Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> FitFlop

Polaris
post Sep 22 2008, 09:17 AM

Trust Fund Baby
Group: Senior Member

FitFlop midsoles incorporate patent-pending micro-wobbleboardTM technology, to give you a workout while you walk. Developed by Darren James and Dr David Cook at LSBU, the FitFlop's unique safely -tapered midsole places varying densities of EVA under your feet each time you step, to challenge the support and balance muscles of the foot and leg.

They challenge hard to reach muscles more. FitFlops are engineered with a multi-density midsole that stimulates your muscles more while you're wearing them. In independent University testing, FitFlops have been shown to trigger increase gluteal muscle response, increased hamstring response, increase rectus femoris (thigh) response and increased calf muscle response .

Every step you take in your FitFlops helps tone and trim your legs: Studies at Salford University by Dr. Philip Graham-Smith and Richard Jones have shown that the FitFlop midsole extends the amount of time that the slow twitch* muscles are engaged during each step (by approximately 10-12%). So just by wearing a pair of FitFlops you'll get more exercise while doing just exactly what you're normally doing. (*slow twitch muscles produce energy by converting fats into energy aerobically)

FitFlops work your bum muscles more. FitFlops have been proven to increase the amount of time that the gluteus maximus muscle is 'activated' during every single step.

FitFlops have been shown to have a significant effect on the toning muscles of your thighs: The rectus femoris muscle (one of the large muscles in the group of muscles in your thigh) is activated for a longer period of time while walking in FitFlops than while normally shod or barefoot .

Walking in FitFlops is like walking barefoot, but a little bit better. According to a study done at the University of Salford in Manchester, UK, the FitFlop wearer's gait is very similar to that of a barefoot walker, but the added cushion provided by the EVA midsole helps reduce joint strain and absorb shock. In fact, several FitFlop wearers have already reported relief from back pain after a few days of wearing them.

FitFlops make it easier to stay in shape. Just throw them on while you're running errands, walking to work, or working around your house. Most first-time FitFlop wearers report feeling their muscles working more, while 'fitter' wearers feedback has been more toward great comfort and cushion. One woman reported feeling like she'd had a 'bum-blasting' workout after a half an hour of FitFlop-shod walking.
Not available in Malaysia at the moment *sigh*

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
kimhoong
post Sep 22 2008, 12:29 PM

Walking corpse in the office
Group Icon
Football Lounge
Group: Elite

Interesting, but too bad most of the reviews are from girls. Is this product made for females only?

Here's a site says it does not work tongue.gif

http://realwomensfitness.com/womens-appare...tone-your-legs/

This post has been edited by kimhoong: Sep 22 2008, 11:54 PM
+Quote Post
jchong
post Sep 22 2008, 12:45 PM

I too am skeptical about such "miracle products" but who knows.

One trouble I have with that review you linked to is the author hasn't tried it out and is just relying on theory to debunk it. Then again who knows if the theory behind the FitFlop is sound or not.
+Quote Post
Imzadi
post Sep 23 2008, 07:03 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

I have a pair of FitFLops. They don't tone/trim the legs la. But they're REALLY REALLY comfortable!
+Quote Post
Polaris
post Sep 23 2008, 07:47 PM

Trust Fund Baby

Some reader comments from a newsweek article,

Posted By: red_donna @ 06/14/2008 12:10:04 PM
Comment: I bought my fitflops about a month ago. My calves and thighs are tighter and my butt is getting quite hard. I wear the shoes in the house and when I go out. They are very comfortable and I think they are working. I have no foot pain and recommend them highly.

Posted By: red_donna @ 06/14/2008 12:05:01 PM
Comment: I bought my fitflops about a month ago. I wear them in the house and when I go out. They are so comfortable. When I do take them off an go barefoot, it is hard to believe how hard the floor or ground really is. My calves, thighs are much tighter and my butt is getting hard as a rock. I am basically a sedentary person so I love the idea of exercising with fitflops. I say run, don't walk, to get your pair.

