Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

In Loving Memory of a fellow gamer & a dear friend, Rachel, we are gonna miss you =)

views

TSMuchi
post Nov 14 2008, 10:55 PM, updated 14y ago

18 posts

Dear MOD,

Please keep this thread open till Monday night. Thank you..
-------------

Ok.. how do I start this off.. I can't seem to find any proper words to say all these out. Anyway..

For those who has visited the LBP thread, you should have known about this and for those who are clueless regarding the existence of this thread.. Well, a fellow LYN member, a gamer among us and a dear friend.. has left us because of cancer.

Who is this someone that I am talking about? To start off, most knew her as aphrael around this dark side of the forum, there were also those who knew her and called her Dani, while a lucky few known her by her real name of Rachel.

The news of her 'passing on', came as a very shocking and sad news to alot of us. Tears covered my eyes when I read the news. Someone that I laughed and had fun together with left just like that. Just like what BlueLotus said over the LBP thread, she seems so healthy and lively all this while. And to find out that she had cancer is indeed very shocking.

I don't really know what to say anymore for now.

Everyone, if it's not too much to ask, let's pay her a last respect and pray for her and her family. This is the least we could do for a fellow gamer and a dear friend....

Rest well dani.. *spank*

:'(

-------
To those who could make it to her funeral, please refer to this post by Bhaer.

QUOTE(Bhaer @ Nov 14 2008, 02:57 PM)
Hi guys,

I would like to inform you that Rachel aka aphrael has passed away from cancer. sad.gif

The wake will be at 8pm tonight, Saturday and Sunday in St Ignatius Church, Kelana Jaya. The Funeral is on Monday starting at 2:30 pm in St Francis Xavier.

You can contact 019-2139339 for more details.
If it's possible, for those who are interested maybe we could go over together. I think I will be taking half day leave on Monday.

-------
The thread is slowly fading away but it did make an impact on everyone while it lasted. Hope you are doing well up there. Rest well my friend. We will always remember you in our heart. Goodbye =) - 23/11/08, 11.14pm

This post has been edited by Muchi: Nov 23 2008, 11:15 PM
TSMuchi
post Nov 14 2008, 11:03 PM

18 posts

I finally got a BT headset so I could trash talk with you guys...

I regret not getting a BT earlier when we were playing GTA.. and it's too late now...

Added on November 14, 2008, 11:05 pm@ah_heng - Here you go, http://forum.lowyat.net/user/aphrael

This post has been edited by Muchi: Nov 14 2008, 11:05 PM
TSMuchi
post Nov 14 2008, 11:20 PM

18 posts

I never did ask for her age, touchy question... haha... sigh....
TSMuchi
post Nov 14 2008, 11:36 PM

18 posts

Lol.. so hard to stop the tears..
TSMuchi
post Nov 14 2008, 11:43 PM

18 posts

QUOTE(kobe8byrant @ Nov 14 2008, 11:42 PM)
Anyone have her profile link?
check the 4th post on the 1st page
TSMuchi
post Nov 15 2008, 12:54 AM

18 posts

QUOTE(KoNz3n @ Nov 15 2008, 12:33 AM)
Oh my god.. I can't believe this is actually happening... I'm seriously lost for words now. I was seriously looking forward to playing resistance 2 and lbp with dani... Not only me .. All of us.. Esp those from the GTAIV days... Damn...Really had loads of happy memories with this girl in GTAIV itself. Dani , if you can read this frm heaven , U will be missed alot and will be remembered as one of the most awesome female ps3 kaki i've ever known cry.gif  ..Rest in peace dani... One love... From all of us...

Those were the good old days..
user posted image

user posted image

That was our last summer in gta. It'll never happen again and will never be forgotten.. cry.gif
I still remember the vid, the last time I saw that was when you were leaving. Now it's dani's turn.. but for good.

The very last time I got online with her was during the LBP beta. I laughed so hard that time...
TSMuchi
post Nov 15 2008, 01:12 AM

18 posts

She had Lymphoma.

And a friend of mine just passed away. For sure I am still sad.. don't you think so?
TSMuchi
post Nov 15 2008, 01:29 AM

18 posts

QUOTE(szhafri @ Nov 15 2008, 01:18 AM)
Im sry to hear one of u guys frind passed away......

i may not know her but i understand what it means to lose a good friend.

