Chery MPV Community - CMC Version 1, To Gather All Chery MPV Owners

views

Crossover
post Apr 21 2009, 09:49 AM

Enthusiast
865 posts

QUOTE(smliu @ Apr 20 2009, 06:36 PM)
Once she is dressed up with bodykits, Eastar become Superstar liao! tongue.gif
Halo, it is very nice to see all the comments here, I am one of ur new member/owner after reading all the convincing comment from all of you.

I totally agree with smliu, minimal touch up, Eastar will become a supermodel thumbup.gif

Sad to hear that the interest rate has increase for non-national car, but i feel that Eastar will still have a strong grow in the market in Malaysia, bcos one of the shareholder (~20-30%) is 'somebody' he will not let his investment go into the drain... That why u hear something like Maybank giving interest rate 2.25% as promotion till certain period...

PE... value for money when u 1st have a look at it, for those who doesn't mind to drive on the far left lane on highway, please consider PE, or for those who think they might convert their car into van, PE seem to be a pretty good option if the situation needed.

This post has been edited by Crossover: Apr 21 2009, 09:52 AM
Crossover
post Apr 21 2009, 01:13 PM

Enthusiast
865 posts

QUOTE(eastarian @ Apr 21 2009, 10:27 AM)
hmmm.... who is the somebody  hmm.gif can give some hint ?
Eastarian,
Somebody from the government... cant release more info.. cool2.gif

This post has been edited by Crossover: Apr 21 2009, 01:13 PM
Crossover
post Apr 21 2009, 03:37 PM

Enthusiast
865 posts

Chery is the assigned dealer for LTAT (LEMBAGA TABUNG ANGKATAN TENTERA) for Eastar and Tiggo, i think all of you know right ? Hope this will bring the light for future... laugh.gif thumbup.gif
Crossover
post Apr 22 2009, 07:10 PM

Enthusiast
865 posts

QUOTE(jump5150 @ Apr 22 2009, 06:32 PM)
Gang, u think these bodykit can fits to CE?. I think it suits better in CE ..
http://paultan.org/archives/2009/04/16/pro...ept/#more-14554
The Black Pretige Bodykit certainly fit better for CE and it will look like a angry/macho machine... That bodykit fitted on a van.. sigh.. what a waste..
Crossover
post Apr 23 2009, 09:02 PM

Enthusiast
865 posts

QUOTE(busyra @ Apr 23 2009, 08:37 PM)
Betul la... dlm iklan suratkhabar tulis dari harga RM77,100.  hmm.gif
Ya lah, nak compete ngan Exora.
Tapi nak tahu spec sama ke ngan edisi RM80,000??? Yg pasti enjinnya tetap 2.4 gak.  doh.gif
Busyra.. The ad correct, the price is not OTR price...
Eastar in Malaysia only have 2.4cc... nod.gif
Crossover
post Apr 24 2009, 03:26 PM

Enthusiast
865 posts

QUOTE(WSJ 2525 @ Apr 24 2009, 12:31 PM)
Busyra :

Aloo geng... just to share.
Eureka!Eureka! I dah jumpa satu solution utk mengatasi masalah bau asap. Pg tadi i follow lori (kat sini memang banyak lori) tp heran nape tak bau asap mcm selalu. Tgk kat aircond rupa-rupanya aircond tu dlm mode flow ke kaki shj. Pastu i cuba tukar mode ke flow biasa (atas) apa lagi menerpalah haruman karbon monoksida tu... then, i ubah balik ke mode flow ke kaki, legaaa...
So, u all get it? Kalau tak nak off aircond, tukar je mode flow aircond tu ke kaki setiap kali anda mengekori bas, lori, dll yg mengeluarkan bau yg tak menyenangkan... selamat mencuba!!!
WSJ 2525:

Terima Kasih atas nasihat nie..

Guy, do you oftenly see this car on the road? So far i only saw 2 units on NKVE when i head off to Bangsar. Hope to see more on the road.. icon_rolleyes.gif
Crossover
post Apr 25 2009, 10:17 AM

Enthusiast
865 posts

QUOTE(busyra @ Apr 25 2009, 08:25 AM)
CE baru 7 bln dilancarkan... iklan pun tak banyak... tentulah tak ramai yg tahu tentangnya... CE lebih kurang sebaya ngan Naza Rondo, spesies ni pun blm banyak on the road (kat tempat i ni pun i blm pernah jumpa), tp bukan bermakna ia tidak mendapat sambutan kan...
I cadangkan mr Crossover join gathering kat F1 16 Mei nanti, sure u akan teruja dgn komuniti CE yg walaupun minoriti tp mempersonakan...

