Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Perth, Australia

views

Crys_Crys
post Aug 31 2015, 08:02 AM

**{o_O}**
3,509 posts

QUOTE(sonotme @ Aug 30 2015, 02:28 AM)
hmm.. I believe there is, but I don't remember. try and ask Crys or KV  biggrin.gif
cause you could also visit the other areas nearby there  rolleyes.gif
Swan River is better drive. The whole day I am there i dont really bump into any bus... but swan river is just a very short drive anyway. I started if to Carvenshan Wildlife Park then to the Wine Tasting and Choco Tasting then to Choco Liquer tasting at Providence after that see see vineyard and lastly end the day to swan valley at Alfred Kictchen stuffing a burger and pea&ham soup before head back to my surburb
sonotme
post Aug 31 2015, 02:16 PM

Regular
1,523 posts

what's normally the souvenirs you bring back from perth? fridge magnet? key chains?
all get from fremantle or is there another better place rolleyes.gif
thank you in advance~ thumbup.gif
KVReninem
post Aug 31 2015, 02:20 PM

IX
5,369 posts

QUOTE(sonotme @ Aug 31 2015, 03:46 AM)
what's normally the souvenirs you bring back from perth? fridge magnet? key chains?
all get from fremantle or is there another better place  rolleyes.gif
thank you in advance~  thumbup.gif
vitamins! laugh.gif good paintings and wines.

better place; kings park, Beaufort street arts. Those mean alot more then those small things.

Fremantle too are exceptional.
KVReninem
post Aug 31 2015, 02:21 PM

IX
5,369 posts

QUOTE(Crys_Crys @ Aug 30 2015, 09:32 PM)
Swan River is better drive. The whole day I am there i dont really bump into any bus... but swan river is just a very short drive anyway. I started if to Carvenshan Wildlife Park then to the Wine Tasting and Choco Tasting then to Choco Liquer tasting at Providence after that see see vineyard and lastly end the day to swan valley at Alfred Kictchen stuffing a burger and pea&ham soup before head back to my surburb
alfred kitchen! rclxm9.gif
Crys_Crys
post Aug 31 2015, 06:10 PM

**{o_O}**
3,509 posts

QUOTE(sonotme @ Aug 31 2015, 02:16 PM)
all get from fremantle or is there another better place  rolleyes.gif
thank you in advance~  thumbup.gif
i buy fish oil, some natural soap from Corrynne's, chocolates... but usually souvenirs given to people is the Koala Clips.. it's cheap as you can find like AUD10 for 3packet (36 koala clips) ..

I bought it off the street of Hay Street/Murray Street
Crys_Crys
post Aug 31 2015, 06:12 PM

**{o_O}**
3,509 posts

QUOTE(KVReninem @ Aug 31 2015, 02:21 PM)
alfred kitchen! rclxm9.gif
the burgers n soup is worldly in cold winter night..
CallmeM
post Aug 31 2015, 09:50 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(KVReninem @ Aug 30 2015, 11:33 AM)
Not recommending PT, swan valley better drive.  icon_rolleyes.gif cause the area spread is big like Margaret River.

http://www.experienceperth.com/destinations/swan-valley
Day 1 (Fri) - Kings Park, Murray Street , Fremantle
Day 2 (Sat) - Pinnacles tour
Day 3 (Sunday) - Chittering Valley, Swan Valley, Caversham Wildlife Park, Boatshed, UWA
Day 4 (Mon) - Rottnest Island, Cottesloe Beach
Day 5 (Tues) - Half day morning.

Is this alright? Pinnacles tour we will be following tour. Swan Valley we will be driving for a day. Others we are planning to take PT.
KVReninem
post Aug 31 2015, 10:08 PM

IX
5,369 posts

QUOTE(CallmeM @ Aug 31 2015, 11:20 AM)
Day 1 (Fri) - Murray+hay streeet, Kings Park,Boatshed, UWA, South Perth River
Day 2 (Sat) - Pinnacles tour, Lancelin (lobster shack)
Day 3 (Sunday) - Chittering Valley, Swan Valley, Caversham Wildlife Park (probably need about 3 hours to have all fun)+Alfred Kitchen
Day 4 (Mon) - Rottnest Island((you need atleast a day to go around), Cottesloe Beach, Fremantle (fish and chips)
Day 5 (Tues) - Half day morning.<Northbridge> beer tasting at little creatures.

Is this alright? Pinnacles tour we will be following tour. Swan Valley we will be driving for a day. Others we are planning to take PT.
Edited smile.gif
pinacolada
post Sep 1 2015, 09:25 AM

13 posts

Hi, i'm going to Perth next month and i'm trying to plan my itinerary, would love if the experts can comment icon_question.gif

Friday (arrival 3pm) – Perth CBD
Saturday – Fremantle, Claremont Quarter
Sunday (renting a car) – Caversham Park, Swan Valley, Guildford, Fremantle again, Cottesloe Beach

So far i've only decided until Sunday haha. Monday and Tuesday will plan later but now i kinda have a problem.

