Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> How to make a website/ Website building resources., Everything a webmaster needs.

views

TSdjzen
post Apr 1 2009, 12:28 PM

Startup life!
2,873 posts

it should be supported some time soon, handhelds are getting more powerful nowadays.
moreincome
post Apr 8 2009, 01:08 PM

2 posts

Thanks for all these guides and tutorial listings.

But some people can only learn from classroom environment. Anyone knows anyone who is giving lessons on blog creating, HTML, CSS etc.

Regards
wilsonjay
post Apr 8 2009, 08:43 PM

6 Stars Social Justice Warrior
1,599 posts

so all need to do is bu ya web domain and make my own web in dreamweaver?
KiDkillER
post Apr 8 2009, 10:57 PM

The Home Builder
1,517 posts

It's depending on what you want to do with your domain, website or blog? Blog can be installed with many script..Wordpress...Joomla..Drupal...etc..

For website..I was using Dreamweaver...it took long times to be done..=.="
TSdjzen
post Apr 10 2009, 05:42 PM

Startup life!
2,873 posts

not really. you need hosting as well smile.gif
zorex
post Apr 19 2009, 04:36 AM

Twinkie Stars
1,185 posts

TS, the 1st post is all about website building resources. I think we somehow neglect post some simple step in making 1 website (must be online).

Here let me contribute some brief idea to those that dunno how to make a website.
Website can be in dynamic or static.
- A dynamic web page function like a program and it serve pages base on different request by a user (eg: forum).
- A static web site consists of pages that are pre-build and content are same every time you visit the same page.
To host your website/making it online (a.k.a viewable by anyone with internet)
- You need to find a web host (there are free and paid hosting)
- A web host will store all your web pages (static or dynamic) on a server (webserver).
- Upon visitor request (like typing in the URL http://something.com) the webserver will serve the pages on the server to your visitor.
- A domain name is used to identify a server (web server) similar to the name of your computer. So that one no need to type in IP address when visiting.
- Domain name such as (something.com, .net, .info, .biz, .org) need to register (buy frm registrar and then they register with ICANN) before you own it and use it.
- To upload your file, there are few method. Most common method is through FTP (known as File Transfer Protocol). You need to have a FTP client in order to connect to the server and upload your files.
Any mistake feel free to comment and you are welcome to add anything i miss. But plz dun make it very complicated that newbie wont be able to understand.
TSdjzen
post Apr 19 2009, 06:46 PM

Startup life!
2,873 posts

added biggrin.gif thanks for the contribution.
stereokumonomu
post Apr 19 2009, 11:42 PM

On my way
602 posts

sorry if i post on wrong place...

how can i make a online puchase on my website?
i mean, so that people can buy thins from my website

thanks in advance
TSdjzen
post Apr 20 2009, 02:18 AM

Startup life!
2,873 posts

you need a shopping cart software.
stereokumonomu
post Apr 21 2009, 12:28 AM

On my way
602 posts

like e-commerce or something?..

can tell me sumore about this?..
oumind
post Apr 25 2009, 01:56 PM

Casual
388 posts

QUOTE(stereokumonomu @ Apr 19 2009, 11:42 PM)

thanks in advance
For international customers, the cheapest and easiest way to accept money is to use PayPal.
trinityz
post Apr 30 2009, 02:14 PM

Casual
477 posts

hi to all the sifus here!

need some of your suggestion. a friend of mine is planning to start a e-commerce site with built in shopping cart. problem is while in the midst of testing, he found out that all the mail that suppose to send to customer are delivered but ended up in junk/spam mail. i personally had tried register to the site and my account details ended up in my junk mail (for hotmail) and spam (for yahoo). any idea what is the problem and how to overcome?
TSdjzen
post Apr 30 2009, 09:37 PM

Startup life!
2,873 posts

ty not to put HTML in your mail.
oumind
post May 1 2009, 10:27 AM

Casual
388 posts

QUOTE(trinityz @ Apr 30 2009, 02:14 PM)
hi to all the sifus here!

need some of your suggestion. a friend of mine is planning to start a e-commerce site with built in shopping cart. problem is while in the midst of testing, he found out that all the mail that suppose to send to customer are delivered but ended up in junk/spam mail. i personally had tried register to the site and my account details ended up in my junk mail (for hotmail) and spam (for yahoo). any idea what is the problem and how to overcome?
I think the sender mail field is blank, so mails from the app is considered spam.
vckloong
post May 20 2009, 11:58 AM

Getting Started
128 posts

thanks in advance
In order for you to make your website being able to accept payments online, you need to consider a few things.

First question to ask is this : "Is your customer Malaysian or foreign?" This is because, normally most Malaysians do not have PayPal, and implementing Paypal will not be a good option, as Paypal requires you to have an account signed up with them before they can pay with their Credit Cards. Normally, people will just leave your website when they found out they need to sign up to Paypal to pay you as it is too troublesome. A better alternative would be to get a system from www.Ipay88.com which is a Malaysian Payment Gateway system which is cheap and affordable.

Second question to ask is this : "What is the transaction or setup charges?" Most companies out there will charge you a hefty setup fee, like RM 1000 before you even make your first online dollar. If your target market is overseas, use PayPal and if they don't have PayPal, offer them another payment option which is Credit Card payment. There are other payment systems out there, such as WorldPay and 2Checkout, but as Malaysians, it is best to have a Malaysian office based payment gateway which you can call for customer service. I would again recommend IPay88.

Hope this helps you yeah.
mymaran4u
post May 28 2009, 10:24 PM

13 posts

Thanks for the info rclxms.gif
blackflam
post May 30 2009, 02:29 AM

Getting Started
183 posts

I am setting up an online store. Currently situated at Australia (studying). I am into a new business venture with my fellow mates and was planning to open up an online store. I have experiences with website setup, so I took up position as webmasters.

I am looking to design websites like bytelove.com, threadless.com and snorgtees.com . I believe they use Joomla or Magento.. (just assuming, here's the question). I am unable to find a good guide on both of the CMS plateform. Can anyone share any links to good guides?
TSdjzen
post Jun 1 2009, 12:28 PM

Startup life!
2,873 posts

there wouldnt be any better guides than on the site itself.
tehcc
post Jun 1 2009, 06:09 PM

Getting Started
252 posts

thanks in advance
You can now setup a website with easy integration of Paypal to accept payment online for your products or services.

Or you can install a shopping cart with your website.Some of the popular shopping cart software such as Cubecart and Zencart should be setup easily by following their setup guides.

You can choose to install the shopping cart software directly from the CPanel, a web hosting management software that included with web hosting plan such as from www.iwebhosting.com.my
Good Luck!
torekasi
post Jun 4 2009, 10:22 AM

10 posts

This is one of the website that provide the most tutorial

http://www.siteground.com/joomla_addons.htm

12 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0479sec    0.40    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 6th March 2021 - 03:46 AM