Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Men In Black 1, 2, 3 & International, News:Tommy Lee Jones & Will Smith in 3D? (Movies)

views

TSCalvin871989
post Oct 2 2008, 12:31 AM, updated 5 months ago

Im Batman
1,229 posts

http://io9.com/5056536/men-in-black-3-are-...cky-aliens-left

Men In Black 3: Are There Any More Wacky Aliens Left?

user posted image

Rumors are flying that Men In Black 3 is out there somewhere waiting for the right funding. But seriously, do we need another one of these? Because you know Tommy Lee Jones would do it if offered a paycheck, so the chances of this flick hitting big screens are about 50/50. My only concern is, haven't we tapped out on the whole "talking pug" and "famous people who are aliens" jokes? According to producer Walter Parkes, apparently not.

Parkes told Parade Magazine that MIB3 is only a matter of time:

The challenge is getting the script right and finding a time when our busy stars are available." .... "Everyone, including Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones, wants to do another."

That sounds like something an actor and writer would say to a producer just to change the subject. "Sure I'd do another Men In Black have your people call my people." Then again, Smith did make Hancock.

MIB3 has been chatted about since 2005, but maybe it needed this much time to pass in order for it to make a third coming. But I beg of you — should you decide to bring it back for a third time, make it more like the first with the inter-space politics and seemingly intricate system of extraterrestrial management created by the government. Not just an excuse to see Laura Flynn Boyle in leather.

This post has been edited by Mov_freak: Jun 16 2019, 07:13 PM
TSCalvin871989
post Mar 9 2010, 11:23 PM

Im Batman
1,229 posts

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/19388

'Men in Black 3' Casting to Begin Soon, Names Being Thrown in the Ship

user posted image

Columbia Pictures is officially having conversations regarding their third entry in the Men in Black franchise as we're being told by industry insiders that in addition to Jonah Hex cowboy Josh Brolin likely (still unconfirmed) to star, they've shown strong interest in both Sacha Baron Cohen (Sweeney Todd, Bruno) and Jemaine Clement ("The Flight of the Conchords") for a character named "Yaz" (a new agent?). Neither are locked, this should be taken strictly as rumor for now. Etan Cohen (Tropic Thunder, Igor, Idiocracy) wrote the screenplay. Shooting was originally rumored to begin this spring. The 1997 Men in Black grossed nearly $600m worldwide, while its 2002 sequel took in $440m. Why so long for another sequel? Who knows!

sshahar9
post Mar 11 2010, 06:55 PM

38 posts

hahaha.. i rolfmao when i saw borat poster above. dunno the other dude.

if they wanna use new casting i can only suggest harold and kumar ftw.
seriously, maybe just will smith and tommy lee jones.
Celtica
post Mar 13 2010, 01:31 PM

9 posts

LMFAO at Borat and Jemaine!

I think I would watch that movie!

Will Smith and Tommy already basi.
koolspyda
post Mar 16 2010, 12:24 PM

Getting Started
222 posts

MIB IS Will Smith and Tommy. any other combo duo wont work. certainly not with Sacha Baron Cohen. those fans wont overlap.

if there is MIB 3, hopefully its with another dead pan fella & likely a reduced screen presence of the ori duo.
TSCalvin871989
post Apr 22 2010, 01:11 AM

Im Batman
1,229 posts

http://www.showbiz411.com/wp/2010/04/21/me...with-will-smith

“Men in Black 3-D” Set to Roll with Will Smith

user posted image

I guess it’s official, more or less.

Director Barry Sonnenfeld tells me that “Men in Black 3-D” is ready to roll. Will Smith has signed on, Tommy Lee Jones is in, and a script is awaited.

Yes. I did say 3D. “Men in Black 3″ will be in 3D. Sonnenfeld says it is so. Why not? Everything else is, and this is one movie that might be cool in the process.

Sonnenfeld told me he’d get me a neuralizer–that’s the cigar holder like gizmo that erases memories–but he couldn’t promise it would work! (I love that thing.)

Nevertheless, you can bet Sony is juiced to get this puppy moving since “Spider Man 4″ fell apart. They are in desperate need of a blockbuster for next Memorial Day May 2011. And “Men in Black” is like money in the bank.

I ran into Sonnenfeld, by the way, at Vanity Fair’s annual outdoor cocktail soiree at the New York State Supreme Court building. This is the party that launches the Tribeca Film Festival. Graydon Carter greeted each guest as they climbed the massive stairs to th e portico. Right behind him were Robert DeNiro and Grace Hightower, Jane Rosenthal and Craig Hatkoff, and everyone who’s anyone in town.

