Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

How to set up cctv system throught online?

views

TSyingnan
post Nov 19 2008, 01:58 PM, updated 16y ago

14 posts

how can i set up my cctv system on webiste?

i am using DvrNet software..
how to set up on the software and the website?

anyone help pls. thanks.
kakarocht
post Nov 19 2008, 02:54 PM

Hibernate Time.............
3,254 posts

QUOTE(yingnan @ Nov 19 2008, 01:58 PM)
how can i set up my cctv system on webiste?

i am using DvrNet software..
how to set up on the software and the website?

anyone help pls. thanks.
perhaps you may need to read the manual 1st before u create the thread. gd luck.
Hattori
post Nov 19 2008, 03:16 PM

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
1,177 posts

Assuming you use WinXP on your CCTV PC :

1) Install all your DVRNet software on the CCTV PC (Drivers, Apache web server & etc).
Configure your site name & access password.

2) Set the CCTV PC to have a static IP address like 192.168.1.100.

Test the web server by launching IE and enter the IP address or PC name on the browser address bar.

Continue to login and then install the ActiveX viewer in IE once and you should be able to view the CCTV.

3) Configure the router/modem to port forward/allow incoming port 80, 8080 & 8081 to the CCTV PC IP address.

If your broadband package is using static IP, skip steps 4 & 5.

4) If your broadband package is not using static IP, register for DNS service like www.dyndns.org and set a URL like "yingnan.dyndns.org" in the host section of the DynDNS account configuration.

5) Download and install the DynDNS IP updater client on the home PC, & configure it with your DynDNS account IP, password, and host URL you have set above and set it to run automatically as a System Service.

(If your router/firewall support DynDNS service, you don't have to download & install the software, but some routers are not DynDNS compliant & your URL might get banned for repeated updating from same IP address)

6) Use a WinXP PC with Internet connection and run the IE (I don't think it works for Vista) for this because of the ActiveX plugin, Firefox/Opera/etc won't work.

7) Enter the public static IP (if you have) or the DynDNS hostname you have registered -> yingnan.dyndns.org into the IE address bar.

You should be able to see the WebDVR login screen.

Otherwise you can also install the DVRNet client viewer & configure it using the static IP address or DynDNS name if you don't want to use Internet browsers.
TSyingnan
post Nov 19 2008, 05:34 PM

14 posts

hey thanks very much!
i gona try it!
andyfriends
post Jan 18 2009, 11:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,326 posts

QUOTE(Hattori @ Nov 19 2008, 03:16 PM)
Otherwise you can also install the DVRNet client viewer & configure it using the static IP address or DynDNS name if you don't want to use Internet browsers.
I tried key in the Dyndns name but i cant login must use the IP address. But i realise that the IP address keeps changing everytime when i restart my modem. Any solution?

Where can i download the software for hp? Mine is W960i thanks.

fitree
post Jan 19 2009, 01:35 AM

Getting Started
83 posts

andyfriends :

u have to make sure ur dydns url pointed to ur ip.if u have a static ip,it would be easier.but in ur case of dynamic ip,u can download dydns client to update ur ip automatically with dydns each time u've connected to the internet.

vinothen
post Jan 19 2009, 09:51 AM

1 2 3 4
260 posts

lol Hattori is damn sure about what he is doing...however u should check ur manual 1st...
andyfriends
post Jan 19 2009, 10:05 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,326 posts

QUOTE(fitree @ Jan 19 2009, 01:35 AM)
andyfriends :

u have to make sure ur dydns url pointed to ur ip.if u have a static ip,it would be easier.but in ur case of dynamic ip,u can download dydns client to update ur ip automatically with dydns each time u've connected to the internet.
Where can I download the software? Do i google search it?

But i still need to key in the ip address into the DVR software in order to view it, right? Then i may need to physically change the ip address everytime when i intend to view the CCTV right?

Mind explain more on the software's function? Thanks.
Lucifer96
post Jan 19 2009, 11:37 AM

Getting Started
257 posts

QUOTE(andyfriends @ Jan 19 2009, 10:05 AM)
Where can I download the software?  Do i google search it?

But i still need to key in the ip address into the DVR software in order to view it, right?  Then i may need to physically change the ip address everytime when i intend to view the CCTV right?

Mind explain more on the software's function?  Thanks.
Dyndns provide the program for you. The link is provided when you make the account.

IP address key'ed to DVR is the IP address (static) that you set into the network. You'll need to do some port forwarding on the router too to divert the traffic from the said IP.

Good luck.
psmalaysia.com
post Jan 19 2009, 12:05 PM

Getting Started
101 posts

IT personnel and CCTV engineer should know how to configure it. I have configure it in the pass few years for home users to big corporation plant. There is one easy and powerful CCTV system, it is so easy that you don't need to configure much on your router or firewall. But price wise is damn expensive. Very reliable card and software.
andyfriends
post Jan 19 2009, 02:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,326 posts

QUOTE(Lucifer96 @ Jan 19 2009, 11:37 AM)
Dyndns provide the program for you. The link is provided when you make the account.
I wounder if you could provide me the link as i din see any at the dyndns.

IP address key'ed to DVR is the IP address (static) that you set into the network. You'll need to do some port forwarding on the router too to divert the traffic from the said IP.

Good luck.
I dont set any ip address into the network. I put it automatically obtain.

Port forwarding? What is that for and what value do i key in?

As for now, once i have obtained the new ip address from the dyndns, and when i key in the ip address to the webpage, i will be able to log into my router setting page. Wonder if this piece of information helps.

Awaiting for your reply.

Thanks.
alll87
post Aug 28 2009, 10:24 AM

1 posts

what if our ISP streamyx block the port 80... i need help!!! i couldnt forward port 80!! and im stucking in dyndns
rich8833
post Aug 28 2009, 10:45 AM

Look at my stars!
2,194 posts

dyndns website:-
http://www.dyndns.com

how to create account :-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_tzQy76Du8

download dyndns updater to your PC:-
http://cdn.dyndns.com/windows/DynUpSetup-4.1.1.exe

port forwarding info:
http://portforward.com/

This post has been edited by rich8833: Aug 28 2009, 10:51 AM
ahseng917
post Dec 13 2011, 08:26 AM

10 posts

Does DvrNet support viewing from IPhone and Android?
SUSyong_lin94
post Dec 13 2011, 11:21 AM

Getting Started
254 posts

try ask uncle google or untie youtube , they myb can give you the best answer thumbup.gif
ahseng917
post Dec 21 2011, 08:29 AM

10 posts

It's not easy to find info about dvrnet software for PC based DVR, maybe due to it is very old model or not that popular. If anyone got the manual for dvrnet software, kindly show me the link. Thanks.
hellzboyz
post Aug 27 2012, 03:08 PM

8 posts

try guna DNSSocial DyDNS
Maximilius
post Aug 28 2012, 01:45 PM

1,499 posts

QUOTE(hellzboyz @ Aug 27 2012, 03:08 PM)
try guna DNSSocial DyDNS
I know you want to promote your DNS and all that. But bumping a thread from 2009 is not the right way, son.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0210sec    0.45    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:53 PM