I want to rent a car to go to Caversham and explore Swan Valley and Guildford, initially i was planning to go on Monday but i saw that certain shops that i wanted to go to are closed on Monday so i decided to do it all on Sunday.
But i would like to go to Fremantle again on Sunday for the markets just in case i want to buy more stuff and because the markets aren't open on weekdays.

Do you think i have enough time to squeeze it all into a day?
Or should i go to Fremantle Sunday morning then rent the car say at 1pm that afternoon then head straight to Swan Valley, drive down to Guildford and end the day at Cottesloe and go to Caversham on Monday morning before returning the car back at 1pm?

CallmeM
post Sep 1 2015, 11:17 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(pinacolada @ Sep 1 2015, 09:25 AM)
Hi, i'm going to Perth next month and i'm trying to plan my itinerary, would love if the experts can comment  icon_question.gif

Friday (arrival 3pm) – Perth CBD
Saturday – Fremantle, Claremont Quarter
Sunday (renting a car) – Caversham Park, Swan Valley, Guildford, Fremantle again, Cottesloe Beach

So far i've only decided until Sunday haha. Monday and Tuesday will plan later but now i kinda have a problem.

I want to rent a car to go to Caversham and explore Swan Valley and Guildford, initially i was planning to go on Monday but i saw that certain shops that i wanted to go to are closed on Monday so i decided to do it all on Sunday.
But i would like to go to Fremantle again on Sunday for the markets just in case i want to buy more stuff and because the markets aren't open on weekdays.

Or should i go to Fremantle Sunday morning then rent the car say at 1pm that afternoon then head straight to Swan Valley, drive down to Guildford and end the day at Cottesloe and go to Caversham on Monday morning before returning the car back at 1pm?
Hey! Are you taking MAS? It was on promo yesterday.

Btw just wondering what shops are closed on Mon? We are planning to go Swan Valley on Sunday too lol. Have you decided which car rental site to book from? Mind to share some info?

Btw you can consider Pinnacles and Lancelin, but most tours only operate on Thurs/Sat from our quick research. Rottnest Island seems like a must go too tongue.gif
CallmeM
post Sep 1 2015, 11:21 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(KVReninem @ Aug 31 2015, 10:08 PM)
Edited smile.gif
Hey man thanks so much for the info notworthy.gif

Btw i was just wondering if the CAT bus from fremantle to CBD only operates up to 8PM? IF we plan to return to CBD area after that, is cab the only option? It seems that its about half an hour drive. Will it be very expensive to travel?

We have yet to decide whether to stay in Fremantle area on Fri or somewhere near Perth Station since we have to be at Perth Train Station at 830 am on Saturday blink.gif
KVReninem
post Sep 1 2015, 12:34 PM

IX
5,369 posts

QUOTE(pinacolada @ Aug 31 2015, 10:55 PM)
Hi, i'm going to Perth next month and i'm trying to plan my itinerary, would love if the experts can comment  icon_question.gif

Friday (arrival 3pm) – Perth CBD <fremantle>Kings park, boat house...
Saturday – <Fremantle>  Claremont Quarter,[cool.gif Cottesloe Beach

Sunday (renting a car) – Caversham Park, Swan Valley, Guildford, Fremantle again[/B]

<Freo market open from Friday 8-8pm, Saturday, Sun 8-6pm> Most activity happens from 10am till about 3pm. Friday would be good time to go too smile.gif

Edited.
Your coverage days similar to CallmeM but could do more too. smile.gif

QUOTE(CallmeM @ Sep 1 2015, 12:47 AM)

Btw just wondering what shops are closed on Mon? We are planning to go Swan Valley on Sunday too lol. Have you decided which car rental site to book from? Mind to share some info?

Btw you can consider Pinnacles and Lancelin, but most tours only operate on Thurs/Sat from our quick research. Rottnest Island seems like a must go too  tongue.gif
Most shops are open.
Car rental > Aries;NoBird

QUOTE(CallmeM @ Sep 1 2015, 12:51 AM)
Hey man thanks so much for the info  notworthy.gif

Btw i was just wondering if the CAT bus from fremantle to CBD only operates up to 8PM? IF we plan to return to CBD area after that, is cab the only option? It seems that its about half an hour drive. Will it be very expensive to travel?

We have yet to decide whether to stay in Fremantle area on Fri or somewhere near Perth Station since we have to be at Perth Train Station at 830 am on Saturday  blink.gif
There`s a train from Freo <>Perth CBD.

Operating time > http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/Timetables/CAT-Timetables; late hours http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/timetables...-night-services

Much advise you to stay in Perth CBD. smile.gif
pinacolada
post Sep 1 2015, 01:02 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(CallmeM @ Sep 1 2015, 11:17 AM)

Btw you can consider Pinnacles and Lancelin, but most tours only operate on Thurs/Sat from our quick research. Rottnest Island seems like a must go too  tongue.gif
Lol i wanted to go to Mondo Nougat and it's closed on Monday blush.gif but the rest are open tho so it wont be a problem to you if you dont mind skipping this one.

