartered will also have the same feature in December rclxms.gif However, they do not have any retail banking operation in Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, North/Central/South America.

This post has been edited by MilesAndMore: Nov 8 2009, 11:22 AM
MilesAndMore
post Nov 9 2009, 02:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
9,290 posts

QUOTE(omniknight86 @ Nov 9 2009, 01:13 PM)
To share with you all, my lecturer said Citibank banking is good because very fast counter service and very friendly staff  smile.gif For the KLCC branch
The one on the third floor on Menara Citibank ? I was there last Friday and do you know what i am going to do next ? I'm going to meet the main banking hall manager. All the customer service officers are LIABILITIES to Citibank ! vmad.gif

This post has been edited by MilesAndMore: Nov 9 2009, 02:12 PM
MilesAndMore
post Nov 13 2009, 05:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
9,290 posts

Scam victim seeing red over bank’s lack of urgency

I HAVE been a victim of an Internet scam. Upon realising an hour later that I had been fooled into paying US$1.88 because I was unable to find the website, I immediately made a call to Maybank.

I had to wait for more than 30 minutes before my call was answered. This was way past midnight. I was then redirected to the credit card department and during this time, I had to wait for another 10 to 15 minutes. A woman staff then informed me my card had been charged three times within an hour amounting to RM220.

This was the point where the frus tration began. First, I was advised to check with the merchant if they were fraudulent. Further to that, I was asked how I knew the website would use my card to do any unauthorised transactions, and how they could know my security pin.

The call centre then proceeded to tell me that all Maybank online transactions require a password, which I am not familiar with.

Finally I conceded to pay the abovementioned charges, as all I wanted was for my card to be cancelled to prevent further unauthorised transactions. Now here’s the cherry on top of the whole debacle. I couldn’t cancel my card because it was not lost and because I couldn’t prove that fraudulent charges had been made to my card.

I now had to tell her that I had just dropped my card in a drain and wanted to report a lost card. Five minutes later, her superior told me he had to charge me RM50 for losing my card.

Where is the comfort of security for credit card users after they suspect they had been duped? Plenty could happen between midnight and 8.30 in the morning.

What’s the purpose of a call centre if I still need to make a formal complaint at the nearest Maybank? Is this standard procedure?

D. SOON,
Kluang.

MilesAndMore
post Dec 11 2009, 02:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
9,290 posts

QUOTE(santaclaus @ Dec 11 2009, 12:17 PM)
WTF is this RHB doing? always gif ppl do additional steps when something simple can b done. always wanna thumbprint check , they play tht device till addicted izzit?
As far as i am concerned, this is also the ONLY bank that will scan all the money handed to them at the teller counter even if you are just trying to deposit a few thousands Ringgit in cash sweat.gif All other banks such as Public Bank, Maybank, CIMB Bank, AmBank and Standard Chartered all do not even bother to scan it even when i try to deposit more than RM10,000 of cash at the teller counter.
MilesAndMore
post Dec 11 2009, 11:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
9,290 posts

QUOTE(leongal @ Dec 11 2009, 04:45 PM)
My bf wanted to open a FD account there. Went there about 1sth lunch time, the officer ask us to come back at 2pm cos the customer service officer went out for lunch.

You should lodge a complain regarding this matter to the bank HQ as there should be at least one customer service officer on duty during lunch hour.

Never mind that. Then, we came back, waited for close to 30 minutes - because there is only one customer service officer, despite 4 counters. Then, it was our turn. The machine can't read the chip from my bf's ID card -  vmad.gif u noe wat the officer say?   "u need to change your ID card only can open FD account?"  vmad.gif wth?

It is the same with Maybank, CIMB Bank, RHB Bank, HSBC and many other banks. You cannot open a new account or withdraw your money if their system cannot read your MyKad.

Never mind, then we decided to withdraw the money, have to wait for 30 over people only our turn vmad.gif when it was our turn vmad.gif the officer say we can't withdraw more than rm10k  wth? it is our money, and the actual person vmad.gif  is present to withdraw the money, can't be done?  vmad.gif dam mad

That is because your boyfriend's account holding branch is not at the Public Bank branch you and your boyfriend at this afternoon. For over the counter inter-branch cash withdrawal, the maximum limit per day is only RM10,000. All other banks have similar rules but the maximum limit is different. For example :
- Maybank > RM25,000
- CIMB Bank > RM50,000
- RHB Bank > RM5,000

If you do the withdrawal at your account holding branch, there is no maximum limit. You are allowed to withdraw any amount you'd like.

despite all the awards and titles vmad.gif that this Pariah Bank has gotten, what type of service is it giving?  vmad.gif
You really should lodge a complain about the absence of all customer service officers during lunch hour. They are not allowed to leave the banking hall without anyone at the customer service desks. Clearly they have violated the company's rules.

