33 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Work and Travel To USA

views

TSyeahs4.1
post Oct 28 2008, 10:44 AM

Audio Freako
2,491 posts

New Jersey has seven tax brackets for determining income tax rates. The rates range from 1.4 to 8.97%. The standard sales tax rate is 7%, applicable to all retail sales unless specifically exempt by law. Exemptions include most food items for at-home preparation, medicines, clothing (except fur items), footwear, and disposable paper products for use in the home. Approximately 30 New Jersey municipalities are designated as Urban Enterprise Zones and shoppers are charged a 3½% tax rate, half of the rate charged outside the UEZs. Sections of Elizabeth and Jersey City are examples of communities that are subject to the lower sales tax rate.
quoted from wiki
rclxub.gif rclxub.gif rclxub.gif
ZombieSeafood
post Oct 29 2008, 07:05 AM

45 posts

Tax is lower in NJ, but not duty free like Langkawi
nonadoes
post Oct 29 2008, 02:57 PM

On my way
509 posts

so basically the website only provide you the working visa or they also find job for u?
i read about new zeland working holiday, one of the requirement is at least NZ 2,300 fund must allocated during the period there?

TSyeahs4.1
post Oct 29 2008, 03:08 PM

Audio Freako
2,491 posts

they'll secure you a job before letting you fly off
nonadoes
post Oct 29 2008, 04:00 PM

On my way
509 posts

oic..understand
allegretto87
post Oct 31 2008, 05:19 PM

47 posts

quoted from - http://usa.workandtravelusa.com.my/jobs.htm

How Much Will I Earn?
The minimum wage for most jobs in America is US $ 5.15 per hour. The exception to this is jobs where tipping is common, for which the minimum wage is US $ 2.13 per hour. Work & Travel USA participants average US $ 6-9 per hour, and monthly earnings range from US $ 850 – 1,500 per month, depending on hours and overtime.

-----
monthly earning range is from 850-1500

how much is the expenses/month there?
anyone who has any experience ? how much can you save actually per month?
do you need to apply a year earlier for this kind of job?

This post has been edited by allegretto87: Oct 31 2008, 05:21 PM
TSyeahs4.1
post Nov 2 2008, 11:32 AM

Audio Freako
2,491 posts

that'd depends on where you stay, what you eat, how you spend. of course you'll need to apply early so that they can arrange everything including an interview with your potential employer. the summber 2009 recruitment is just opened, so you can register now although the interview with the employer will be somewhere around february 09
naughtyspirit
post Nov 2 2008, 08:31 PM

40 posts

is this still available...??i heard of it before and tot want to register...
TSyeahs4.1
post Nov 2 2008, 08:40 PM

Audio Freako
2,491 posts

summer 2009 recruitment starts now. you should cantact them for more details.. make sure you're a student and have at least 2 months of semester break
naughtyspirit
post Nov 4 2008, 02:04 AM

40 posts

summer 2009...means next year june lo..i'm going to graduate this sem(nov)..
TSyeahs4.1
post Nov 4 2008, 02:41 AM

Audio Freako
2,491 posts

QUOTE(naughtyspirit @ Nov 4 2008, 02:04 AM)
summer 2009...means next year june lo..i'm going to graduate this sem(nov)..
oh, too bad for you tongue.gif
tjwong
post Dec 9 2008, 04:16 AM

Casual
394 posts

you go under which agent?
- www.speedwing.org
- www.outofthebox.com.my

and what job is offered? you might also consider about the location, wage & tax rate, any brand outlet near by : P, the company....

west coast is more fun than east : P.

Added on December 9, 2008, 4:41 am
QUOTE(yeahs4.1 @ Oct 27 2008, 09:16 AM)
Boston is in west coast? i thought it's in Massachusetts which is in east coast?

anyway, thanks for the heads up, really appreciate'em. seems like NY is not a good place for shopping, my friend told me NJ is tax free state, so is it good place for shopping?
checkout the nearest brand outlet like Prime Outlets (http://www.primeoutlets.com/)
- always keep the receipt : P just incase you want to refund it cause the price will normally go down end of summer.
- Must buy stuff - coach, watch like armani cost around RM 350-500 only, ck jeans around 150-250.

if you are looking for electrical stuff. can try circuitcity store or just get it from amazon.

wait for the tax free day too!
and 1 more thing about NY - Broadway!

