Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Where to buy good and cheap hiking/walking boots?

views

vobs
post Aug 31 2010, 04:04 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(electronicfly @ Mar 24 2010, 05:29 PM)
If you're not an avid climber (like myself) and see yourself only climbing say every other month, Power has some quite ok shoes for the cheap. I got mine for RM60 and it lasted me for 6 climbs (KK, Nuang x2, Tabur x2, and one more place I can't remember the name. Broga not counted, that one wear slippers also can -.-") before the sole started to come out, and that was due to my foot getting stuck in some roots, nothing that cant be fixed by a bit of sewing.

I can't seem to find them any more though, but Bata has some others that are only RM70.

Anyone would like to recommend something below RM150? Nuang's the hardest I've been to (and plan to go again, haven't reached the top yet  cry.gif ) and I'll need something that doesn't require constant use to maintain (e.g. wear once then keep in cupboard for a month, repeat)

(Ok, out of topic but since someone above talked about headlamps, DON'T get the one from Ace Hardware if you plan to use it more than once. I got that for my KK climb and it drained my batteries kao kao. Used it only for the final ascent, and about 5 minutes again when my hostel I was staying in had no electricity for a while, then POOF batteries died. Get the Energizer on instead. RM60/80 for the headlamp + 4 AA batteries. My sis used it for who knows how long d and still shining bright without changing batteries)

-------

P/S: Cheapest and easiest to find way to leachproof yourself: PANTYHOSE. 100% works, but damn bloody hot one!
I just bought a POWER branded hiking shoes, with discount voucher. Im not an avid climber with low cash to spare:) the first time i climb Mt KK was with a nike sneakers and it hold up just fine at the moment. I definitely will not use it again as it might not hold up the second time around.

I think most hiking shoes will hold up for a few times regardless what brand you buy cheap or expensive.....IF ure not a frequent climber like me and if budget is a concern, just go get any brand you can afford, and improvise it to become comfortable for you namely insoles and whatever......but if youre rich and your mind always wanted the best, by all means go for the most expensive as those technology will definitely help alot....in your mind that is:)

i look at the porters climbing mount kk with ease, with fake crocs, sandals and stuff, so you guys go figure lor.......if they can do it, then its all in your mind:) my 2 sen:) sorry if offended, no harm intended

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0183sec    0.65    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:09 PM