ya with my wife only

thanks for the link!!

YNWA biggrin.gif
HEHE, YNWA.
yvonnesoo
post Jun 22 2016, 04:43 PM

Wanderluster
2,169 posts

QUOTE(terence88 @ Jun 22 2016, 04:13 PM)
Sure, you can add me as friend in FB. travellers should be friends to each other always. smile.gif
thanks for accepting tongue.gif yeah i love to see traveling pictures. hope to see more from you laugh.gif
bearbear
post Jun 22 2016, 05:44 PM

You'll Never Walk Alone!~!~
All Stars
10,058 posts

Sorry don't feel so comfortable sharing picture of ourself over the net but my detailed itinerary as follows;

We landed into Paris around 830PM; arranged airport shuttle straight to the hotel.

Day 1:
Eiffel Tower
Lunch [Pedra Alta]
Attached Image - This set cost 40 Euros for 2 pax. Can easily feed 3-4 pax.
Arc de Triomphe + walk along Champs Elysees
Tea @ Laduree
Window shopping @ Lafayette (price comparison purpose as we will be going to La Vallee the next day)
Montparnasse Tower - Night view of Paris

Day 2:
La Vallee Outlet shopping
We did nothing much else this day and get back to hotel for rest as we need to wake early for Day 3

Day 3:
Mt St Michel day tour [350km travel each way!!] I hesitated with this initially but because we visited Paris on 1/5 which is one of the major off day for them and most of the attraction are close so I was thinking why not take this opportunity to do this.
Attached Image
Some omelette that seems famous on the island, every restaurant serve this.
Attached Image
Dinner @ Chartier
Attached Image Attached Image

Day 4:
Shopping Day - went to some boutique shop at Saint Germain area for more shopping!
Lunch @ L'escargot [tips - the escargot are very good and there is a lunch menu that is very affordable compared to the ala carte menu]
Attached Image
Stroll around Seine River (Outside The Lourve) then back to Champs Elysees
Night Seine River cruise

Stay - Best Western Hotel Faubourg Saint-Martin
Small room just as you would expect in Paris, 2 stations away from Paris Nord. Basic room come with Nespresso machine (And now my house has one biggrin.gif ) Do note that usually the bfast is not inclusive and they will just tell you where to have bfast but will not inform you of the charge. Do ask if your room rate is inclusive or not.

Chartier is quite easy on the wallet but is very crowded & their table setting makes you feel very uncomfortable, L'escargot serve very good escargot but the price is really expensive so go on the lunch hour for their set lunch.

Best croissant - Liberte Patisserie (I regretted that i did not buy more as i did not know how it taste like when i bought it, it is a neighbour-hood bakery so no table or chairs. Just buy and go)

This post has been edited by bearbear: Jun 22 2016, 05:51 PM
Human Nature
post Jun 22 2016, 06:05 PM

- student of human nature -
All Stars
25,132 posts

QUOTE(bearbear @ Jun 22 2016, 05:44 PM)
La Vallee Outlet shopping
Night Seine River cruise
Do you remember the train details to La Vallee? How's the offer/discounts?

Also, which cruise company? I have narrowed down to http://vedettesdupontneuf.com/cruises/

Any similar stuffs to share for Amsterdam? biggrin.gif
bearbear
post Jun 22 2016, 06:27 PM

All Stars
10,058 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Jun 22 2016, 06:05 PM)
Do you remember the train details to La Vallee? How's the offer/discounts?

Also, which cruise company? I have narrowed down to http://vedettesdupontneuf.com/cruises/

Any similar stuffs to share for Amsterdam?  biggrin.gif
You know the RER A route right? Take to disneyland direction and it is one stop before disneyland (last station)

I think return trips cost 13 euro or so but we bought the Mobilis pass (zone 1-5) which means you can take unlimited train/subway for 16.6 euros.

Well you can look into the brands they have. We spent quite some fair bit on Burberry, managed to get my old man a RL polo tee for 25 Euros (only certain colours) but i believe the offer are very season dependent. Remember to go to the Information Counter for tourist discount once you arrive. During our visit it was additional 10% off but most shops has this minimum spending before you can use the 10% and you also get this for free.

Attached Image

Each person would get tea or cofee with either the flower ice cream or ice cream macaron.

For the Siene river cruise, I also bought in advanced from the same site because they are the cheapest laugh.gif

Compiling my Amsterdam details but i did not spend much time in the city. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by bearbear: Jun 22 2016, 06:29 PM
bearbear
post Jun 22 2016, 06:42 PM

All Stars
10,058 posts

Amsterdam

Day 1

We took an afternoon train into Amsterdam (3 Hours 45 Mins) thus we arrive Amsterdam close to 4PM. The hotel is another 30 mins away by tram so by the time we came back out to town it was close to evening. After some googling decided to have seafood as dinner

Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

After dinner we just walked around and do some grocery shopping (my wife loves it don't ask why haha) and back to the hotel.