This post has been edited by tjwong: Dec 9 2008, 04:41 AM
joeylny
post Dec 9 2008, 04:48 AM

On my way
554 posts

only for students? n newly grads..? sigh i am not eligible then..
tjwong
post Dec 9 2008, 04:51 AM

Casual
394 posts

QUOTE(joeylny @ Dec 9 2008, 04:48 AM)
only for students? n newly grads..? sigh i am not eligible then..
aha... you can try the NZ 1 which for those who is under 30 : Pi assumed that you are under : P

elaineliew88
post Jan 2 2009, 04:07 PM

MCKY girl
1,230 posts

how much the processing fees to join this program?tq
xkjon
post Jan 2 2009, 04:35 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

I just got back from the States about 4 months ago. I lived and studied in Georgia (down South) and I personally would choose the East coast over the West Coast.

Like mentioned previously, the East Coast has more attractions like NYC and Washington DC. Not only that but you can travel to other places like Chicago, Boston, West Virginia, Maryland, etc fairly easy. You can use Amtrak to travel from one state to antoher pretty easily and it costs a lot less than taking a flight. Plus you get to enjoy the nice scenery during the train ride and its easier to just hop off wherever you want since you're backpacking.

I don't know specifically wat kinda tourist attractions there are but I've been to NYC, Washington DC and Boston. I am in love with NYC and Boston. Boston has some great history and a lot of Irish influence so its like you're enjoying a lil piece of Ireland. Even some of the ppl there speak with an Irish accent. =) Washington DC is kinda boring cause its all government buildings but there's a lot of museums and exhibitions you can go to if you're interested in it. I havent been to Chicago but I heard its pretty cool there while people go to West Virginia for the scenery.

On the other hand, I think the West Coast is a lil overrated. I've been to California and Las Vegas. LA is kinda boring because the main attractions in LA is Disneyland, Universal Studios, and Hollywood. Disneyland and Universal Studios is pretty fun but you can finish them in 2 days. Hollywood is overrated cause there's nothing much there but the Walk of Fame and if you're lucky, you mgiht bump into a celeb but thats about it. (oh, and you can envy the rich and famous if you go to Beverly Hills and walk around Rodeo Drive). You can also travel to San Diego but I dont really know wat is the main attraction there except for their zoo and ocean park. San Francisco is nice too but it takes a while to travel there if you don't wanna fly cause its way up north of Cali. San Fran has the whole gay pride going on (if you're interested in that) but its a pretty lively place. Their main attraction is hte Golden Gate Bridge and the famous prison (for some reason I cant remember what its called but its the one used for The Rock, the movie not the wrestler). You can also travel by bus to Las Vegas if you dont wanna fly but since you're looking to save money, I dont really see hte point of going there because everything there costs a bomb and there's nothing much to do except gamble. (There's slot machines everywhere..even in the airport). You can also go to the Grand Canyon and the Colorado River if you're looking to enjoy sceneries. =) THey're pretty breathtaking although you wouldnt want to spend the whole day there.

Um, what else is there..if you have anymore questions, just PM me and I'll try to get back to you. I've travelled quite a bit when I was in the US so I can give you some ideas on what to expect.
chloe_yee87
post Jan 15 2009, 02:47 PM

Casual
367 posts

QUOTE(xkjon @ Jan 2 2009, 04:35 PM)
I just got back from the States about 4 months ago. I lived and studied in Georgia (down South) and I personally would choose the East coast over the West Coast.

Like mentioned previously, the East Coast has more attractions like NYC and Washington DC. Not only that but you can travel to other places like Chicago, Boston, West Virginia, Maryland, etc fairly easy. You can use Amtrak to travel from one state to antoher pretty easily and it costs a lot less than taking a flight. Plus you get to enjoy the nice scenery during the train ride and its easier to just hop off wherever you want since you're backpacking.

