Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Best place to go for holiday during CNY?

views

Traveler
post Nov 26 2008, 04:02 PM

Mad HD and SSD Collector
Group Icon
Elite
811 posts

QUOTE(tong1774 @ Nov 26 2008, 03:17 PM)
Thanks for all the feedback. Will scout for hotels at Kata & Karon area. May be will try to book from Air Asia, seems cheaper than i book directly with the hotel. But problem is how do i book a twin beds room with an extra bed since there are 5 of us. Can not find this option with Air Asia GoHoliday.
Another way to see tourist reviews of hotels is tripadvisor.com; I found the Old Phuket on tripadvisor that way, and based on the favourable reviews, I searched and found the Old Phuket official website. However, when I tried to book directly, they told me hotel was fully booked, so I eventually used another site and managed to get a room anyway. Can't remember the name of the hotel booking site though.
rourou
post Nov 26 2008, 04:11 PM

Ho~ Ho~ Ho~
975 posts

support local destination laugh.gif

i'm going to cameron highland this year...... just wanna relax a bit biggrin.gif
TStong1774
post Nov 26 2008, 04:39 PM

Regular
1,065 posts

During CNY, the road going up to Cameron will be very jam. trust me.
jojo_g2
post Nov 26 2008, 05:19 PM

Getting Started
244 posts

QUOTE(rourou @ Nov 26 2008, 04:11 PM)
support local destination laugh.gif

i'm going to cameron highland this year...... just wanna relax a bit biggrin.gif
i hear there's actually lots of people heading there on CNY.... flowers blooming or something like that...
Putraskyline
post Nov 26 2008, 05:43 PM

Non-Regular
Group Icon
Elite
1,269 posts

QUOTE(tong1774 @ Nov 26 2008, 04:39 PM)
During CNY, the road going up to Cameron will be very jam. trust me.
True, last year I'm going there. It takes me 3 hours from Bkt Raja to CHR.
mylo30
post Nov 26 2008, 05:57 PM

On my way
546 posts

QUOTE(tong1774 @ Nov 13 2008, 11:40 AM)
My family and i are planing to skip the chinese new year festive fever and go for holiday. However due to past experience of going to china during CNY, we would like to avoid going to any chinese country during that period of time. We were either going to Thainland, Indonesia or just within Malaysia. Would like to hear your opinion on different destination.

3) Malaysia: Basically we been to almost all tourist attractions in West Malaysia. At first my father suggest to go to Penang since he havent been there for quite sometimes. But due to the heavy traffic on the way to Penang and in Penang island itself, i do not really kine to go there during CNY, and if possible even try to avoid driving up north During that time. So any other interesting, but not well known places that you would recomment?
I found a resourceful website about places of interest in Penang. Over 280++ places with interesting reviews.

http://www.penang-traveltips.com/

You and your family may want to revisit Penang.
TStong1774
post Nov 26 2008, 06:05 PM

Regular
1,065 posts

QUOTE(mylo30 @ Nov 26 2008, 05:57 PM)
I found a resourceful website about places of interest in Penang. Over 280++ places with interesting reviews.

http://www.penang-traveltips.com/

You and your family may want to revisit Penang.
Thanks for the info, but after asking my friends who is from Penang, all of them do not encourage me to go Penang during CNY. Even if i talk a plane there, the traffic with Penang itself is very bad.
andrekua
post Nov 26 2008, 07:21 PM

NO!!! IT'S HIM!!!
3,887 posts

I tot you say your budget is RM3k per person? Deduct to RM1.5k liao??
TStong1774
post Nov 26 2008, 08:46 PM

Regular
1,065 posts

Sorry i don't remember i say Rm3000 per person though... i said Rm1500 right from the first post. Its ok bro...

This post has been edited by tong1774: Nov 26 2008, 09:05 PM
Nic87_Lowyat
post Dec 3 2009, 02:25 PM

46 posts

Halo everyone ... icon_question.gif
Just need some help here ....
I would like to go travel on this coming CNY rclxm9.gif ...
But really dunno where to go ??? cry.gif cry.gif
The last few years i go Pulau Pangkok (2007), Langkawi & Penang (2008 & 2009) ... rclxms.gif
but 2010 any suggestion for me ????

Budget = Around rm500 - rm600

Interested place =
*Bali ( Outstation ) it is expensive ??
*Pulau Tioman ( It is Nice ??? )
* Bukit tinggi ( But dunno how to go from KL ... )

Any suggestion ???

Or u can recommend some nice place (but dun cost expensive) to me ???

Help !!!!!!!!!!!! icon_question.gif

This post has been edited by Nic87_Lowyat: Dec 3 2009, 02:35 PM
lalakiki
post Dec 3 2009, 02:27 PM

Casual
451 posts

Bro... Bali sure expensive... But the place is really nice
Nic87_Lowyat
post Dec 3 2009, 02:33 PM

46 posts

QUOTE(lalakiki @ Dec 3 2009, 02:27 PM)
Bro... Bali sure expensive... But the place is really nice
U go before ??? sweat.gif sweat.gif
How much cost you for the whole trip ????? icon_question.gif
Anyway, Thanks for remind me ... rclxms.gif
stimix
post Dec 3 2009, 02:47 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

Topic merged for more suggested choices & reduced duplication.

BTW, Tioman still closed in Feb.
bkt Tinggi....Follow signboard to kuantan..not far after Genting

Bali check existing Bali thread.

Anyway, right now it's abit late to book for CNY...should hv book during AA/MAS promotions. Airfare during that time will be sky rocketted by now & even promotional rate will not be really cheap either.