QUOTE(KVReninem @ Sep 1 2015, 12:34 PM)
Edited.
Your coverage days similar to CallmeM but could do more too.  smile.gif
Most shops are open.

Operating time > http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/Timetables/CAT-Timetables; late hours http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/timetables...-night-services

Thank you KVReninem notworthy.gif
Actually i'm not sure if i should spend friday night at the CBD or Freo. Since it's the only day the shop closes late, i thought of spending the night in the CBD.
But where has the most action tho? Should i go to Freo in your opinion?
KVReninem
post Sep 1 2015, 01:05 PM

IX
5,369 posts

QUOTE(pinacolada @ Sep 1 2015, 02:32 AM)
Lol i wanted to go to Mondo Nougat and it's closed on Monday  blush.gif  but the rest are open tho so it wont be a problem to you if you dont mind skipping this one.
Thank you KVReninem  notworthy.gif
Actually i'm not sure if i should spend friday night at the CBD or Freo. Since it's the only day the shop closes late, i thought of spending the night in the CBD.
But where has the most action tho? Should i go to Freo in your opinion?
what kind of action are you looking for? sweat.gif single, couple, family, folks?

there`s multitude of actions and experience both place generate. sweat.gif

usually Perth CBD/Northbridge Friday night will be better place for drinking + etc blush.gif

Fremantle have some but limited smile.gif

This post has been edited by KVReninem: Sep 1 2015, 01:40 PM
pinacolada
post Sep 1 2015, 01:55 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(KVReninem @ Sep 1 2015, 01:05 PM)
what kind of action are you looking for? sweat.gif single, couple, family, folks?

there`s multitude of actions and experience both place generate.  sweat.gif

usually Perth CBD/Northbridge Friday night will be better place for drinking + etc blush.gif

Fremantle have some but limited smile.gif
HAHAHA yeah should have been more specific. Couple.
But anything goes biggrin.gif
KVReninem
post Sep 1 2015, 01:59 PM

IX
5,369 posts

QUOTE(pinacolada @ Sep 1 2015, 03:25 AM)
HAHAHA yeah should have been more specific. Couple.
But anything goes biggrin.gif
http://www.17brightideas.com.au/romantic-t...to-do-in-perth/ biggrin.gif

Fremantle also okay; maybe dine in freo and hangout at perth biggrin.gif
pinacolada
post Sep 1 2015, 02:59 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(KVReninem @ Sep 1 2015, 01:59 PM)
http://www.17brightideas.com.au/romantic-t...to-do-in-perth/ biggrin.gif

Fremantle also okay; maybe dine in freo and hangout at perth  biggrin.gif
Thank youuu
KVReninem
post Sep 1 2015, 03:11 PM

IX
5,369 posts

QUOTE(pinacolada @ Sep 1 2015, 04:29 AM)
Thank youuu
welcome. Have fun smile.gif
CallmeM
post Sep 1 2015, 04:19 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(KVReninem @ Sep 1 2015, 12:34 PM)
Edited.
Your coverage days similar to CallmeM but could do more too.  smile.gif
Most shops are open.

Thanks KVR. From the table, i notice the last timing for the train to depart everyday is 11.30PM? Correct me if i am wrong, having a little difficulty in understanding the timetable. So many different lines rclxub.gif And to reach Adelaide Terrace, should be the Yellow CAT?

Btw is it better to shop for souvenirs at E Shed Market?

The car rental companies mostly require us to return around 3PM. Guess we will have to be quick with Swan Valley. Have you been to Chittering Valley? Worth going?

This post has been edited by CallmeM: Sep 1 2015, 04:21 PM
KVReninem
post Sep 1 2015, 05:11 PM

IX
5,369 posts

QUOTE(CallmeM @ Sep 1 2015, 05:49 AM)
Thanks KVR. From the table, i notice the last timing for the train to depart everyday is 11.30PM?  Correct me if i am wrong, having a little difficulty in understanding the timetable. So many different lines  rclxub.gif And to reach Adelaide Terrace, should be the Yellow CAT?

Btw is it better to shop for souvenirs at E Shed Market?

The car rental companies mostly require us to return around 3PM. Guess we will have to be quick with Swan Valley. Have you been to Chittering Valley? Worth going?
Apologize about the confusion. That is the late night train at 1130 pm' in case you missed your train back to perth CBD. And Fremantle usually gets quiet around 830+ like every other WA town laugh.gif

If you are going fremantle. Look for Perth Station > Fremantle line.

it depends what kind of souvenirs you are after. Like cheap one with meaningless value or ? sweat.gif
Nope. i have not. Would rather be for Avon Valley this spring smile.gif pretty things around. sweat.gif

111 Pages « < 48 49 50 51 52 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0279sec    0.26    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:13 PM