This give us an even stronger reason to turn our ps3 on to run Life with playstation

i would like to give a suggetion to show respect to her . For today, we shall switch on  life with playstaion

what is "life with PlayStation" u may ask:
By switching it on you will help Stanford University's research on disease such as cancer.
http://www.scei.co.jp/folding/en/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folding@home
Yea, will be turning my PS3 on.

Added on November 15, 2008, 1:31 amThank you to everyone's post so far. I bet she would be happy if she finds out about this... =')

This post has been edited by Muchi: Nov 15 2008, 01:31 AM
TSMuchi
post Nov 15 2008, 01:39 AM

18 posts

Dunno why, Polka reminds me of Dani...
TSMuchi
post Nov 15 2008, 01:44 AM

18 posts

And she still seems so positive despite all that.. sigh
TSMuchi
post Nov 15 2008, 01:56 AM

18 posts

@snipersnake - I won't lol...

This post has been edited by Muchi: Nov 15 2008, 01:58 AM
TSMuchi
post Nov 15 2008, 05:27 PM

18 posts

QUOTE(K-End @ Nov 15 2008, 05:21 PM)
It's kinda hard to find a girl who love Fallout 1 & 2
and for LBP, she's the first person i play coop during the BETA. I had a good time laughing playing the beta...and im sure she also enjoy it as much as i am. Im gonna check back whether my Beta level still in the server...because i put a sticker of her sackgirl & my sackboy in it
My last time playing with her was during the LBP beta.. sigh... had so much fun...

Kei, you free on Monday?
TSMuchi
post Nov 15 2008, 05:37 PM

18 posts

QUOTE(K-End @ Nov 15 2008, 05:27 PM)
God love her more then we do...that why
Yeah....Liberty City to the end!!
i still remember all of us, including her, owned Muchi's butt during GTA4 MP session...we all communicated via VoIP and hunt Muchi down like a rat.

A very precious moment that all of us enjoyed every second of it
Yea, and now when I finally got my BT, she's no longer with us. I regret not getting my BT any sooner... sigh

QUOTE(K-End @ Nov 15 2008, 05:27 PM)
you didnt get my SMS?
yup...not only im free, im on leave that day(seriously...early this month i has a gut feeling i NEED to take a leave this monday). I think i can go to her funeral on monday. Want me to pick you up bro?
Oh yea, too much was on my mind.. completely forgotten. I might be going to work for half day to brief my interns.. I will update you tomorrow.. haiz
TSMuchi
post Nov 15 2008, 08:28 PM

18 posts

Dani would be so happy if she sees this. Thank you again everyone.
TSMuchi
post Nov 15 2008, 09:55 PM

18 posts

Thought of something, whoever owns a copy of MGS4, we should all meet up in a MGO session and take pic together while saluting. For dani.

What you guys and gals think?
TSMuchi
post Nov 15 2008, 09:59 PM

18 posts

Try PM-ming zaviex smile.gif
TSMuchi
post Nov 15 2008, 10:12 PM

18 posts

QUOTE(OmniAtlas @ Nov 15 2008, 10:04 PM)
lol, I remember this game we had with her in the past, found it in one of the old gta iv threads:

--
Muchi Posted on: May 7 2008, 03:09 AM

@impact - I can't sleep, msut work! lol

@danifae - shushhhhhh

@konzen - lol pro... i drove omni into the sea.. and I made dani lost twice

what time you want to take pic?
Good ol' days... sad.gif

Let's schedule it for tomorrow. Need to get in touch with everyone first. You up for it?

Added on November 15, 2008, 10:13 pm
QUOTE(jhcj @ Nov 15 2008, 10:11 PM)
Always saddens me to read of news like this. sad.gif

Thread pinned till Monday, it's the least I can do.
Thank you smile.gif

This post has been edited by Muchi: Nov 15 2008, 10:13 PM
TSMuchi
post Nov 15 2008, 10:38 PM

18 posts

I didn't omni did....
TSMuchi
post Nov 15 2008, 11:27 PM

18 posts

I requested that the thread to be un-pinned because me and a few others felt that people would notice the thread much easier below here.

jhcj, thanks again for everything thumbup.gif
TSMuchi
post Nov 16 2008, 12:21 AM

18 posts

Not much respond on the salute thingy, but I think I will be able to grab a few who knew her for the photo session...

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0211sec    0.17    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 4th December 2022 - 09:50 AM