Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Men In Black 1, 2, 3 & International, News:Tommy Lee Jones & Will Smith in 3D? (Movies)

views

TSCalvin871989
post Oct 2 2008, 12:31 AM, updated 3 months ago

Im Batman
1,229 posts

http://io9.com/5056536/men-in-black-3-are-...cky-aliens-left

Men In Black 3: Are There Any More Wacky Aliens Left?

user posted image

Rumors are flying that Men In Black 3 is out there somewhere waiting for the right funding. But seriously, do we need another one of these? Because you know Tommy Lee Jones would do it if offered a paycheck, so the chances of this flick hitting big screens are about 50/50. My only concern is, haven't we tapped out on the whole "talking pug" and "famous people who are aliens" jokes? According to producer Walter Parkes, apparently not.

Parkes told Parade Magazine that MIB3 is only a matter of time:

The challenge is getting the script right and finding a time when our busy stars are available." .... "Everyone, including Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones, wants to do another."

That sounds like something an actor and writer would say to a producer just to change the subject. "Sure I'd do another Men In Black have your people call my people." Then again, Smith did make Hancock.

MIB3 has been chatted about since 2005, but maybe it needed this much time to pass in order for it to make a third coming. But I beg of you — should you decide to bring it back for a third time, make it more like the first with the inter-space politics and seemingly intricate system of extraterrestrial management created by the government. Not just an excuse to see Laura Flynn Boyle in leather.

This post has been edited by Mov_freak: Jun 16 2019, 07:13 PM
TSCalvin871989
post Mar 9 2010, 11:23 PM

Im Batman
1,229 posts

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/19388

'Men in Black 3' Casting to Begin Soon, Names Being Thrown in the Ship

user posted image

Columbia Pictures is officially having conversations regarding their third entry in the Men in Black franchise as we're being told by industry insiders that in addition to Jonah Hex cowboy Josh Brolin likely (still unconfirmed) to star, they've shown strong interest in both Sacha Baron Cohen (Sweeney Todd, Bruno) and Jemaine Clement ("The Flight of the Conchords") for a character named "Yaz" (a new agent?). Neither are locked, this should be taken strictly as rumor for now. Etan Cohen (Tropic Thunder, Igor, Idiocracy) wrote the screenplay. Shooting was originally rumored to begin this spring. The 1997 Men in Black grossed nearly $600m worldwide, while its 2002 sequel took in $440m. Why so long for another sequel? Who knows!

TSCalvin871989
post Apr 22 2010, 01:11 AM

Im Batman
1,229 posts

http://www.showbiz411.com/wp/2010/04/21/me...with-will-smith

“Men in Black 3-D” Set to Roll with Will Smith

user posted image

I guess it’s official, more or less.

Director Barry Sonnenfeld tells me that “Men in Black 3-D” is ready to roll. Will Smith has signed on, Tommy Lee Jones is in, and a script is awaited.

Yes. I did say 3D. “Men in Black 3″ will be in 3D. Sonnenfeld says it is so. Why not? Everything else is, and this is one movie that might be cool in the process.

Sonnenfeld told me he’d get me a neuralizer–that’s the cigar holder like gizmo that erases memories–but he couldn’t promise it would work! (I love that thing.)

Nevertheless, you can bet Sony is juiced to get this puppy moving since “Spider Man 4″ fell apart. They are in desperate need of a blockbuster for next Memorial Day May 2011. And “Men in Black” is like money in the bank.

I ran into Sonnenfeld, by the way, at Vanity Fair’s annual outdoor cocktail soiree at the New York State Supreme Court building. This is the party that launches the Tribeca Film Festival. Graydon Carter greeted each guest as they climbed the massive stairs to th e portico. Right behind him were Robert DeNiro and Grace Hightower, Jane Rosenthal and Craig Hatkoff, and everyone who’s anyone in town.

