Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Divx DVD player don't play mp4?

views

TSmarkwht
post Nov 14 2008, 07:33 PM, updated 16y ago

26 posts

I bought phillips DVD player with USB port which is Divx certified. I wanted to watch downloaded movies. Apparently high resolution movies are in mp4 format, but the dvd player doesn't support the video format?! If i convert the mp4 file to .avi, will the quality (both video and audio) be lost?
prasys
post Nov 14 2008, 07:38 PM

Heros Never Die
Group Icon
VIP
12,925 posts

QUOTE(markwht @ Nov 14 2008, 07:33 PM)
I bought phillips DVD player with USB port which is Divx certified. I wanted to watch downloaded movies. Apparently high resolution movies are in mp4 format, but the dvd player doesn't support the video format?! If i convert the mp4 file to .avi, will the quality (both video and audio) be lost?
Of course it would be lost. Not many DVD Players (maybe BluRay) can support MP4 , aka (H.264 codec). You'll have to convert it , if its a HD file then you'll have to use a converter tool to convert it to say uh SD. Sure you'll have to forgo something in order to get the file playable with your DVD Player
azbro
post Nov 14 2008, 10:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,319 posts

Philips player will not support HD stuff for Avi. Only those dvdrip 700mb work (usually 640X 320).

If you really wanna watch clear pictures, I usually download Bluray .mkv files (usually 4.3GB) and burn them to DVD using a software like ConvertXtoDVD. Even the AC3 is still good using that software.

This post has been edited by azbro: Nov 14 2008, 10:14 PM

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0116sec    0.45    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:00 PM