Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Movies Men In Black 1, 2, 3 & International, News:Tommy Lee Jones & Will Smith in 3D?

views

defaultname365
post May 20 2012, 01:44 AM

Windows® 8.1 | Xbox 360™ | PlayStation® 4
1,097 posts

Not sure if posted elsewhere. Occurred during the premiere of MIB3 in Russia on the red carpet.

defaultname365
post May 25 2012, 08:31 PM

1,097 posts

Planning to watch this... not bad, currently holds 66% on RT after 127 reviews which means its Fresh. I think it's one of those good to be back films, and sure heck beats the second film which was terrible.
defaultname365
post May 31 2012, 09:02 PM

1,097 posts

Watching this tomorrow in 2D. nod.gif 68% and fresh after 188 reviews on RT - it should be good!

This post has been edited by defaultname365: Jun 2 2012, 12:28 AM
defaultname365
post Jun 2 2012, 12:29 AM

1,097 posts

What?? Not very active for an anticipated early Summer flick warmer! tongue.gif

Just got back from watching it and I really enjoyed it.

To sum it up - - it is a really good watch but with partial areas that aren't so good. Simply put, there are brilliances all over the film... but there are areas that will leave you wanting the scene to just move on already.

Brilliant performances from Will Smith and Josh Brolin. Josh Brolin really did justice to young K. Just fantastic. Can't be sure if he "studied" how Agent K would behave or act, but Josh pulled it. Salute to the casting choice. No other actor could have played young K. nod.gif

Borris the villain, could have had more magic so to speak to his overall outlook/characteristic. His voice is the one that stand-outs the most to me, the devil-ish deep growl and they hilarious deepen his voice as his emotions grow stronger. Disgusting stuff in this film too, more so than I believe the first two films. You'll know when you see it.

I was a little bit surprised about the language though. MIB3 use of stronger language is well stronger and more frequent than the first two films though everything is still within PG-13 limits.

The middle part fluctuates here and there in terms of brilliance as I mentioned before. There were some absolutely genuinely hilarious moments.

+ Brilliant performance from Josh Brolin
+ Well written film for a third outing that could easily have been the worst
+ Genuinely hilarious moments throughout
+ Outstandingly emotional ending that will move you

- Struggles here and there in the middle of the film
- Really wish there was more old Agent K/Tommy Lee Jones
- Where the heck is "Frank the Pug" ???? I was waiting the whole time! Only a giant picture of him can be seen

We see Agent J in normal outfit which is a rarity... can't remember if he does wear normal outfit in the first film. Did not stay back until the end credits were over to see if there was any extra scene.

8/10

I think RT score should be higher than 69% !

Special...
Watched it in Digital 2D. And OMG... "The Amazing Spider-Man" super length trailer was attached to the front of the film, a bit of a rarity as I've never seen anything non-short film attached to the front of a film. Is it a 4-minute scene thing? Don't know if already released on Youtube, but I saw it for the first time. So many new scenes (the full scene was between Peter and Gwen Stacy) and golly me it really pumped me up for the film. It was simply brilliant. Breathless after the whole thing. rclxms.gif And "Skyfall" trailer! Awesome to see the trailer on the big screen...
defaultname365
post Dec 20 2018, 11:46 PM

1,097 posts

Really miss Tommy Lee Jones & Will Smith...

This new one should be fun to watch though, thanks to the delightfully comedic chemistry between the two Thor Ragnarok stars... laugh.gif
defaultname365
post Jun 14 2019, 04:04 PM

1,097 posts

user posted image

An easy skip for me.

user posted image

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0159sec    0.38    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:54 PM