Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Need to Upgrade My Kancil Alternator, Headlights dim when BASS hits

views

thien211
post Oct 19 2008, 01:41 PM

45 posts

QUOTE(kopiOkaw @ Oct 7 2008, 01:28 AM)
From the research i done from other website, they said that adding a cap will not help if the car electrical system is not upgraded e.g: battery / alternator...
add cap will help, buy high charge rate 1 of cos. as i know, kancil not enough power for high current le, so, go modify the alternator and add battery.
remember add cap if u dun hv

Added on October 19, 2008, 1:42 pm
QUOTE(kopiOkaw @ Oct 7 2008, 07:20 AM)
How bad ar? sweat.gif I'm a bass head person... When my subs hits hard, my headlights will go like "disco lights"... It dims according to the bass beat...  sweat.gif I have plan to do VS + grounding for future... Seems likely i need to do it sooner to solve my problem... Thanks for the recommendation bro... thumbup.gif
haha, that's fun, add some colour light then really disco lo. emm, cap will also help, to smoothing your circuit and protect your amp(mayb).

Added on October 19, 2008, 1:45 pm
QUOTE(jimmylim85 @ Oct 7 2008, 08:49 AM)
How old is your battery? Using NS40 or upgrade to NS60?

I'm also driving Kancil, have upgraded to NS60 to meet my demand on ICE. Last time i have problem using Pioneer DEH1550 using my almost aged battery, when bass hit, my headlight and interior light starts to flicker. When i've replace a brand new battery, no flicker at all even bass hit hard.

Perhaps you can check your battery first. Btw today car battery doesn't really last long, my Yuasa MF battery lasted 1 year and half sad.gif

Adding capacitor is good for SPL because it can provide a sustain current to your amplifier but as you mention that bad electrical system could hamper its performance.
battery helps a lot, careful if the battery too strong until your electrical component of your car boom...

but better use a extra battery only for ICE, to works better ma.

Added on October 19, 2008, 1:49 pm
QUOTE(mADmAN @ Oct 8 2008, 03:41 PM)
ve had problems with alternator before in my old car....basically i just told the mechanic to get the biggest baddest alternator thats able to fit into the car....

so i think u shouyld ask thr same thing to ur mechanic biggrin.gif
as for battery...get wet cell....im using dry cell for my kelisa and have to change around once a year.... last time using wet cell with my current ice it lasted for 2 years....i changed the wet cell oso coz i gatal wanna try dry cell.....

also they say that wet cell provides more power for ice...

waiting for my current dry cell to die before going back to wet cell...
wa, wet > dry? compare which to which first?

stinger battery very good, why dun try(but expensive).
advantage(dry battery) is can put in-car bcos no leakage.
also high charging rate (depend) cracking rate..

Added on October 19, 2008, 1:52 pm
QUOTE(MobyDick @ Oct 8 2008, 04:09 PM)
Saw many Kancil before already replace with 60amps one without any mounting mods bought from chop-shop, dunno from which ori-donor car.

Regarding commercial automotive batteries available at the moment are as follows; Dry Cell, Maintainence Free & lead-acid type.
Would not re-comend maintainence-free batteries as our climate & heat from our car's engine bay within KL jams will surely kill them sooner than lead-acid ones other than those vehicle which do not have their batteries in the engine compartment.
Dry Cell batteries(Marine-Battery) which have much higher 'CCA' are still too expensive for commercial mass import sales in Malaysia. Even this type of battery are also heat sensitive & proven to encounter extreame 'drop' once it encounters hot enviroments.
So it's our ever reliable cheap lead-acid battery to stretch our $$ in the long run. If possible have one the 'biggest' to be install within the engine compartment with slight mods to the current mounts.
ya, this is disadvantage.. abt over 50degree drop over hundred amp..
but how to heat up to 50degree? if really so hot that might be the wiring got problem and careful lo.
actually lead-acid battery enough liao, alternator need upgrade la.

Added on October 19, 2008, 1:54 pm
QUOTE(craziechild @ Oct 15 2008, 02:50 AM)
go to your mech and ask for the same sized alternator with bigger ampere. alternator mod are essential before you change the batteries and stuff. changing or adding battery is a good move but at current rate you are adding more stress towards your alternator than saving it from work loads.
also can add extra alternator if can, kancil not sure got space or not, try ask workshop guy help u smile.gif

Added on October 19, 2008, 1:55 pm
QUOTE(craziechild @ Oct 15 2008, 02:50 AM)
go to your mech and ask for the same sized alternator with bigger ampere. alternator mod are essential before you change the batteries and stuff. changing or adding battery is a good move but at current rate you are adding more stress towards your alternator than saving it from work loads.
also can add extra alternator if can, kancil not sure got space or not, try ask workshop guy help u smile.gif

This post has been edited by thien211: Oct 19 2008, 01:55 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0118sec    0.38    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:52 PM