Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Mattress, which brand to go for? Household

views

iamsobloodysick
post May 3 2015, 12:02 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,006 posts

QUOTE(merlene @ May 2 2015, 06:23 PM)
I just bought a Dunlopillo Princeton with divan and the other freebies like mattress protector, 2 pillows, 2 bolster, and 2 more cheapo down pillow for RM4,600 at Homedec KLCC.

Was told this is fully imported. But when I came home and do online checking, I can't seems to find this mattress series anywhere!!! Did I get conned? Is this price reasonable?
Getting mattresses from exhibition only have 2 outcomes :

A) good deal with cheap spec mattress

b) good deal with overpaid price.

You have made the purchase so surely you find it a good deal.

Dunlopillo is made in Vietnam. So it is no wrong to say "fully imported". Somehow if they say "imported from Europe", this is a beautiful lie.

Seller at exhibition is smart, if the model is available else where, they make no sales during the expo period.
Chigme
post May 3 2015, 01:41 PM

Enthusiast
700 posts

Washington mattress offer from Lady Americana at HomeDec. Buy one Queen size mattress at RM4000 then choose the one of the same for free : King mattress or Queen mattress or selected bed frame. The Washington is marketed that is is suitable for people who like firm bed. It has latex on top and spring below. I try the mattress, so so firm only, not to my liking.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
NelsonBoy
post May 3 2015, 08:32 PM

l Audio Paradise l
1,120 posts

QUOTE(Chigme @ May 3 2015, 01:41 PM)
Washington mattress offer from Lady Americana at HomeDec. Buy one Queen size mattress at RM4000 then choose the one of the same for free  : King mattress or Queen mattress or selected bed frame.  The Washington is marketed that is is suitable for people who like firm bed. It has latex on top and spring below. I try the mattress, so so firm only, not to my liking.
im having lady americana. been 3 years.

super nice i would say. not too soft, not too hard. u just feel comfortable all day long. and you can just not waking up!
Jason
post May 4 2015, 12:24 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,846 posts

QUOTE(iamsobloodysick @ May 2 2015, 09:50 AM)
OEM mattress.
rclxms.gif thanks for the info

QUOTE(iamsobloodysick @ May 3 2015, 12:02 AM)

Dunlopillo is made in Vietnam. So it is no wrong to say "fully imported". Somehow if they say "imported from Europe", this is a beautiful lie.

Seller at exhibition is smart, if the model is available else where, they make no sales during the expo period.
With one exception... if the deal is done by the manufacturer/exclusive distributor and not a dealer. e.g. Simmons, in exhibition its by the sole distributor themselves and not a dealer.

To pick your brain, which is the cheapest 100% natural latex queen bed in the market now? I saw one, Englander Orlando by Courts, RM1099..but not sure if its natural all recycled (used condoms? lol) latex.
Chigme
post May 4 2015, 12:34 PM

Enthusiast
700 posts

QUOTE(NelsonBoy @ May 3 2015, 08:32 PM)
im having lady americana. been 3 years.

super nice i would say. not too soft, not too hard. u just feel comfortable all day long. and you can just not waking up!
Very comfortable should be the higher end range priced RM10k+ .
merlene
post May 4 2015, 12:48 PM

9 posts

I was going for Royal Executive Lux originally. They were offering at 5k at best. Was thinking of saving some $$$ coz over budget during renovation. Yeah, the deal "sounds" good as they say divan is casa leather and not PU and can have up to 4 drawers without additional charges. Now, need to verify if this Princeton is really from Dunlopillo official series ... I heard there is no "housebrand" for Dunlopillo mattress as compared to many other brands.

Aiks ... now I kinda regretted and thinking if I should have change to Royal Executive Lux with the additional 400 difference!
merlene
post May 4 2015, 12:51 PM

9 posts

I was going for Royal Executive Lux originally. They were offering at 5k at best. Was thinking of saving some $$$ coz over budget during renovation. Yeah, the deal "sounds" good as they say divan is casa leather and not PU and can have up to 4 drawers without additional charges. Now, need to verify if this Princeton is really from Dunlopillo official series ... I heard there is no "housebrand" for Dunlopillo mattress as compared to many other brands.

