Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

CLOSED

views

hfi
post Nov 1 2008, 04:50 PM

On my way
598 posts

Hey guys, finally gonna upgrade my 19" BenQ. Thing is im not sure if i should go for either the 22" or 24". I think i read somewhere 2ms is important for gaming ya ? Anyways my budget is around 1.2k, appreciate any tips or guidance.

Thx in advance.
hfi
post Nov 4 2008, 10:54 AM

On my way
598 posts

I just got me a BenQ E2400HD but heres a thing, theres a little bleed at the top about half inch. Its not really apparent unless the screen is totally black. I couldnt even spot it at the shop as it was bright, but saw i plugged at home. Anyways, i brought it back to the shop and got a new one, then got back and its the same thing.

So anyone who has bought this lcd got the same issue ? Or is this common and acceptable with 24" lcds ? My previous monitor was 19" lcd but had no bleed whatsover. Appreciate your thoughts.
hfi
post Nov 4 2008, 12:16 PM

On my way
598 posts

Thx for the reply guys. Yeah this is the first time i had ever experienced a backlight bleed, so i was quite troubled when i first saw it. It is quite bright, as in it is clearly visible even with a black desktop background. And this even without the room being completely dark (tv and side lamp switched on).

I rang BenQ and asked them whether this is normal with this particular model or for any 24" lcd for that matter. The guy doesnt quite understand what i was talking about and never heard the term backlight bleed but he said he will get few samples from this batch and get back to me by Friday.

To be honest, i think i might be able to live with it, just at the moment, doesnt feel right seeing this glow at the top of the screen.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0314sec    0.35    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:58 PM