Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

choosing carreer as safety officer, confuse about course EDOSH & OUM

views

syedzainal87
post Feb 7 2013, 11:37 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(vult2res @ Dec 2 2011, 04:22 PM)
Im currently employed as SSS for a construction company in KL. I attended the SHO course organized by NIOSH few months back and I'd say my current salary is much much more satisfying than my previous job as an engineer. It was worth the investment of 4k which of course you have to pay for the course fees, but after you get a job as safety personel with a salary of more than 4k, you will be more than satisfied already. however, to be a SHO or SSS, i'd say be prepared to handle the huge responsibilities which the management will put on your shoulder. sometimes, you will have to be the decision maker especially on safety issues. safety issue on site or any other working place is a no joke issue as it will affect the whole project/work if shit happens. If you have the TAK APA attitude, then forget about becoming SHO/SSS. In addition to have a good communication skill is a plus coz you gonna communicate with all levels from the bosses to the general workers. hope this will enlighten all dudes/dudettes who wanna jump into this field. cheers!!
Hi

Do you mind to share your email , i would like to ask you few this about OSH- and i will start my class on 2 march. here's my email syedzainal87@yahoo.com

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0149sec    0.17    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:50 AM