Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Movies BOURNE <something> Movie Thread, LATEST: Matt Damon & Jeremy Reyner Soon!

views

masterelr
post Jul 30 2016, 09:49 PM

Enthusiast
987 posts

QUOTE(elm0001 @ Jul 30 2016, 02:30 PM)
The car chasing scene was way too long plus the scenes were shaky as hell
I was actually planning to watch it just for the car chase scene because I've been hearing good things about. I'm still thinking about it because the reviews aren't good mostly. I've watched the previous ones (except Legacy) but don't remember much about them.
LightningZERO
post Jul 30 2016, 10:41 PM

The Golden Knight
1,683 posts

I thought it was pretty good. Action wise it kept up with the series. I was never bored and the suspense was done well. Storywise it's kinda a mess and strayed too far from what the original trilogy showed us

Still worth a watch
vostroxe
post Jul 30 2016, 10:59 PM

Enthusiast
760 posts

Second best after ultimatum though IMO.
elm0001
post Jul 30 2016, 11:19 PM

I'm Tyrion Lannister's whore
943 posts

QUOTE(masterelr @ Jul 30 2016, 09:49 PM)
I was actually planning to watch it just for the car chase scene because I've been hearing good things about. I'm still thinking about it because the reviews aren't good mostly. I've watched the previous ones (except Legacy) but don't remember much about them.
Lol I'm probably the minority one. When I was watching the scene I was like, just get it done already
skylinelover
post Jul 31 2016, 10:05 PM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,509 posts

haha 4 me the trilogy still better this maybe better than legacy i think laugh.gif laugh.gif
ivanau88
post Jul 31 2016, 11:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
3,777 posts

Movie was good but the shaky camera from the action side really kills the movie
6so
post Aug 1 2016, 08:21 AM

Getting Started
121 posts

It's quite a chore to watch this sequel, every moment just a rehash and a repeat of what came before. Exotic locations, rival assassin, corrupted CIA officer, token female co-star, and of course a finale car chase scene. There's no stake or real sense of danger when you know Bourne will overcome any obstacle being thrown at him. After Snowden incident or Mr.Robot show, the writers ought to advance or change how hacking ought to be portrayed on screen as opposed to stuck using the "Enemy of the state" model like any other surveillance scene in any hollywood movies. Overall a pretty bland sequel with nothing new being offered.
Smart007
post Aug 1 2016, 10:36 AM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(6so @ Aug 1 2016, 08:21 AM)
It's quite a chore to watch this sequel, every moment just a rehash and a repeat of what came before. Exotic locations, rival assassin, corrupted CIA officer, token female co-star, and of course a finale car chase scene. There's no stake or real sense of danger when you know Bourne will overcome any obstacle being thrown at him. After Snowden incident or Mr.Robot show, the writers ought to advance or change how hacking ought to be portrayed on screen as opposed to stuck using the "Enemy of the state" model like any other surveillance scene in any hollywood movies. Overall a pretty bland sequel with nothing new being offered.
gotta agree. it had no tension. my mind even doze off a few times throughout the movie.
i dunno what to say i thought it could be more cause its been 9 years.

overall imo it's obviously better than legacy but weaker compared to the trilogy
skylinelover
post Aug 1 2016, 01:20 PM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,509 posts

Haha well i guess its safe 2 say that just like the new independence day this is also an utter dissapoinment with the same director in helm doh.gif shakehead.gif
GameFr3ak
post Aug 2 2016, 01:45 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,847 posts

Shaky cam is pretty much in Greenfield's blood. I expected it but this movie is like shaky cam on steroid.

The pacing is bad, the beginning of the movie is already a plot hole. I don't know what's going in most of the fight scenes cause the tracking is OFF most of the time.

Imagine this, both bourne and an assassin travels to paris. They showed every scene of what they did (from driving, taking a plane, getting gear, driving, entering lobby) all of which is shaky as hell.

Shaky cam works if used correctly, but this is just terribly hard to enjoy.

From the Bourne vfx artist : "tracking these shots was not fun! There wasn't a single lock-off, every shot had a stupid zoom, a stupid shake, stupid rolling shutter and all shot at nightime. ."
Mov_freak
post Aug 18 2016, 01:10 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

Jason Bourne (2016)

Okay kiddies, here is my reviews for Jason Bourne

The Good

Paul Greengrass (Director) √
Matt Damon as Jason Bourne √
Tommy Lee Jones as CIA Director Robert Dewey (Baddie) √
Riz Ahmed as Aaron Kalloor √
Julia Stiles as Nicky Parsons √
The Script (ties everything up [eg the previous Jason Bourne movies] nicely) √
What happened in Greece √
They brought back Paul Oakenfields song!!! √

The Bad

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
How much Matt Damon have aged since the last one. shocking.gif

The Ugly

Barry Ackroyd (Director of Photography) (I need an Advil after the movie *groan*)
How ugly Vincent Cassel still is and how the heck did he get Monica Bellucci to be his WIFE!!! (Okay this one is personal... tongue.gif)

In short, great movie, and have to add bring an Advil...

My Two Sen

This post has been edited by Mov_freak: Aug 18 2016, 01:13 PM

6 Pages « < 4 5 6Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0126sec    0.41    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:07 AM