Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Movies Men In Black 1, 2, 3 & International, News:Tommy Lee Jones & Will Smith in 3D?

views

skylinelover
post May 24 2012, 09:17 AM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,478 posts

woohoo i m watching it next wednesday just 4 the mid day discount laugh.gif rclxms.gif
BelowAverage
post May 24 2012, 11:00 PM

Regular
1,274 posts

watch today.

give 8/10

touching ending wei
skystrike
post May 25 2012, 01:25 AM

back to normal
1,269 posts

quite good movie....the ending is very touching..explain how agent j & agent k meet for first time....i give 7/10

This post has been edited by skystrike: May 25 2012, 01:31 AM
koolspyda
post May 25 2012, 07:25 AM

Getting Started
222 posts

yup, it's a enjoyable fun movie.

what is there to reveal other than..

Veteran MIB field agent Agent J (Will Smith) learns that Agent K's life and the fate of Earth are at stake. He must time-travel to stop an alien criminal named Boris from assassinating a young Agent K and changing history, while also facing a 24-hour time limit before he is trapped in the past.

NEW VILLAIN, BORIS the Animal
user posted image

Agent J gets to meet young Agent K of the past, err time travel won't be confusing. Agent J also meets O (pronounce as Oh, who replace Agent Z (zed) in the future).
http://meninblack.wikia.com/wiki/Agent_O

There are of course new aliens disguise as humans. (expected rolleyes.gif sweat.gif )

Agents are still dressed in Black suits. (given sweat.gif ). The flashy thingy (neuralizer), well that's really something in the past, i mean how it is, the prototype in the early days.

Go watch it! The ending (touching scene) mustn't be spoilt here!

what skystrike said is good enough hint but don't got just waiting for that ending, the whole movie is good entertainment. Those who may come back & say err, maybe too much talking, slow here in this part movie should be giving a kick in the A s s wink.gif

much better then hancock (another will's fun wise cracking persona)

For the MIB fans thumbup.gif
MIB3 Review from LA times

"Men in Black 3" has got the MIB mojo back — well, most of it anyway. With Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones once again suited up and sporting shades as agents J and K, and a casting coup in Josh Brolin playing K's younger self, the latest alien crisis is good trippy fun as the fate of Earth, and '60s retro style, hang in the balance.

Director Barry Sonnenfeld, who's been onboard from the first film, has recovered some of the brashness and all of the unbridled affection for the weird, wonky otherworldly types that made the initial 1997 cosmic comedy such a kick. "3" is a more restrained affair, but it kind of suits the guys now that an entire decade has passed since the disappointing "Men in Black II." Let's just let that poor sap rest in peace.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
Review above (LA times) never reveals the ending too, so its good. it's not essential to the whole movie, it's poignant that sums why we, MIB fans love MIB !

This post has been edited by koolspyda: May 25 2012, 07:36 AM
Itori
post May 25 2012, 10:15 AM

Getting Started
181 posts

Watched it last night. It still has the feel of 'freshness' of how the 60's do their MIB work. (Comparatively with modern tech, anything is possible with people assuming that in mind.)

May not be among the best movies out there but a definitely must watch. The humor matches most of the scenes and sometimes what they say has a double entendre. (If you listen closely and process them quickly, you'll know. Seems like I was the one who chuckled during those parts. Note: Pickle stands for a body part with the scene with Andy Warhol) Obvious humor lines are there and noticeable, and also enjoyable too!

Somehow the time travelling concept was a hazy process and required visual understanding. Else you will be confused how come they are here and why they are there.

The whole thing is about the relationship between J and K. Why K is so stringent with J. Because he knew something about J’s past that he could not say. And that thing happened where Boris the Animal did before he was arrested.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Boris the Animal was the main villain and was well played. The stubbornness of both Future Boris and Past Boris is damn funny. They all have their own opinions and ego. Kinda funny seeing both of them argue.

J is determined to save K regardless of the cost because K was the only one who can save the world. If J didn’t make history work its own way (Meaning K must live from a kill from Future Boris), the invasion will happen 40 years later. Thus J’s mission is just to hunt down and kill Future Boris and cannot disturb K’s confrontation with Past Boris. And at the same time know why K changed after the incident.