I don't know specifically wat kinda tourist attractions there are but I've been to NYC, Washington DC and Boston. I am in love with NYC and Boston. Boston has some great history and a lot of Irish influence so its like you're enjoying a lil piece of Ireland. Even some of the ppl there speak with an Irish accent. =) Washington DC is kinda boring cause its all government buildings but there's a lot of museums and exhibitions you can go to if you're interested in it. I havent been to Chicago but I heard its pretty cool there while people go to West Virginia for the scenery.

On the other hand, I think the West Coast is a lil overrated. I've been to California and Las Vegas. LA is kinda boring because the main attractions in LA is Disneyland, Universal Studios, and Hollywood. Disneyland and Universal Studios is pretty fun but you can finish them in 2 days. Hollywood is overrated cause there's nothing much there but the Walk of Fame and if you're lucky, you mgiht bump into a celeb but thats about it. (oh, and you can envy the rich and famous if you go to Beverly Hills and walk around Rodeo Drive). You can also travel to San Diego but I dont really know wat is the main attraction there except for their zoo and ocean park. San Francisco is nice too but it takes a while to travel there if you don't wanna fly cause its way up north of Cali. San Fran has the whole gay pride going on (if you're interested in that) but its a pretty lively place. Their main attraction is hte Golden Gate Bridge and the famous prison (for some reason I cant remember what its called but its the one used for The Rock, the movie not the wrestler). You can also travel by bus to Las Vegas if you dont wanna fly but since you're looking to save money, I dont really see hte point of going there because everything there costs a bomb and there's nothing much to do except gamble. (There's slot machines everywhere..even in the airport). You can also go to the Grand Canyon and the Colorado River if you're looking to enjoy sceneries. =) THey're pretty breathtaking although you wouldnt want to spend the whole day there.

Um, what else is there..if you have anymore questions, just PM me and I'll try to get back to you. I've travelled quite a bit when I was in the US so I can give you some ideas on what to expect.
thanks for the comment smile.gif
i'm planning to join this program this year Nov 09- feb 10 but i was advised to join their summer program.
Problem is, i've no choice but to go to their winter program or else i've got to defer 2 semesters if i were to join summer program.
anyone join this program during the winter time?
tishaban
post Jan 15 2009, 08:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,615 posts

QUOTE(chloe_yee87 @ Jan 15 2009, 02:47 PM)
thanks for the comment smile.gif
i'm planning to join this program this year Nov 09- feb 10 but i was advised to join their summer program.
Problem is, i've no choice but to go to their winter program or else i've got to defer 2 semesters if i were to join summer program.
anyone join this program during the winter time?
I lived through many many winters and the temperature is not really bad particularly in southern California. What really kills me is the time, it gets dark at 430pm and there's really not much you can do after dark in terms of travelling/sightseeing. That additional 4+ hours of daylight makes a huge difference. Oh also in places like NYC you can forget about free outdoor performances in the park, street fairs etc. Those are spring/summer events only.

So yeah I would recommend the summer program too.

chloe_yee87
post Jan 16 2009, 04:33 PM

Casual
367 posts

QUOTE(tishaban @ Jan 15 2009, 08:18 PM)
I lived through many many winters and the temperature is not really bad particularly in southern California. What really kills me is the time, it gets dark at 430pm and there's really not much you can do after dark in terms of travelling/sightseeing. That additional 4+ hours of daylight makes a huge difference. Oh also in places like NYC you can forget about free outdoor performances in the park, street fairs etc. Those are spring/summer events only.

So yeah I would recommend the summer program too.
hm...i was afraid of this problem too... the temperature.. seriously scared of cold weather...
430? wow...that's early.. sweat.gif
plus, i need to buy winter clothing and the cold weather prolly make me stay in more often...beats the purpose.. sad.gif
TSyeahs4.1
post Feb 2 2009, 02:16 AM

Audio Freako
2,491 posts

QUOTE(xkjon @ Jan 2 2009, 04:35 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
QUOTE(tishaban @ Jan 15 2009, 08:18 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

whoa, these are the feedback that i'm looking for. really appreciate those long posts. please do share any relevant experience.

anyway, i wanna know if there is any recommendation for windbreaker

33 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0230sec    0.35    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:01 PM