This post has been edited by MilesAndMore: Dec 11 2009, 11:12 PM
MilesAndMore
post Dec 15 2009, 01:40 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
9,290 posts

QUOTE(YummYMoCHa @ Dec 15 2009, 12:55 AM)
Some more, fax over the document to the branch and call to confirmation, no one answering the call, after they call back to you, they just directly scold you why never call to them to confirm the fax..... W**...
What ? They actually dare to scold their customers ? I would have gone nuts if i were you vmad.gif

This post has been edited by MilesAndMore: Dec 15 2009, 01:41 AM
MilesAndMore
post Dec 23 2009, 11:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
9,290 posts

QUOTE(iamkid @ Dec 23 2009, 05:27 PM)
Maybank is most terrible....! I need to make appointment to open a saving account and the customer service..my GOD she think she is what?
Wow ! Mind to tell us which Maybank branch is that ?

QUOTE(santaclaus @ Dec 23 2009, 06:09 PM)
rhb : alah , janganla samakan kitaorang dengan bank lain
me: kalau dah tau bank sendiri ada problem , ikutla cara orang lain. sekejap nak doc ini , sekajap nak doc itu , berapa surat yang u orang nak?

rhb : okla , sekarang i tutup u punya akaun then transfer the balance into u punya saving. boleh?
me : macam ni kan senang ... thank you.
LOL ! You should have told them you'd like cash because you now want to close the savings account as well. If they ask you why ? Tell them : "malaslah i nak tengok muka kamu" laugh.gif

This post has been edited by MilesAndMore: Dec 23 2009, 11:42 PM
MilesAndMore
post Dec 26 2009, 09:27 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
9,290 posts

QUOTE(xuanxuan @ Dec 26 2009, 05:01 AM)
I'm using mine own handphone to call woh.

But, even I can use their phone to call CIMB's call center, I dont think so the staff can allow me to stay there for long long since she may need to use that phone too.
Usually when we go to their office to enquire something about our credit card and if there is a need to call their credit card centre in KL, they will let us to call using their office phone.

QUOTE(leongal @ Dec 26 2009, 08:26 AM)
wta - now banks allow customers to use handphone to talk inside the bank?
Supposedly they are not allowed to but banks in Malaysia nowadays as much less stricter and there simply is nobody there to enforce the rule. I see people talking using their cellphone all the time inside the bank and no one is asking them to leave the bank's premise, not even the guard. Remember the days when all the teller counters had grilled and a thick tempered glass on ? All those are gone as far as i am concerned ... well, except for some government owned banks such as BSN sweat.gif

This post has been edited by MilesAndMore: Dec 26 2009, 09:28 AM
MilesAndMore
post Jan 2 2010, 05:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
9,290 posts

QUOTE($Dream$ @ Jan 2 2010, 07:48 AM)
nobody nominate Affin?  i'll vote for it..
Most likely because not many people are using Affin Bank laugh.gif Simply ask one of the people walking on street and i bet some of them are not even aware of Affin Bank existence.
MilesAndMore
post Jun 3 2010, 12:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
9,290 posts

Alliance Bank ! Pretty much all the Alliance Bank branches in my area suck big time with the staffs know absolutely nada !
MilesAndMore
post Jun 9 2010, 12:06 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
9,290 posts

QUOTE(g r a p e k e y @ Jun 8 2010, 11:24 PM)
Maybank people are not very pleasant compared to EON people (even their security guard greets you). EON (Kota Kemuning) people are very welcoming hence I feel safe & they somehow make me feel that I can rely on them. There's this Branch Manager from Maybank (Kota Kemuning) by the name of Anita (Malay lady), she carries this unpleasant personally "very snobbish & easily gets irritates" . I guess she sees skin colour.

EON is good in terms of the people are very welcoming. Hong Leong is not too bad either, other's borderline.

I've yet to visit Alliance, Public bank.
I too have noticed this. EON Bank's security guard always greet everyone walking in and out of the main doors which is really good thumbup.gif

Alliance Bank in my opinion is just vmad.gif

Public Bank on the other hand has very efficient counter service. They have the fastest counter service of all the banks in Malaysia.

QUOTE(g r a p e k e y @ Jun 8 2010, 11:24 PM)
How is OUB?  Any feedback? There's one OUB bank opening at Taipan USJ very near my house.
It is an okay bank in my opinion except that they do not allow anyone to open any other types of savings account except the e-Account. I've been told that only those who have signed up for their insurance or credit card can open the Basic Savings Account that comes with no ATM card annual fee.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0200sec    0.69    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:49 PM