That list included Jerry and Jessica Seinfeld, Chazz and Gia Palminteri, Brian Williams, Patricia Clarkson. Google chief Eric Schmidt, Charlie Rose and Amanda Burden, Rob and Marisol Thomas, John McEnroe, Harvey Keitel, Ronald Perelman, Diane von Furstenberg and Barry Diller, Griffin Dunne, Ed Burns and Christy Turlington, Queen Noor of Jordan, Andre Balazs, Andrew McCarthy, John Leguizamo, Veronica Webb, Police Commissioner Ray Kelly, Mayor Mike Bloomberg, city councilwoman Christine Quinn, Drew and Ann Nieporent, and Oscar winning “Precious” screenwriter Geoffrey Fletcher.

Yes. just another night, Vanity Fair style! Later we ran into Uma Thurman having dinner at Carter’s Waverly Inn, while Graydon himself was said to have taken a gang up to (his) Monkey Bar.

And PS: here’s a little gossip from John McEnroe, Wife Patty Smythe, a great rocker before she settled down with John to raise six children, is in Nashville recording her first album in 20 years! Remember “The Warrior?” http://tinyurl.com/
y49cdae

TSCalvin871989
post May 8 2010, 11:55 PM

Im Batman
1,229 posts

http://www.deadline.com/2010/05/will-smith...5-2012-release/

Will Smith Commits To 'Men In Black 3D' Threequel; Sony Sets May 25, 2012 Release

user posted image

EXCLUSIVE: Men in Black 3 is officially a go, and Columbia Pictures will set a May 25, 2012, release date for a sequel that director Barry Sonnenfeld will shoot in 3D. Will Smith has signed his deal to reunite with director Barry Sonnenfeld, and deals are now being negotiated with Tommy Lee Jones and Josh Brolin. An announcement is imminent.

The project has been in the prep stage for some time, but didn't become real until Smith chose it over several "next film" candidates. His decision to put on the sunglasses and dark suit gives Sony a killer 2012: the studio previously set a July 3, 2012 release date for its Spider-Man relaunch, which also will be shot in 3D. Walter Parkes and Laurie MacDonald return as MIB3 producers, and Steven Spielberg will be executive producer.

It has long been expected MIB3 would be next for Smith, who last starred in 2008’s Seven Pounds and then took the time to be a very hands on producer in the China-shot Karate Kid remake that stars his son, Jaden (which Columbia releases June 11). Smith then mulled several star vehicles that included City That Sailed, and I hear that he also contemplated Colossus, the scifi remake that Ron Howard wants to direct for Universal and Imagine.

While Smith pondered his choices, Columbia, Sonnenfeld and MIB3 producers Parkes and MacDonald positioned themselves to be ready. I’m told that Rick Baker has been designing and building the creatures, Bo Welch has been designing the sets, and David Koepp had been polishing a script by Etan Cohen that got this whole thing started. Cohen is back and polishing the shooting draft.

The film will use a time travel element that moves the action from contemporary back to 1969. Brolin will play the younger version of Jones's Agent Kay character. Sony had every reason to be stoked about more MIB, the franchise based on the comic book by Lowell Cunningham. The 1997 original grossed $589 million worldwide, and the 2002 sequel did $442 million in global ticket sales. Those films rank high on Columbia’s all-time gross chart, and the prospect of making an installment that captures the otherworldly creatures in 3D is enticing. Still, many felt another film would be impossible because the gross deals were so prohibitive. I’m told that the principal players showed flexibility. It's still a big-ticket film, and there is plenty of gross out the door. But the deals have built-in hiatus periods that allow the studio to recoup and make money.

That hurdle was overcome some time ago, and it came down to Smith committing. He showed some flexibility by agreeing to a Memorial Day weekend opening. Since Independence Day, Smith has considered July 4 weekend to be his preferred domain for commercial vehicles, but that slot was already occupied by Spider-Man. Then again, Smith has always been shrewd about choosing projects, and he has positioned himself to keep intact his title as world’s biggest box office star.

aiman04
post May 9 2010, 10:30 AM

THX-Certified Geek
2,304 posts

Official press release:

COLUMBIA PICTURES ANNOUNCES

“MEN IN BLACK III” IN 3D

MAY 25, 2012

Walter F. Parkes and Laurie MacDonald Reprise as Producers;

Barry Sonnenfeld Returns to Direct Third Installment of Hit Franchise

Steven Spielberg to Executive Produce

CULVER CITY, Calif., May 7, 2010 – Columbia Pictures announced today that Men in Black III will be released in 3D on May 25, 2012. Walter F. Parkes and Laurie MacDonald are returning to produce and Barry Sonnenfeld, who directed the first two installments of the blockbuster franchise, will direct the film from a screenplay written by Etan Cohen, based on the comic book by Lowell Cunningham. Steven Spielberg is set to executive produce.