Day 2

Took on a trip with Tourist Shuttle to Giethoorn. We stopped by a little town that resemble some 50/60 centuries building with a morning market.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Haring fish - actually taste quite good

Giethoorn - some call it Venice of the north (Only boat to get around in the village, or walk)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

I highly recommend that you take trips with Tourist Shuttle as their guide is very detail, which is something I have expected and the reason i arranged it on our first day so that we can understand Amsterdam better before we explore it on our own.

When we got back to Amsterdam it was already dinner time. It was also the king's birthday so some streets were closed and it was very crowded. We end up at Moeders for dinner. Very uniquely designed place with photo of MUM all over the world.

Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

Day 3
Keukenhof - We went in a little late and should really have gone earlier. You can't really get to see the whole field unless you get out from the Keukenhof area and there is quite some distance. Would be easier if you drive or rent a bike. The boat that goes around the Tulip farms get sold out very quickly so book that first once you arrive. We didn't know and wanted to take the boat at 2PM only to be informed that the next available boat is at 5PM.

Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

Nothing much after we get back to the city, dinner (some random pubs for ribs) and walk around before we get back.

Day 4
Due to leave Amsterdam for Frankfurt in the afternoon so we got out early.

Screaming Beans - coffee

Pancakes Amsterdam
Attached Image

Stay: Corendon Vitality Hotel - 30 mins by train or tram to the city. The reason is solely price as I can't even get a private hostel room for the same price i paid for this hotel. It is a 4 star hotel and is decent. Only 2 minutes walk to nearest train station.

For some reason my wife likes the feel of living in Amsterdam so I've got a feeling we will be back for more laugh.gif

This post has been edited by bearbear: Jun 22 2016, 06:51 PM
Human Nature
post Jun 22 2016, 06:54 PM

All Stars
25,132 posts

Lovely photos...esp the glorious food biggrin.gif

Giethoorn looks awesome but had to cancel the plan as time not permitting. Hard to psycho my trip buddies. And no Keukenhof too as out of tulip season.

I actually like to go some grocery shopping too biggrin.gif prefer to buy back some food stuffs as souvenirs than those trinkets. Planning to get some stroopwafel too.

bearbear
post Jun 22 2016, 07:01 PM

All Stars
10,058 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Jun 22 2016, 06:54 PM)
Lovely photos...esp the glorious food biggrin.gif

Giethoorn looks awesome but had to cancel the plan as time not permitting. Hard to psycho my trip buddies. And no Keukenhof too as out of tulip season.

I actually like to go some grocery shopping too biggrin.gif prefer to buy back some food stuffs as souvenirs than those trinkets. Planning to get some stroopwafel too.
lol that's what happen when we travel, we tend to fix our itinerary based on food. Must taste what they serve best right? tongue.gif

Initially i plan to do the usual windmill / fish village thing but my wife was so hooked onto Giethoorn and since I've been to the windmill / fish village on my previous trips so i let her have it her way.

There is plenty of AH in the city for groceries, we bought so many bottles of freshly pressed orange juice during our stay (it's a machine that you have to operate yourself). I think it cost 4 euros for 1L.
yvonnesoo
post Jun 23 2016, 11:26 AM

Wanderluster
2,169 posts

QUOTE(bearbear @ Jun 22 2016, 06:42 PM)
Giethoorn - some call it Venice of the north (Only boat to get around in the village, or walk)

Keukenhof - We went in a little late and should really have gone earlier. You can't really get to see the whole field unless you get out from the Keukenhof area and there is quite some distance. Would be easier if you drive or rent a bike. The boat that goes around the Tulip farms get sold out very quickly so book that first once you arrive. We didn't know and wanted to take the boat at 2PM only to be informed that the next available boat is at 5PM.
mouth watering foods ya but look like not really suits me as i mostly i don't eat laugh.gif wasted sweat.gif

i like the giethoorn place.. look nice.. it's far from amsterdam city? as for the Tourist Shuttle you mention, how much does it cost?

usually people visit keukenhof on may/june right? btw, do you know the famous windmill area location? it's nearby?

This post has been edited by yvonnesoo: Jun 23 2016, 11:29 AM
bearbear
post Jun 23 2016, 03:08 PM

All Stars
10,058 posts

QUOTE(yvonnesoo @ Jun 23 2016, 11:26 AM)
mouth watering foods ya but look like not really suits me as i mostly i don't eat  laugh.gif  wasted  sweat.gif

i like the giethoorn place.. look nice.. it's far from amsterdam city? as for the Tourist Shuttle you mention, how much does it cost?

usually people visit keukenhof on may/june right? btw, do you know the famous windmill area location? it's nearby?
i think distance is 120KM, Tourist Shuttle charge 79 euro per pax. Depart 9AM arrive back to city 5PM. If you do take the trip they will stop at a fruit farm, try the dried fruit chips - is very nice!!