Posted By: aservati @ 06/12/2008 2:36:50 PM
Comment: I bought my fitflops to wear on a busy vacation in Southern California. We did Disney, Universal Studios, San Diego Zoo, Huntington Beach, Seaworld and Hollywood all in the course of a week. My feet NEVER hurt even tho we did all that walking. Regardless of whether they shape my legs, they are by far the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn and I recommend them highly.

Posted By: JOCARP @ 06/10/2008 11:05:59 PM

Comment: I WALKED ALL OVER NEW YORK CITY FOR THREE DAYS IN MY FITFLOPS AND NEVER HAD ANY FEET PROBLEMS!!! AND I'M SEVENTY THREE!! I HAVE TWO PAIR AND I LOVE THEM!

http://www.newsweek.com/id/32749
Makes me so wanna get one
+Quote Post
jchong
post Sep 23 2008, 09:31 PM

QUOTE(Imzadi @ Sep 23 2008, 07:03 PM)
I have a pair of FitFLops. They don't tone/trim the legs la. But they're REALLY REALLY comfortable!
Where did you get them from?
+Quote Post
Imzadi
post Sep 23 2008, 11:37 PM

Getting Started

London. They sell them in Australia too.
+Quote Post
jchong
post Sep 24 2008, 01:42 PM

Thanks.
+Quote Post
kwackers
post Oct 12 2011, 12:28 PM

Getting Started

Full Article

Highlights:

‎"We tested the RPE (rate of perceived exertion), which is basically how hard one is working; and oxygen consumption, how much oxygen you take in vs. being at rest; and caloric expenditure, and we found no significant difference between any of the shoes," said Stephanie Tepper, a member of the Wisconsin La Crosse research team. "So the toning shoes definitely don't do more than the regular running shoe."

Based on the data compiled by his team, Porcari advises against buying toning shoes based on the belief that they are going to sculpt your lower body or burn extra calories.

"That's absolutely wrong," he said.
+Quote Post
nivlanauk
post Oct 12 2011, 12:36 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(kwackers @ Oct 12 2011, 12:28 PM)
Full Article

Highlights:

‎"We tested the RPE (rate of perceived exertion), which is basically how hard one is working; and oxygen consumption, how much oxygen you take in vs. being at rest; and caloric expenditure, and we found no significant difference between any of the shoes," said Stephanie Tepper, a member of the Wisconsin La Crosse research team. "So the toning shoes definitely don't do more than the regular running shoe."

Based on the data compiled by his team, Porcari advises against buying toning shoes based on the belief that they are going to sculpt your lower body or burn extra calories.

"That's absolutely wrong," he said.
revival of the dead thrad biggrin.gif

Anyway good info. I never trust such "miracles".
+Quote Post
tenno
post Oct 12 2011, 01:12 PM

Livestrong

U guys know those Reebok Tone shoes? In the US there's already a lawsuit against Reebok for that shoes..citing false health claims. & another lawsuit pending against those Skechers shoes, also for making false claims.
+Quote Post
H4XF4XTOR
post Oct 12 2011, 09:15 PM

【ツ】U JELLY? 【ツ】

QUOTE(tenno @ Oct 12 2011, 01:12 PM)
U guys know those Reebok Tone shoes? In the US there's already a lawsuit against Reebok for that shoes..citing false health claims. & another lawsuit pending against those Skechers shoes, also for making false claims.
so all of this are part of marketing strategy only?
+Quote Post
tenno
post Oct 12 2011, 10:53 PM

Livestrong

QUOTE(H4XF4XTOR @ Oct 12 2011, 09:15 PM)
so all of this are part of marketing strategy only?
Yup. The lawsuit alleges that the claims made by Reebok is false, the benefits listed are too good to be true& not backed by any scientific studies.
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0770sec    2.70    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 08:14 PM