Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Mind boogling Mr. Pinchy first time catch

Moogle Stiltzkin
post Nov 7 2008, 10:09 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

I caught Mr. Pinchy with 375 fishing skill, +20 Seth's Graphite Fishing Pole, fishing boots +5 and +100 Sharpened Fish Hooks. I also used the walk on water reward item from Barlow's fishing dailies.

It took me 3 attempts before i found my first ever Mr. Pinchy.

My first time was 1 day last week when i spent around 20 minutes just to test how to catch Mr. Pinchy. Found out from Els Anglin website you fish it from Highland Mixed School pools in 3 lakes in Terokkar forest which are only reachable by flying.

My 2nd attempt was this week a few days back. I tried for another 20 minutes before i gave up.

And on my 3rd attempt around 1am today, i finally caught it ! At the time on Kalecgos, not many people want to raid at that time, so i got bored and just went to try my luck with Mr. Pinchy. I went to the first lake ( Lake Jorune ) near the horde base, and failed. I then went to the middle lake ( Lake Ere'Noru ) and tried the first pool, then 2nd, and on the 3rd pool i caught it ! I wasn't expecting to catch it at all. My loot was on auto loot when suddenly it popped up the message do you want to bind on pick ? So i hover mouse over this crawdad, and what did you know, it was Mr. Pinchy !!

I was double checking to be sure cause i couldn't believe i caught it biggrin.gif i was thinking about how it would be awesome to get it when poof i caught it !

So anyway, for my first ever Mr. Pinchy, i used it my first time and i got the magical crawdad box pet shocking.gif

I blinked a few times after the shock of having such awesome luck. Caught a 1/1000 fish chance out of a highland pool no less, and got a 1/5 chance of getting the permanent pet on my first use of Mr. Pinchy ..... totally ownage cool.gif

Since i got my Master Angler achievement and finally the fishing my way to magical crawdad, i will be working toward my other fishing achievements to get my Salty title =^-^=;

So far i have Jenkins, Justicar, and Guardian of Cenarius titles.

my good wow friend Sadcap also has the crawdad magical box pet He caught his from Skettis Lake which is probably the most annoying since you got to kill mobs there nod.gif so we will be starting a lobster farm brows.gif

For more info abour Mr. Pinchy refer to this site

http://www.wowwiki.com/Mr._Pinchy

This post has been edited by Moogle Stiltzkin: Nov 7 2008, 11:52 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mindcry
post Nov 7 2008, 10:26 AM

Group: Junior Member

whats mr pinchy, are u a hunter ,what does the pet do?
+Quote Post
Moogle Stiltzkin
post Nov 7 2008, 11:04 AM

Look at all my stars!!

Mr. Pinchy is probably the most rarest pet in the game. You can only get it if you have a high fishing skill of 375 combined with lures ( i used fishing hook to add 100 fishing skill, and combine with my other fishing gear i had more then 475 fishing skill ).

You also need a flying mount to reach the pools in Terokkar to be able to fish Mr. Pinchy, or you can get friends to summon you.

It's just a non combat pet prized for it's rarity, good looks, and is considered the best fishing achievement prize besides the stranglethorn fishing event in booty bay, and is the epitome for an extreme angler doh.gif

Actually Mr. Pincy is an item that has a Cooldown: 2 day and has Charges: 3 (Expendable).

Mr. Pinchy has a 0.2% drop rate on successful casts (about 2 out of 1000 or 1 in 500 casts) so be prepared to spend alot of time. I was fortunate enough to get it by only spending 3 days with a maximum of 20 minutes attempting to get it. Others have spent weeks and months without ever finding it doh.gif If you go around your server, not many people will have it.