Aiks ... now I kinda regretted and thinking if I should have change to Royal Executive Lux with the additional 400 difference!
merlene
post May 4 2015, 12:54 PM

9 posts

QUOTE(Jason @ May 2 2015, 11:24 PM)
Imported from Indonesia is also import.... Hahahaha. If it's real Dunlopillow it should be okay lah but I don't think it's a deal.
True! That's why I got flustered when I couldn't find this Princeton online. Apparently they say it was newly launched this year that's why it is not in the website and it is limited edition. Not sure how true. I am waiting for tomorrow to call Dunlopillo and ask.
merlene
post May 4 2015, 12:55 PM

9 posts

QUOTE(steventan85 @ May 2 2015, 10:56 PM)
U should have identify the model u want before u buy it  laugh.gif
I was aware of other brands that comes with "housebrand" products. And I was told Dunlopillo do not sell housebrand. So, totally caught offguard =.=
iamsobloodysick
post May 4 2015, 01:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,006 posts

QUOTE(merlene @ May 4 2015, 12:51 PM)

dunlopillo has housebrand for some dealers to sell.

those housebrand during "dunlopillo" sales in PJ is average 2k-3k for king size without warranty.

MxO, MyxxxHaus punya housebrand mattress are widely available during the dunlopillo warehouse sales.
iamsobloodysick
post May 4 2015, 01:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,006 posts

QUOTE(merlene @ May 4 2015, 12:54 PM)
True! That's why I got flustered when I couldn't find this Princeton online. Apparently they say it was newly launched this year that's why it is not in the website and it is limited edition. Not sure how true. I am waiting for tomorrow to call Dunlopillo and ask.
new model or special edition or limited edition...the real fact is "housebrand of that particular dealer"

This post has been edited by iamsobloodysick: May 4 2015, 01:28 PM
iamsobloodysick
post May 4 2015, 01:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,006 posts

QUOTE(merlene @ May 4 2015, 12:48 PM)

5k for king size + divan is absolute good bargain.

5k for king size without divan is....erm "good deal" and outside is less than 4k for king without freebies.

1k+ extra for the freebies depends whether u ok or not ok.
merlene
post May 5 2015, 06:46 PM

9 posts

QUOTE(iamsobloodysick @ May 4 2015, 01:34 PM)

5k for king size without divan is....erm "good deal" and outside is less than 4k for king without freebies.

Errmm... I am talking about Queen size here. I didn't know Dunlopillo has housebrand! I totally told them that I do not want housebrand mattress and I wanted an official series so I know I am getting what I am supposed to get. In this case, for Dunlopillo, how do we differentiate housebrand or not? I went to MFO again and they told me, Dunlopillo has acknowledge it is original manufactured by Dunlopillo and not housebrand @@.

Honestly, what I am not happy about is that if it is housebrand, why say it is not housebrand. I went to few shops and they were honest enough to tell me that xxx is housebrand mattrerss and I also noticed that housebrand mattresses are cheaper that official series. To think that I fell for another "housebrand trick!" argghhh.....

This post has been edited by merlene: May 5 2015, 06:51 PM
steventan85
post May 6 2015, 10:52 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,387 posts

QUOTE(merlene @ May 5 2015, 06:46 PM)
Errmm... I am talking about Queen size here. I didn't know Dunlopillo has housebrand! I totally told them that I do not want housebrand mattress and I wanted an official series so I know I am getting what I am supposed to get. In this case, for Dunlopillo, how do we differentiate housebrand or not? I went to MFO again and they told me, Dunlopillo has acknowledge it is original manufactured by Dunlopillo and not housebrand @@.

Honestly, what I am not happy about is that if it is housebrand, why say it is not housebrand. I went to few shops and they were honest enough to tell me that xxx is housebrand mattrerss and I also noticed that housebrand mattresses are cheaper that official series. To think that I fell for another "housebrand trick!" argghhh.....
MFO is basically cannot trust ....go to mattress manufacturer website and check the model , before buy it .. this is wat i done previously ... i dont trust any sales person until i saw the exact same mattress in front of me...every brand have housebrand icon_rolleyes.gif
merlene
post May 6 2015, 01:15 PM

9 posts

QUOTE(iamsobloodysick @ May 4 2015, 01:18 PM)
dunlopillo has housebrand for some dealers to sell.

those housebrand during "dunlopillo" sales in PJ is average 2k-3k for king size without warranty.