Deals are set for Will Smith, Sonnenfeld and the producing team to return to the blockbuster franchise with the intent to begin production by this fall and the studio is in advanced negotiations with Tommy Lee Jones to reprise his role as Agent Kay. Josh Brolin is also in talks to star as a young Agent Kay.

Commenting on the announcement, Jeff Blake, Chairman of Sony Pictures Worldwide Marketing and Distribution said, “Sony’s summer of 2012 will get off to a red hot start with an incredible new 3D adventure for the Men in Black. We couldn’t be more excited that the original filmmaking team responsible for the first two worldwide hits is reuniting for this third installment. We love where the story is taking Agents Jay and Kay and know this new chapter will deliver a fresh fun twist for fans of the franchise while also introducing the Men in Black to a whole new generation of moviegoers.”

The first two Men in Black films, which were released in 1997 and 2002, went on to become two of the most successful films in Columbia Pictures history, taking in more than $1 billion combined worldwide. The first film in the franchise won an Academy Award® for Best Makeup and was nominated for two other Oscars®.

hairyLGS
post Jul 8 2010, 09:17 AM

Getting Started
209 posts

Source:- http://www.beyondhollywood.com/men-in-blac...-a-26-year-old/

Men in Black 3 Plot Details: Time Travel, Josh Brolin as a 26-year Old

The boys at Joblo  recently got some inside dish on the upcoming “Men in Black 3″, the film that will make a gazillion dollars even if it ends up sucking, or if it’s like the first two, is just … eh. Let’s face it, the “MIB” franchise has never been especially excellent cinema; at its best it’s been decent, but at its worst it’s been irrelevant and forgettable. The third film would seem to follow in that trend. Read on below, but turn back now if you are SPOILER-PHOBIC.

- The film will indeed involve time travel, with Agent Jay (Will Smith) traveling back to 1969 to save a 26-year old Agent Kay (to be played by the 42-year old Josh Brolin). How does time travel work in the MIB-verse? By way of an iPhone app, apparently.

- The film’s main bad guy is Yaz (“Flight of the Conchord’s” Jemaine Clement), described as a demon hellspawn/biker. Yaz has time traveled backwards to kill Kay, thus resulting in the end of the world as we know it. Jay has to reverse that.

- Will Smith does some predictable “I’m a black man in 1969!” jokes, we find out a bunch more celebrities are actually aliens (Andy Warhol among them), and I suspect much stuff blows up, shockingly substandard special effects flashes across the screen, and goofiness is had by all.

And so it looks like all that effort to get Tommy Lee Jones back into the sequel is what will probably amount to an extended cameo, since Brolin will be playing Kay for most of the film alongside Smith’s Jay.

Barry Sonnenfeld will return to direct the third installment. He’s directed the previous two.

hairyLGS
post Oct 1 2010, 08:38 AM

Getting Started
209 posts

Source:- http://www.beyondhollywood.com/emma-thomps...men-in-black-3/

Emma Thompson In Talks To Join Men In Black 3

user posted image

Academy Award winner Emma Thompson is negotiating  to join the cast of Sony Pictures Entertainment’s “Men in Black 3”. She will play Oh, a take-charge MIB agent who is monitoring a prison break.

Barry Sonnenfeld is directing David Koepp’s script, which reunites Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones as agents Jay and Kay. Despite the reunion, most of the action takes place in 1969, where Josh Brolin will play a young Kay. Jemaine Clement will play the main villain.

“Men in Black 3” begins shooting in New York later this month.

hairyLGS
post Oct 30 2010, 09:29 AM

Getting Started
209 posts

Source:- http://www.beyondhollywood.com/nicole-sche...n-black-3-role/

Nicole Scherzinger Confirms her Men in Black 3 Role

user posted image

Pussycats Doll and former “Dancing with the Stars” gal Nicole Scherzinger has confirmed that she and Betty White will be making an appearance in “Men in Black 3″ with Will Smith, Josh Brolin, Tommy Lee Jones, and Emma Thompson. The film is expected to commence shooting in December with Barry Sonnenfeld once again directing. The time around, alien menace forces Smith’s character to go back in time to the early days of the MIB.

The loveliest of all the Pussycats fills us in on her role:

My name is Lilly. She’s like a small villain role. I’m so excited because I get to die. I make an appearance. I say a couple of lines and then I die.