Kalau u datang ke Sungai Petani atau ke Kelantan, pasti banyak terserempak ngan CE on the road... maybe dipengaruhi oleh faktor lokasi showroom Chery yg berdekatan... yalah, manusia lebih terpengaruh apabila melihat secara live berbanding lihat iklan kat suratkhabar sahaja...

Apapun... sekiranya roadtaxnya dpt diturunkan i yakin lebih ramai yg akan memilih CE... kawan-kawan ramai yg tertarik hati ngan CE ni, tp roadtax tinggi sgt kata diorang...
Busyra,

I totally agree with you, in time, Chery will become very popular, that is why i made my move to book her and now waiting for her to arrive at my doorstep.

Tq for the invitation for the 516 gathering, unfortunately have other plan on that day which was scheduled few months back, i hope i will be able to join the next gathering...

If government willing to bring down the roadtax, wow.. i can believe that the sale will definitely go up, but when will this happen? Well, roadtax not my worry, as long as i enjoy driving it icon_rolleyes.gif

Chery should be proactive a little, their saleperson behave like P2 or Potong saleman.. thinking that plp will just walk to them to make an order, sigh.. need to improve a lot in term of sale and After sale service. Saw the ads on Star, they could have use a better photo for the ads.. sigh..

This post has been edited by Crossover: Apr 25 2009, 10:18 AM
Crossover
post May 4 2009, 05:28 PM

Enthusiast
865 posts

CNF, that was a fabulous picture of Chery Sport, but i doubt it is going to come into Malaysia, sigh..

Feeling steering gegar, i think u may of to think of the road surface, knowing M'sian road, sigh, not smooth at all, they smoothen it, few days later, some big truck lalu, sure it back to the jalan-jalan berlubang...

My car is about 4 days old now, took her to Genting, i was so amaze with her performance, reliable and durability for the slope and esp at the temple, rclxm9.gif i dont believe the previous review on the Genting slope until i tested it out myself, my wife was so shock for her perfomance. On the way up, i saw a white Eastar, and i was so happy about seeing another fantastic machine running around like us. Wow... Eastar is getting more and more popular. thumbup.gif

Sadly, i went to the PJSC, thought of duplicate another set of remote car key, and they told me that they can dup the remote for me, but i have to bring the key outside to cut it myself, how come they dun come with the full service, i have to pay RM200+ for the remote then gotta pay more to cut it, sigh...

The other more irritating things is... shakehead.gif The SC only start working at 9am... OMG, most SC in town start around 8am or 830am, Chery need to catch up in the market, yet this SC working time.. like a office worker, sigh...

Just hope i dun not need to visit the SC so frequent...
Crossover
post May 4 2009, 09:45 PM

Enthusiast
865 posts

QUOTE(smliu @ May 4 2009, 08:41 PM)
For those who want to take extra care for his Eastar, these interesting links for your reference:
1) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Amazing-Fil...VehicleQ5fParts
2) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Amazing-Fil...A1%7C240%3A1318
This definitely an added bonus to our Eastar engine.
smliu,
Thank for this extra piece of knowledge, definitely learn lot from you here.. rclxms.gif

I think it is definitely going to add some bonus to the engine, but looking through it, the Filterdot is better than the FilterMag, at least the FilterDot can reuse, as it is a removable magnet, but the filtermag is actually the filter-unit itself...