That list included Jerry and Jessica Seinfeld, Chazz and Gia Palminteri, Brian Williams, Patricia Clarkson. Google chief Eric Schmidt, Charlie Rose and Amanda Burden, Rob and Marisol Thomas, John McEnroe, Harvey Keitel, Ronald Perelman, Diane von Furstenberg and Barry Diller, Griffin Dunne, Ed Burns and Christy Turlington, Queen Noor of Jordan, Andre Balazs, Andrew McCarthy, John Leguizamo, Veronica Webb, Police Commissioner Ray Kelly, Mayor Mike Bloomberg, city councilwoman Christine Quinn, Drew and Ann Nieporent, and Oscar winning “Precious” screenwriter Geoffrey Fletcher.

Yes. just another night, Vanity Fair style! Later we ran into Uma Thurman having dinner at Carter’s Waverly Inn, while Graydon himself was said to have taken a gang up to (his) Monkey Bar.

And PS: here’s a little gossip from John McEnroe, Wife Patty Smythe, a great rocker before she settled down with John to raise six children, is in Nashville recording her first album in 20 years! Remember “The Warrior?” http://tinyurl.com/
y49cdae

TSCalvin871989
post May 8 2010, 11:55 PM

Im Batman
1,229 posts

http://www.deadline.com/2010/05/will-smith...5-2012-release/

Will Smith Commits To 'Men In Black 3D' Threequel; Sony Sets May 25, 2012 Release

user posted image

EXCLUSIVE: Men in Black 3 is officially a go, and Columbia Pictures will set a May 25, 2012, release date for a sequel that director Barry Sonnenfeld will shoot in 3D. Will Smith has signed his deal to reunite with director Barry Sonnenfeld, and deals are now being negotiated with Tommy Lee Jones and Josh Brolin. An announcement is imminent.

The project has been in the prep stage for some time, but didn't become real until Smith chose it over several "next film" candidates. His decision to put on the sunglasses and dark suit gives Sony a killer 2012: the studio previously set a July 3, 2012 release date for its Spider-Man relaunch, which also will be shot in 3D. Walter Parkes and Laurie MacDonald return as MIB3 producers, and Steven Spielberg will be executive producer.

It has long been expected MIB3 would be next for Smith, who last starred in 2008’s Seven Pounds and then took the time to be a very hands on producer in the China-shot Karate Kid remake that stars his son, Jaden (which Columbia releases June 11). Smith then mulled several star vehicles that included City That Sailed, and I hear that he also contemplated Colossus, the scifi remake that Ron Howard wants to direct for Universal and Imagine.

While Smith pondered his choices, Columbia, Sonnenfeld and MIB3 producers Parkes and MacDonald positioned themselves to be ready. I’m told that Rick Baker has been designing and building the creatures, Bo Welch has been designing the sets, and David Koepp had been polishing a script by Etan Cohen that got this whole thing started. Cohen is back and polishing the shooting draft.

The film will use a time travel element that moves the action from contemporary back to 1969. Brolin will play the younger version of Jones's Agent Kay character. Sony had every reason to be stoked about more MIB, the franchise based on the comic book by Lowell Cunningham. The 1997 original grossed $589 million worldwide, and the 2002 sequel did $442 million in global ticket sales. Those films rank high on Columbia’s all-time gross chart, and the prospect of making an installment that captures the otherworldly creatures in 3D is enticing. Still, many felt another film would be impossible because the gross deals were so prohibitive. I’m told that the principal players showed flexibility. It's still a big-ticket film, and there is plenty of gross out the door. But the deals have built-in hiatus periods that allow the studio to recoup and make money.

That hurdle was overcome some time ago, and it came down to Smith committing. He showed some flexibility by agreeing to a Memorial Day weekend opening. Since Independence Day, Smith has considered July 4 weekend to be his preferred domain for commercial vehicles, but that slot was already occupied by Spider-Man. Then again, Smith has always been shrewd about choosing projects, and he has positioned himself to keep intact his title as world’s biggest box office star.

TSCalvin871989
post Jun 15 2019, 04:44 PM

Im Batman
1,229 posts

This video summed up this movie.

"This is not babies to produce , this is a movie to produce"

"Start making movies and stop producing babies"

"Watching your babies gave me rabies"

LMAO 😆

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0763sec    2.46    6 queries    GZIP Disabled