MxO, MyxxxHaus punya housebrand mattress are widely available during the dunlopillo warehouse sales.
I just called Dunlopillo sales person Eddie. He told me that as far as he knows, this Princeton is not housebrand but if I want something similar, he can recommend me others.

Website is not updated as it is a newly launched product. They will update the website once they are ready. When I ask when they will update the website, he says it is up to the marketing team to decide when it will be done @@

When I asked for any papers/ brochures to support his claim, he says he doesn't have anything for me. He says to ask from MFO who sold me the mattress. When I said MFO do not have any and ask me to ask from him, then he say all the brochures and flyers are still in the process, so no papers.

I even went to MFO HQ to ask again and the sales girl told me this is only sold by big retailers like MFO ... I thought definition of housebrand means it is something that is being sold exclusively by certain retailers?

On top of that, the girl in MFO HQ told me the spring in Princeton is not 5 zone pocketed spring which is what Royal Exec is using, while the girl who sold me Princeton used this as a selling point for her mattress. This is the main reason why I asked if Dunlopillo have any papers to show for the mattress composition...end up they don't have it!

Seriously, MFO doesn't seems to know what they are selling .... that or ... they are trying to use tricks to make their sale! And Dunlopillo seems to condone their way of work!

merlene
post May 6 2015, 01:28 PM

9 posts

QUOTE(iamsobloodysick @ May 4 2015, 01:34 PM)

To think that they said, pay for mattress and get Divan for free =.=.
iamsobloodysick
post May 6 2015, 02:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,006 posts

QUOTE(merlene @ May 6 2015, 01:15 PM)
I just called Dunlopillo sales person Eddie. He told me that as far as he knows, this Princeton is not housebrand but if I want something similar, he can recommend me others.

Website is not updated as it is a newly launched product. They will update the website once they are ready. When I ask when they will update the website, he says it is up to the marketing team to decide when it will be done @@

When I asked for any papers/ brochures to support his claim, he says he doesn't have anything for me. He says to ask from MFO who sold me the mattress. When I said MFO do not have any and ask me to ask from him, then he say all the brochures and flyers are still in the process, so no papers.

I even went to MFO HQ to ask again and the sales girl told me this is only sold by big retailers like MFO ... I thought definition of housebrand means it is something that is being sold exclusively by certain retailers?

On top of that, the girl in MFO HQ told me the spring in Princeton is not 5 zone pocketed spring which is what Royal Exec is using, while the girl who sold me Princeton used this as a selling point for her mattress. This is the main reason why I asked if Dunlopillo have any papers to show for the mattress composition...end up they don't have it!

Seriously, MFO doesn't seems to know what they are selling .... that or ... they are trying to use tricks to make their sale! And Dunlopillo seems to condone their way of work!
erm, none of the party (dunlopillo or MFO) can produce the brochure of Princeton for you. it is a housebrand, nothing much you can do about it.

this situation happens in HN as well. mattresses display at showroom is specifically "tailor-made" aka housebrand or being a selected dealer. their money-making housebrand mattress is 3times / 4 times higher price that you can buy outside with same spec but different label.

This post has been edited by iamsobloodysick: May 6 2015, 02:22 PM
steventan85
post May 6 2015, 02:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,387 posts

QUOTE(merlene @ May 6 2015, 01:15 PM)

damage done. only to blame urself to visit MFO at the 1st place..LoL... they are not normal mattress seller....
fuzzy
post May 6 2015, 05:09 PM

*pew pew pew*
6,659 posts

What is the difference between Getha's Transforme 360 Harmony and Transfrome 360 Harmony Icon?

Was told by Crown that Harmony is no longer available so they giving us Icon..
Str33tBoY
post May 6 2015, 07:19 PM

Regular
1,873 posts

Anione using dunlopillo daisy here?
Wana ask dat top layerd is made from 100% natural latex anot?
Got a very gd offer,and plan to get dis mattress in dis 2 days...

384 Pages « < 175 176 177 178 179 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0186sec    0.59    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:43 AM