Josh Brolin (Past K) plays very well to emulate Tommy Lee Jones (Future K). Even his voice matches. Sadly Tommy Lee Jones only facetime is beginning of the movie and the end only.

Maybe due to the fact MIB2 was a letdown, so people put less hopes in MIB3. But the storytelling and how things are carried out in the 60’s shows a kind of freshness for people to explore the environment and how things naturally match with the characters. Also for the backward technology humor was nice. For me although I didn’t watch it in 3D, the angles of popping out don’t seem so much. I only noticed like it’s there for the first half of the movie only.

7/10

tonYe
post May 25 2012, 11:22 AM

Game Designer
1,454 posts

Very entertaining and obviously more superior than the previous instalment. But major time paradox flaws.
greyshadow
post May 25 2012, 07:55 PM

I bleed it out, Diggin' deeper just to throw it away!
1,826 posts

anyone watch the 3D version?
how's the effect?
defaultname365
post May 25 2012, 08:31 PM

Windows® 8.1 | Xbox 360™ | PlayStation® 4
1,097 posts

Planning to watch this... not bad, currently holds 66% on RT after 127 reviews which means its Fresh. I think it's one of those good to be back films, and sure heck beats the second film which was terrible.
koolspyda
post May 25 2012, 09:03 PM

Getting Started
222 posts

QUOTE(defaultname365 @ May 25 2012, 09:31 PM)
Planning to watch this... not bad, currently holds 66% on RT after 127 reviews which means its Fresh. I think it's one of those good to be back films, and sure heck beats the second film which was terrible.
It does, MIB2 was a little mushy or kinda rub awkwardly to many towards the end. The villain here is mean, little stupid but aren't all aliens? tongue.gif

3D was nice but not superior then anything that we might have seen on other movies

This post has been edited by koolspyda: May 25 2012, 09:08 PM
shinjite
post May 26 2012, 11:57 AM

�ŞħĬΩĵΐŦ��
All Stars
19,176 posts

QUOTE(defaultname365 @ May 25 2012, 08:31 PM)
I just checked, it is 69% now at RT
Kyoyagami
post May 26 2012, 01:25 PM

KyoYagami-myed
Group Icon
Elite
1,838 posts

Fun, but my head hurts when trying to find an exploit to the paradox.
anthonywcl
post May 26 2012, 09:49 PM

On my way
585 posts

Watched MiB3 just now, not bad. Enjoyable and entertaining rclxms.gif
You can't go wrong with Will Smith, funny Agent J one-liner biggrin.gif

3.5/5
Liela
post May 26 2012, 10:12 PM

46 posts

just watched this movie, while still nice to watch but it doesn't live to the hype of summer block buster movie.

3/5
shinjite
post May 26 2012, 11:21 PM

�ŞħĬΩĵΐŦ��
All Stars
19,176 posts

Just came back from MIB 3
Josh Brolin did good as young K wink.gif
Geneveive
post May 27 2012, 12:41 PM

Getting Started
73 posts

QUOTE(skystrike @ May 25 2012, 01:25 AM)
quite good movie....the ending is very touching..explain how agent j & agent k meet for first time....i give 7/10
Agreed! A must watch movie.. nod.gif
wiNd
post May 27 2012, 03:32 PM

I'm watching you
12,683 posts

3.5/5

not bad....great gfx!
Quick`
post May 27 2012, 04:35 PM

Enthusiast
735 posts

pretty entertaining,feels like pre-sequel of MIB

but saw the dark knight and spidermen trailer..that 2 must watch laugh.gif
[kuaLe]_AGX
post May 27 2012, 04:42 PM

Getting Started
241 posts

Josh Brolin was just like a carbon-copy of young Tommy Lee Jones rclxms.gif
RCrex
post May 27 2012, 07:45 PM

The man who turn impossible to possible...
2,251 posts

great movie...
worth watching

btw anyone realised the part where the alien which is a sprayed paint art at the wall went missing in the movie???
masterelr
post May 27 2012, 08:57 PM

Enthusiast
987 posts

Watched it in IMAX 3D. Wasn't as good as I expected. I guess I was expecting too much. The jokes weren't funny and the action scenes were just not exciting. Good ending though.
Another movie thats a waste of money to watch in 3D.

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0184sec    0.31    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:09 AM