I would imagine it is pretty difficult to get in Malaysia, as it is not so common use over here.. wink.gif
Crossover
post May 5 2009, 08:49 AM

Enthusiast
865 posts

smliu & Eastarian,
I was thinking about the same idea when i saw the video yesterday, speaker magnet would be an alternative before we trying out the FilterDot. It is time to hunt for a small Magnet then put it on ourself instead of asking the mechanic to apply, as most of them will throw it away when we service our car unless they update themselves with the latest development of automobile industry which i doubt about M'sian mechanic. hmm.gif

CNF,
That is not something to block the smell into the car, it is a piece of magnet that attached to the engine oil filter, so that it will attract all the micro/minor filament that produce during the stroking of the piston in the engine. Therefore all the lubricant (engine oil) is free from particles all the time, subsequently will make ur engine last longer. --------------------- smliu please correct me if i made any wrong description here. sweat.gif
Crossover
post May 6 2009, 09:23 AM

Enthusiast
865 posts

QUOTE(Chery new friend @ May 5 2009, 09:45 PM)
hi, i have just done my balancing and alignment, now steering not more vibrate, this was due to balancing....... i drove 7000km already, you guys know what happen to my car???? there is water trapped inside my tyre, affected the balancing.... so strange, i never encounter before for my previous car.... i went to Kee hin at old klang road, RM60 total... not too bad, at least resolve my problem....

i m still puzzle, how the water go inside my tyre?
CNF, thank for the new information for us.
Actually it is not surprise that there will be water trapped within the tyre, if u remember how the putting the tyre to the rim, subsequently they have to apply the inflation 'nod' to the rim, water could have trapped in from any part of this process, or there is actually water in the tyre when i put it on the rim itself. I am glad that the tyre shop managed to spot it when u do the balancing, some technician does not have enough experience or imagination, they will just keep adding the balance bar on the tyre until they cant figure out why it cant be balance, hence will say something like, there is something wrong with ur rim, u either change it or bare with it. I had experience this before, thank god my mate know little about car, hence prevented me from spending extra cash.

CNF, mind i have the contact no for Kee Hin?

smliu,
That is something new i heard from you, Nitrogen gas in the tyre, i only tot we can use the nitrogen gas for the engine during racing. That is very good to hear about it.

I am really glad to hear that Eastar has got more customer, rclxms.gif thumbup.gif but again like previously mentioned, the company need to plan ahead, as it is growing now, please improve the aftersale service, service centre... blush.gif

This post has been edited by Crossover: May 6 2009, 09:27 AM
Crossover
post May 6 2009, 10:29 AM

Enthusiast
865 posts

QUOTE(smliu @ May 6 2009, 09:32 AM)
It is well known that nitrogen gas has been used to inflate the tyres of racing cars, aircraft and heavy commercial vehicles for some time. However it is only relatively recently that it has come into popular use in normal passenger cars.
The benefits claimed for using nitrogen over compressed air for inflating tyres are that it:
*Reduces the tyre’s running temperature
*Improves the ride quality
*Increases tyre life
*Keeps tyre pressures more constant
*Slows the rate of pressure loss
*Doesn’t react with the tyre and rim materials

Nitrogen also has a few disadvantages that should be taken into account. These include:
*Cost(not free like air)
*Maintenance
*Availability

Now a day, most tyre shops have this Nitrogen gas facility. Some shops privide it FOC.
smliu, any recommendation which shop will have free nitrogen? tongue.gif
Crossover
post May 6 2009, 11:24 AM

Enthusiast
865 posts

QUOTE(eastarian @ May 6 2009, 09:30 AM)
Motor Market report on Q1 2009 for Malaysia. check it out! Not bad for Chery! But still very for to get to the top  tongue.gif

http://www.motortrader.com.my/NUS/articles...1912/page_m.asp
For a new Car that started since September 2008, it is a pretty good achievement, i will not expect it to be the top 10 brand as it only have Eastar and Tiggo to market, not like those within top 10, have several products.

BUT it is certainly a good news for our Eastar cheers.gif hope it continue progress as well as the service centre

TO THE CHERY MANAGEMENT : KINDLY IMPROVE YOUR SERVICE TO COPE WITH THE COMING CHALLENGE, YOU ARE ABOUT TO GET A HIGHER BONUS PAYOUT SOON IF YOU COULD MAKE YOUR CUSTOMER GIVE YOU 4/5 STARS FOR YOUR SERVICE.
Crossover
post May 6 2009, 02:24 PM

Enthusiast
865 posts

smliu,
avthing from the North ar, anything for the KL / Selangor?? hmm.gif

This post has been edited by Crossover: May 6 2009, 02:28 PM
Crossover
post May 6 2009, 04:15 PM

Enthusiast
865 posts

QUOTE(smliu @ May 6 2009, 03:38 PM)
Sorry guys, that's what I can managed. Hunt around and see if anyone can give such offer in KL. I will check it out from friends in centre region for u guys but no promise ya.
If the shop can offer top up free for RM20 1st time deal, I think should be ok liao! There are many shops are doing this offer, check it out! For the 1st time, they need to empty the tyre, inflat with Nitrogen gas, empty again and then only inflat with Nitrogen gas. A lot of work to them.
Thank smliu.
But once u inflated with Nitrogen gas, which mean you can't go to the petrol station to inflate tyre anymore, u always have to go back to the tyre shop for that. Isn't it a bit inconvenient?