Keukenhof usually from end March - mid May but very much dependent on weather. I think towards May is the peak.

For wind mill I believe most go for Zaanse Schans

This post has been edited by bearbear: Jun 23 2016, 03:12 PM
yvonnesoo
post Jun 23 2016, 03:58 PM

Wanderluster
2,169 posts

QUOTE(bearbear @ Jun 23 2016, 03:08 PM)
i think distance is 120KM, Tourist Shuttle charge 79 euro per pax. Depart 9AM arrive back to city 5PM. If you do take the trip they will stop at a fruit farm, try the dried fruit chips - is very nice!!

Keukenhof usually from end March - mid May but very much dependent on weather. I think towards May is the peak.

ahh.. thanks.. btw, the price for the tourist shuttle is return trip right? it's possible to travel by ourselves and not using the tourist shuttle? hmm.gif

i only have 3 days in amsterdam. do you suggest that i go for the tourist shuttle n the windmill place? or i better focus attractions in the city?
bearbear
post Jun 23 2016, 04:14 PM

All Stars
10,058 posts

QUOTE(yvonnesoo @ Jun 23 2016, 03:58 PM)
ahh.. thanks.. btw, the price for the tourist shuttle is return trip right? it's possible to travel by ourselves and not using the tourist shuttle?  hmm.gif

i only have 3 days in amsterdam. do you suggest that i go for the tourist shuttle n the windmill place? or i better focus attractions in the city?
yes return, if you have the pax you may rent & drive. I think public transport takes too long. (involve train & bus)

it's up to you actually. if you have plans of 3 days activities in city then just avoid going out.
yvonnesoo
post Jun 23 2016, 05:49 PM

Wanderluster
2,169 posts

QUOTE(bearbear @ Jun 23 2016, 04:14 PM)
yes return, if you have the pax you may rent & drive. I think public transport takes too long. (involve train & bus)

it's up to you actually. if you have plans of 3 days activities in city then just avoid going out.
thanks for your feedback. i will try to figure out my itinerary smile.gif
Human Nature
post Jun 23 2016, 10:44 PM

All Stars
25,132 posts

QUOTE(bearbear @ Jun 23 2016, 03:08 PM)

any link for the tourist shuttle? also, do you make reservation before hand or walk in? thanks
bearbear
post Jun 23 2016, 11:07 PM

All Stars
10,058 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Jun 23 2016, 10:44 PM)
any link for the tourist shuttle? also, do you make reservation before hand or walk in? thanks
http://www.tourist-shuttle.com/

Just send in a request. I did not get a response for a week so i FB them. or you can email them at info@tourist-shuttle.com

They only operate certain tour on certain days, payment is by cash when you join the tour.
Human Nature
post Jun 23 2016, 11:15 PM

All Stars
25,132 posts

QUOTE(bearbear @ Jun 23 2016, 11:07 PM)
http://www.tourist-shuttle.com/

Just send in a request. I did not get a response for a week so i FB them. or you can email them at info@tourist-shuttle.com

They only operate certain tour on certain days, payment is by cash when you join the tour.
thanks. will show this to my friend. i actually have one free day in amsterdam, dont know what else to do biggrin.gif
highrisk
post Jun 25 2016, 01:53 PM

0 posts

Going to Europe (amsterdam-brussels-bruges-paris) during school holiday 10-18 Sep with family and friends...anyone else heading there?
yvonnesoo
post Jun 27 2016, 11:19 AM

Wanderluster
2,169 posts

QUOTE(highrisk @ Jun 25 2016, 01:53 PM)
Going to Europe (amsterdam-brussels-bruges-paris) during school holiday 10-18 Sep with family and friends...anyone else heading there?
will be in amsterdam around that week also.. tongue.gif
ragk
post Jun 27 2016, 11:48 AM

BooBoo~
2,265 posts

Hi,

Would like to know if i ready RM8000 in my ATM card for cash withdrawal purpose, for about 2.5-3 months travel period, would it be enough? For all other transaction i will be using credit card, as i heard u can use credit card on almost everything in Europe
bearbear
post Jun 28 2016, 11:41 PM

All Stars
10,058 posts

My most adventurous ride till date

Zip rider @ Grinderwald biggrin.gif

125 Pages « < 119 120 121 122 123 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0328sec    0.72    6 queries    GZIP Disabled