Sounds sexy. Or maybe it’s just because Nicole Scherzinger is saying it. Either/or.

hairyLGS
post May 27 2011, 01:09 PM

Getting Started
209 posts

Source:- http://www.beyondhollywood.com/more-set-im...men-in-black-3/

More Set Images from Men in Black 3

user posted image

More set images featuring the multi-million dollar a movie man Will Smith and Josh Brolin (who is probably not making nearly as much) on “Men in Black 3″. Smith reprises his Agent J character in the third film, with Tommy Lee Jones also back as Agent K. Brolin is playing a younger version of Agent K, hopefully one that isn’t so grouchy in his old age. And yes, it involves time-travel, thus the two versions of Agent K. Get all that? Good.

New castmembers include Alice Eve, Emma Thompson, Jemaine Clement as the Big Bad, Bill Hader, and Nicole Scherzinger.

Barry Sonnenfeld, who has directed the previous two “Men in Black” films, also returns for part three.

New pics are in the source. biggrin.gif

hairyLGS
post Dec 1 2011, 01:43 PM

Getting Started
209 posts

Source:- http://www.beyondhollywood.com/thems-lots-...lack-3-posters/

Thems Lots of MIBs in These Here Men in Black 3 Posters

user posted image

Columbia Pictures have released two official teaser posters for Barry Sonnenfeld’s third outing in the “Men in Black” franchise, the appropriately titled “Men in Black 3″. Hey, if it ain’t broke…

The third film returns Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones as the MIB’s ace agents in black shades. The duo are joined by Josh Brolin as the younger version of Tommy Lee Jones (the plot involves time travelin’ shenanigans, as you might expect), and along with Jemaine Clement as the big bad, Emma Thompson as new MIB boss (Rip Torn was, uh, busy, though he’s curiously still listed on IMDB.com as being in the movie, so we’ll see), along with eye candy Nicole Scherzinger and Alice Eve, and some guy name Michael Stuhlbarg.

The posters point to a Facebook page that is meant to be a viral site for the movie but, yes, you can feel free to ignore it, unless you just have a lot of free time on your hands, then by all means, “like” it and follow it. Hey, it’s your free time.

The MIBs return May 25, 2012.

BelowAverage
post Dec 2 2011, 04:09 AM

Regular
1,274 posts

epic epic epic my childhood right here
hairyLGS
post Dec 12 2011, 10:23 PM

Getting Started
209 posts

Source:- http://www.beyondhollywood.com/check-out-t...men-in-black-3/

Check Out the First Trailer for Barry Sonnenfeld’s Men in Black 3

user posted image

If you’ve got some time to kill on this busy Monday morning, perhaps it should be spent watching the first trailer for “Men in Black 3″. Given that I hated “Men in Black 2″, this one really has nowhere to go but up. From the looks of the clip embedded below, the third installment appears to be a lot stronger than its predecessor. Sadly, Josh Brolin doesn’t get much screen time here, though hopefully this problem will be corrected down the road.

Don’t know anything about the sequel? Read this:

In MEN IN BLACK 3, Agents J (Will Smith) and K (Tommy Lee Jones) are back… in time. J has seen some inexplicable things in his 15 years with the Men in Black, but nothing, not even aliens, perplexes him as much as his wry, reticent partner. But when K’s life and the fate of the planet are put at stake, Agent J will have to travel back in time to put things right. J discovers that there are secrets to the universe that K never told him — secrets that will reveal themselves as he teams up with the young Agent K (Josh Brolin) to save his partner, the agency, and the future of humankind.
Although I’m not entirely sold on the film just yet, I am anxious to see more. “Men in Black 3″, which also stars Rosario Dawson, Emma Thompson, Gemma Arterton, Betty White, Jemaine Clement, Rip Torn, Michael Stuhlbarg, Bill Hader, and Nicole Scherzinger, opens on May 25th, 2012.

Theatrical Trailer #1
BelowAverage
post Dec 13 2011, 12:17 AM

Regular
1,274 posts

the plots looks engaging !
JonSpark
post Dec 13 2011, 12:39 AM

Bryn
4,504 posts

I've been waiting for this movie!
vrempire
post Dec 13 2011, 01:12 AM

9 posts

The time travel things inside this trailer looks confusing to me.
Hopefully they will not overdose it....
OperaGhost
post Dec 13 2011, 05:17 PM

Casual
474 posts

Josh brolin looks good as a young agent k. It's been to many yrs since the last mib. Hopefully it's worth the wait!!!
cucumber
post Dec 13 2011, 09:38 PM

Getting Started
290 posts

OMG Can't wait!

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0460sec    7.21    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd October 2019 - 05:14 AM