Return air ticket to Bali if u book now..the cheapest ~RM900 to RM1200 per pax..excluding ground arrangement...U probably need to add RM500/pax in addition to the ticket.

Normally during CNY, I will balik kg first & took the oppotunity to drive in to Thailand...Hatyai, Songkla or krabi...This year thinking of drive in to Betung, Markas PKM Thailand..haha

This post has been edited by stimix: Dec 3 2009, 02:49 PM
Nic87_Lowyat
post Dec 3 2009, 02:53 PM

46 posts

QUOTE(stimix @ Dec 3 2009, 02:47 PM)
Topic merged for more suggested choices & reduced duplication.

BTW, Tioman still closed in Feb.
bkt Tinggi....Follow signboard to kuantan..not far after Genting

Bali check existing Bali thread.

Anyway, right now it's abit late to book for CNY...should hv book during AA/MAS promotions. Airfare during that time will be sky rocketted by now & even promotional rate will not be really cheap either.

Return air ticket to Bali if u book now..the cheapest ~RM900 to RM1200 per pax..excluding ground arrangement...U probably need to add RM500/pax in addition to the ticket.

Normally during CNY, I will balik kg first & took the oppotunity to drive in to Thailand...Hatyai, Songkla or krabi...This year thinking of drive in to Betung, Markas PKM Thailand..haha
Sorry, didnt saw ur topic ya ..

Btw, where is more suitable for me ?? budget = rm500 - 600
Bkt tinggi u think still got hotel to booking ???
u think how much ??
stimix
post Dec 3 2009, 03:02 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

Ahemmm..Bkt Tinggi..by the look & the lousy hot weather during afternoon, Dun feel like going there anymore...been there twice..but just day trip...Afternoon weather is hotter than Awana hor..

At that budget...be more adventorous..drive in to Thailand...budget RM150/room/day & petrol/toll from KL to let say krabi ~ RM500/car. 3D2n at krabi & probably a day each stop at Penang...just nice...for that budget of RM600/pax
SUSbuntutman
post Dec 3 2009, 03:11 PM

Casual
324 posts

morib !
Felice821
post Oct 25 2014, 07:16 PM

Enthusiast
973 posts

Bringing up this thread.

Planned to go holiday with family of 6 includes elderly. Which place is worth to go. Last year we went Sydney, my parents said no long haul anymore. smile.gif

Initially was thinking HK, China or Taiwan. But all this place majority is Chinese population, so I believe the price will be cutting throat or most of the shop will close.

So what comes into my mind was:-

1. Bandung
2. Bali
3. Bangkok

Any other that you guys think of that can suggest?

geolee76
post Dec 25 2017, 03:20 PM

On my way
533 posts

QUOTE(Felice821 @ Oct 25 2014, 07:16 PM)
Bringing up this thread.

Planned to go holiday with family of 6 includes elderly. Which place is worth to go. Last year we went Sydney, my parents said no long haul anymore. smile.gif

Initially was thinking HK, China or Taiwan. But all this place majority is Chinese population, so I believe the price will be cutting throat or most of the shop will close.

So what comes into my mind was:-

1. Bandung
2. Bali
3. Bangkok

Any other that you guys think of that can suggest?
wth kids, definitely bangkok. the rest bored like hell
ItPro121
post Apr 15 2019, 02:40 PM

20 posts

Why do you consider only Asian countries? Pay attention to Europe. I was recently in Russia. This is a beautiful country where cool people live. Read about sights: https://russiavoyager.com/what-should-i-see-in-russia/
touristking
post Apr 15 2019, 02:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,450 posts

QUOTE(tong1774 @ Nov 13 2008, 04:40 AM)
My family and i are planing to skip the chinese new year festive fever and go for holiday. However due to past experience of going to china during CNY, we would like to avoid going to any chinese country during that period of time. We were either going to Thainland, Indonesia or just within Malaysia. Would like to hear your opinion on different destination.

1) Thailand: Basically we had been to Hatyai, Songkhla, Bangkok, Samoi, Phuket, Cheng Mai, Pataya. Among all we like Phuket the most. Any other places like that in Thailand beside Phuket?

2) Indonesia: We only been to Bali. Dont plan to go Jakarta as there is nothing much to see there. So any other interesting place in Indonesia?

3) Malaysia: Basically we been to almost all tourist attractions in West Malaysia. At first my father suggest to go to Penang since he havent been there for quite sometimes. But due to the heavy traffic on the way to Penang and in Penang island itself, i do not really kine to go there during CNY, and if possible even try to avoid driving up north During that time. So any other interesting, but not well known places that you would recomment?

4) Singapore: May sound stupid to go to Singapore during this time, but could be a good decision. But i am not sure about the traffic and also if there will a lot of shop closing for CNY. Anyone experieced CNY in Singapore?

5) Other closeby Asian country: If there is any interesting places beside Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos (My dad been there few times) Plese advise.

We will be going in 5 people, and my parent are too old to do all those moutain climbing or bunchy jumping and other extreme stuff, so my choice here are limited. Oh and budget try to stay within RM1500 per person including air flight and hotel, for at least 4 days. I know its hard, but got budget limits here.  biggrin.gif
BTW, if you have a good travel agency to recomment, or you are an agent yourself, plese drop me a PM. Thanks.
General rule is, during CNY, don't go to places with lots of Chinese. During Christmas, don't go to places with lots of Christian like Manila for example.

Have a look at Myanmar. Shwedagon Pagoda is a sight to behold. Never seen 50 tons of gold before.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0189sec    0.55    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:25 PM