Plus if someone filled with Nitrogen gas, if that person or other member forgot it was pump with nitrogen gas, and pump with normal air, it will cause freezing effect within the tyre and possible explotion right? ---- Correct me if i my chemistry is wrong here.. hmm.gif
Crossover
post May 7 2009, 10:03 AM

Enthusiast
865 posts

smliu, notworthy.gif
Are u still using the original Eastar rim? Or u have changed it to a bigger one? unsure.gif
Eastar optimum FC should be using 16" rim right? hmm.gif
You are very lucky that have a friend running a tyre business so that u get pretty good deal from him and certainly save quite a lot from there biggrin.gif

Regards the Nitrogen gas:
I think it is an option or special treat for your car. But the most convenient way is just use the normal air. Cheers for the precious information. rclxm9.gif

This post has been edited by Crossover: May 7 2009, 10:10 AM
Crossover
post May 7 2009, 01:49 PM

Enthusiast
865 posts

QUOTE(smliu @ May 7 2009, 01:17 PM)
I may disappoint u this time. I don't fancy on tyre rim for some reasons. Except for the outlook, there are some disadvantages using over size rim(not original spec). We need to have very acurate conversion so that the car can run normally. Or else, it will cause faulty readings and may cause damages and even cause danger if the conversion is not correctly done. http://www.performancetyresdirect.co.uk/co.../converter.html
Say, if u change to 18in rim, the option sizes are 225/40/18(636mm) or 245/35/18(629mm) or 255/35/18(636mm)which are still have some deviation on spec(the correct spec is 633mm). Check and see the price of these tyres. The bigger the size, the higher the price. I would not spend tat much of money for deviation on spec. As you know, I am changing tyres every year; not able to pay for this high price stuff.
I changed the rim b4 for my previous car, I don't like the feel.
For economic and safety reasons, I choose to stay on the original spec.
ps: solely on my personal opinion, no obligation. icon_rolleyes.gif
Thank smliu, the provided site is pretty useful for us if we are thinking bout updgrade it to a bigger rim, and it also teach us how to look for a correct tyres as well for the weight we are carrying for the car. Judging from the site, if u follow the recommended option size, it should not alter the gearing and changing the speedometer reading. The most important thing is, it is still the same rolling radius. But it is a really good site for us to refer and get some idea before we head off to look for the suitable rim for our car in future.

Thank smliu thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by Crossover: May 7 2009, 01:52 PM
Crossover
post May 8 2009, 04:16 PM

Enthusiast
865 posts

Tnx My 386 for sharing this information.

I visited SC today, arrived early, scare of jam, caught this scene in front of the SC... snatched couple of the photos for A520 to share.. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Crossover: May 8 2009, 04:41 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
Crossover
post May 9 2009, 11:08 AM

Enthusiast
865 posts

QUOTE(Chery new friend @ May 8 2009, 11:21 PM)
are they going to sell this A520?
Mr CNF,
I am not sure whether they going to see this car, as i only see it park in front of the SC with all the masking tape on it... Well, one thing for sure, i m not interested on other for the time being, as i am so happy for the Eastar now... rclxms.gif rclxm9.gif icon_rolleyes.gif thumbup.gif
Crossover
post May 10 2009, 10:22 AM

Enthusiast
865 posts

QUOTE(Enigma4646 @ May 9 2009, 08:25 PM)
So Tired Although Get Promoted ....Twice A Week have to report to Tan Sri .........walau...ya......Sometimes Money Cant Buy Your Precious TIME.....sigh.......
Mr President,
Congratulation....! No wonder rarely see you in the forum, i thought u abandon this forum oredi... Good to hear that you been promoted and get close to Tan Sri... thumbup.gif rclxms.gif

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0418sec    0.35    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:17 AM