By the way. the games max fishing skill limit is 537 Fishing
http://thottbot.com/i34832

Upon Catching you will get one of the following results (listed in what seems to be the most common results first)

1 - Mr. Pinchy's Gift, contains 4-5 Super Healing, and 4-5 Super Mana potions, this seems to be the most common result of his wishes.
2 - Mr. Pinchy's Blessing, 2-hour 1200hp buff that persists through death!
3 - Furious Mr. Pinchy, Lvl 70 non elite that attacks you and your party, is not lootable.
4 - Benevolent Mr. Pinchy, Lvl 70 Guardian that assists you for 10 minutes
5 - Magical Crawdad Box, summons a Magical Crawdad non-combat pet, very rare
considering such a low drop rate on Mr. Pinchy to begin with, and then only 3 chances to get this box. Otherwise, time to try to get Mr. Pinchy again for another 3 chances!

Anyway my biggest obstacle now is getting the Master Angler fishing competition championship for my 2nd time, to get the fishing rod. I will make the best attempt this weekend. I'll try get my friends and guild to help which was how i got my first win in the first place.

Mindcry - I'm actually a female hume pally on Kalecgos pvp server nod.gif

Mr. Pinchy is homage to Pinchy from an episode of The Simpsons named "Lisa Gets an "A"". However, Pinchy dies when Homer gives him a hot bath. Homer is so devastated but he ends up eating Mr. Pinchy. It was so hilarious laugh.gif

Added on November 7, 2008, 11:26 amHm found out some extra info

Anyway, I know a lot of people think that this is a reference to Homer Simpson's Mr. Pincy, however, after watching an episode of Johnny Bravo I think the reference is only in name.

Johnny Bravo episode called Claws.
At the start, a fish monger gets a batch of lobsters to sell, however one is intent on escaping. After being threatened by the monger the lobster exclaims "You gotta catch me first!"
Then Johnny turns up wanting 'Fishticks' (made from Golden Darters also caught in Terokkar). The monger, wanting rid of this rogue lobster gives it to Johnny for free.
When trying to throw the lobster into boiling water it resists saying to Johnny that he would give him 3 wishes if he didn't kill him. Throughout the rest of the episode Johnny and the lobster continue to fight. At one point Johnny is lying at the bottom of the stairs and when he sees the lobster about to throw a wardrobe (yes suspend your disbelief!) at him he says "This is gonna pinch!"
Funny episode actually! Brings a smile to my face when I see the Mr. Pinchy references biggrin.gif

Good luck to all on catching too!
I think i saw that episode last time.

Anyway some poor guy had some misfortune when he fished it up.

As most of us know, fishing can get extremely boring. Whether you're catching food for cooking or skill-levelling, you inevitably get into a hazy routine of cast, loot, cast, loot, cast, loot...

So I was in such a routine yesterday. Cast, loot, cast, loot, cast, loot.. Suddenly I got Mr. Pinchy: "Looting this item will bind it to you. Okay?" Cast... NOOOOO!

The habitual cast cancelled the loot, so Mr. Pinchy was gone.
So a warning if you're in a cast, loot, cast, loot routine, your mind is wandering and you're not really thinking of the fishing: you may just be robbed of Mr. Pinchy if you don't stay alert.

Good thing the binp on pick message popped up so i was in shock so i didn't recast or anything till i checked what i had caught to prompt such as message nod.gif I use auto loot, but whenever you get an important message, never ever recast till you select accept loot items first.

In the lich king, catching mr.Pinchy is an achievement, u will get 10 achievement points for it.

there are also achievements 2 get several non-combat pets. there u can use mr.pinchy also for :-)

There are some cool Mr Pincy fan made remix songs to get you in the mood to catch Mr. Pinchy. I'm gonna broadcast on my guild vent for fun cool.gif

http://www.mrpinchy.com/mixes.html

This post has been edited by Moogle Stiltzkin: Nov 7 2008, 11:46 AM
+Quote Post
wanderman
post Nov 7 2008, 11:47 AM

Getting Started

hmm... time for lobstering!.... here i come...DUN RUN!... lol
+Quote Post
Kusa
post Nov 7 2008, 11:52 AM

Team XOD

i was lvling my fishing in org when the 'bind on loot' window popped up, it was 'Old Crafty' but i went auto-cast and boom! no more old craft sad.gif

has been fishing for 2 hours a day everyday since but no craft sad.gif
+Quote Post
Moogle Stiltzkin
post Nov 7 2008, 12:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Kusa - thats one crafty fish biggrin.gif

Auto cast ? You mean like a fish bot biggrin.gif "?

