Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Bicycle shop in KL/Selangor, wanna cycle and exercise

views

Vincent_1981
post Aug 4 2014, 03:32 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(nezumi57 @ Apr 28 2014, 11:12 AM)
Hi guys, i am looking for this bike: http://www.diamondback.com/bikes-mountain-...-29er-overdrive
Anyone knows anywhere to get this in KL/Selangor area?
I think it's easy to get same bike spec as the diamondback.

But if you are looking for this model I don't think so it's available in KL
zenix
post Aug 5 2014, 01:21 AM

Pirate Captain
6,149 posts

QUOTE(vkeong @ Oct 4 2008, 04:05 PM)
As topic, anyone knows a good shop to buy mountain bikes in KL/Selangor area? Thanks
just buy the cheapest bike.
coz when you join any groups.
whatever you bought will never be good enough.
they will kutuk and satay u until u go buy a bike from their sifu+shop owner friend.
beck_ken
post Aug 5 2014, 11:32 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,716 posts

Sunway Giza there got....
C Lee
post Sep 5 2014, 11:38 AM

0 posts

Avoid the one in USJ4

I recently have a bad experience with the bicycle shop in USJ4.
My son broke his bicycle rear gear shift and I called them, inquiring whether they can change the rear shifter. The owner’s son picked up the phone and said the shifter is out of stock. I then asked him if I were to take the ‘part’ there, would you be willing to change it for me since you have no stock. He answered, yes, at RM30 for labor charges. I said fine, and when I get the shifter next week I will bring the bike to the shop for it to be repaired. The son final words were, ok but you will have to leave the bike here and will take time to repair. I said then, OK thanks.
Come next week after getting the replacement shifter I took my son’s bike to the shop. To my dismay and shock the owner’s son said, this shifter is not from my shop and we can’t replace it for you. Then I told him I called last week and you told me you can do it (as above). He denies everything, and now said we have stock for this item. To cut the argument short, I said since you have the stock, I will use your replacement shifter. His reply really blew me, the owner son’s said, ”you can take your bike and have it fixed somewhere else”
Do you think this sort of business practice and behavior is acceptable? In my nearly half a century of life I have not come across this sort of business attitude, I guess the saying is correct once business is too good it’s get into your head and you become big headed.
Some of my neighbors also complain the owner very ‘lansi’ and the prices are sky high and better buy somewhere else. I have indeed learned my lesson here which I should have learned from my neighbor.

C Lee
post Sep 5 2014, 11:41 AM

0 posts

[I recently have a bad experience with the bicycle shop in USJ4.
My son broke his bicycle rear gear shift and I called them, inquiring whether they can change the rear shifter. The owner’s son picked up the phone and said the shifter is out of stock. I then asked him if I were to take the ‘part’ there, would you be willing to change it for me since you have no stock. He answered, yes, at RM30 for labor charges. I said fine, and when I get the shifter next week I will bring the bike to the shop for it to be repaired. The son final words were, ok but you will have to leave the bike here and will take time to repair. I said then, OK thanks.
Come next week after getting the replacement shifter I took my son’s bike to the shop. To my dismay and shock the owner’s son said, this shifter is not from my shop and we can’t replace it for you. Then I told him I called last week and you told me you can do it (as above). He denies everything, and now said we have stock for this item. To cut the argument short, I said since you have the stock, I will use your replacement shifter. His reply really blew me, the owner son’s said, ”you can take your bike and have it fixed somewhere else”
Do you think this sort of business practice and behavior is acceptable? In my nearly half a century of life I have not come across this sort of business attitude, I guess the saying is correct once business is too good it’s get into your head and you become big headed.
Some of my neighbors also complain the owner very ‘lansi’ and the prices are sky high and better buy somewhere else. I have indeed learned my lesson here which I should have learned from my neighbor.

SUSdestiny6
post Sep 7 2014, 09:34 AM

Enthusiast
817 posts

QUOTE(C Lee @ Sep 5 2014, 11:38 AM)
Avoid the one in USJ4

I recently have a bad experience with the bicycle shop in USJ4.
Come next week after getting the replacement shifter I took my son’s bike to the shop. To my dismay and shock the owner’s son said, this shifter is not from my shop and we can’t replace it for you. Then I told him I called last week and you told me you can do it (as above). He denies everything, and now said we have stock for this item.  To cut the argument short, I said since you have the stock, I will use your replacement shifter. His reply really blew me, the owner son’s said, ”you can take your bike and have it fixed somewhere else”
what's the name of the shop? is it call USJ4? or at USJ4? unsure.gif
Blackbird
post Sep 7 2014, 07:57 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(destiny6 @ Sep 7 2014, 09:34 AM)
what's the name of the shop? is it call USJ4? or at USJ4?  unsure.gif
Guess its the USJ Cycle shop. Although I'm staying in usj and a regular mtbiker. I seldom go to that shop.
SUSdestiny6
post Sep 7 2014, 10:44 PM

Enthusiast
817 posts

QUOTE(Blackbird @ Sep 7 2014, 07:57 PM)
Guess its the USJ Cycle shop. Although I'm staying in usj and a regular mtbiker. I seldom go to that shop.
you mean this? http://www.usjcycles.com/ ?
this quite reputable shop le....at taipan area, thought of buying a bike from them but didn't, never bought anything from them though
mousqy
post Sep 8 2014, 09:40 AM

Enthusiast
758 posts

QUOTE(vkeong @ Oct 4 2008, 04:05 PM)
As topic, anyone knows a good shop to buy mountain bikes in KL/Selangor area? Thanks
specialized in kota damansara

merida in taman bahagia

KSH in taman tun

online bicyclebuysell.com

master list http://www.baikbike.com/bicycle-shops/

This post has been edited by mousqy: Sep 8 2014, 09:42 AM
andrewhtf
post Sep 10 2014, 01:02 PM

Regular
1,576 posts

QUOTE(destiny6 @ Sep 7 2014, 10:44 PM)
you mean this? http://www.usjcycles.com/ ?
this quite reputable shop le....at taipan area, thought of buying a bike from them but didn't, never bought anything from them though
Yea very "reputable". Heard plenty of disrepute stories about them too.

Anyway i find his price for stuffs are very exp, even after discounts.
davidwkhor
post Jun 10 2015, 10:31 PM

3 posts

this shop's Jerry is fUCK TUP guy! bad customer service
Blissguy
post Jun 26 2015, 05:00 PM

Getting Started
194 posts

him.... this is bad service must say.
i am gald i have a good bike shop at SP

heres a link to share.... best boss ever must say.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/GreenBike-Sh...f=page_internal

hope this helps
lorrydriverrocks
post Jun 27 2015, 01:22 PM

Getting Started
254 posts

Lots of stories about USJ cycles...personally i avoid them
Blissguy
post Jul 1 2015, 09:14 AM

Getting Started
194 posts

- yeah i to just hear from the uncle from my shop says a little to much do that to cuterma ... things like never buy the bike from the shop can't borrow pump ... pay also won't acepth
rupart
post Feb 14 2016, 10:39 AM

Casual
421 posts

QUOTE(mousqy @ Sep 8 2014, 09:40 AM)
specialized in kota damansara

merida in taman bahagia

KSH in taman tun

online bicyclebuysell.com

master list http://www.baikbike.com/bicycle-shops/
Good link....but all branded and for adults...

Any recommendations for kids bike?

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0193sec    0.30    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:56 AM