For me i set to auto loot but i manually cast myself and click on fishing bloppers. I don't have any fishing mods installed, only the mod to switch between my tank and fish gear.

I used the find fish skill which i found from the weathered old book in a curious crate.
+Quote Post
Kusa
post Nov 7 2008, 12:35 PM

Team XOD

haha actually when i say auto-cast i meant i have auto-loot and automatically re-cast whenever i fish up anything

and yea i have find fish also.
+Quote Post
Moogle Stiltzkin
post Nov 7 2008, 12:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Oh do you mean a macro to 1 click only for cast and loot then it auto recast ?

That sounds dangerous biggrin.gif

If you do auto recast, will it land perfectly in the pool ? Or will you still need to recast until it gets into the pool ?

Added on November 7, 2008, 1:24 pmI saw an article by Wow Insider showing how you can easily get 5 fishing achievements without worrying for rare fishing loot.

http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/10/17/earn-...evements-today/

I'm going to try this when i get back home tonight after watching the Daniel Craig's James Bond film, and eating out for crab for my moms birthday party =^-^=; hehe.

This post has been edited by Moogle Stiltzkin: Nov 7 2008, 01:24 PM
+Quote Post
Aggroboy
post Nov 7 2008, 02:45 PM

On my way

I fished up Mister Pinchy twice already. It's not really a pet. laugh.gif
+Quote Post
HellJoker
post Nov 7 2008, 03:00 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Aggroboy @ Nov 7 2008, 02:45 PM)
I fished up Mister Pinchy twice already. It's not really a pet. laugh.gif
it gives u random things, one of them is the rare pet TS mention
+Quote Post
Aggroboy
post Nov 7 2008, 03:07 PM

On my way

Oh like that he's quite lucky. shocking.gif

4/6 times it summoned an angry crab to attack me
+Quote Post
Moogle Stiltzkin
post Nov 7 2008, 03:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!

3rd day attempt ( spent 20 minutes per day for attempts. Total time spent overall looking for Pinchy is 1 hour worth of time flex.gif )

1st pinchy catch

1st pinchy item usage got crawdad box.

biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Moogle Stiltzkin: Nov 7 2008, 03:22 PM
+Quote Post
Tunn
post Nov 7 2008, 11:41 PM

The SadPanda

congrats, you are very lucky person. I've caught him many times but get the damn pet.
+Quote Post
Falk
post Nov 8 2008, 03:04 PM

Group: New Member

I've got Crafty and Ironjaw so far; waiting for One that Didn't Get Away and Pinchy.

P.S. fishing achievements make people go bald.

IRL.
+Quote Post
Jas2davir
post Nov 8 2008, 07:25 PM

Getting Started

its not that RARE as every 1 says it is. the most rarest pet would be the Diablo angel pet now that is rare. or the imp in the glass ball.
+Quote Post
Chalcedony
post Nov 10 2008, 10:16 AM

Getting Started

The rarest findable pet in the game is the Hyacinth Macaw - I just found one over the weekend. Good thing I looked it up, I was about to just use the pet cage... sold it in the AH for 3k within 30 minutes.
+Quote Post
myremi
post Nov 10 2008, 12:27 PM

Living Proof of Weight Loss while having Back Pain

Moogle, one suggestion : get a blog.
+Quote Post
Moogle Stiltzkin
post Nov 10 2008, 12:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!

I don't know how to set one up ... so.... i'll just have to kacau here biggrin.gif mwahaha. Unless... you want to set one up for me biggrin.gif ?

Chalcedony - Personally i would have used it myself ... but thats just me. You getting the gold for your flying epic mount ?

As for Crafty, i heard in WOTLK there is a quest for alliance that makes us phase to a different dimension, so we can go in Ogrimmar and not see any horde. We can then fish for crafty in peace instead of pieces to feed the fish ;_;
+Quote Post
myremi
post Nov 10 2008, 04:16 PM

Living Proof of Weight Loss while having Back Pain

www.blogger.com

easy peasy.
+Quote Post