Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Delivery of vacant possession, What matters should I pay attention to?

kswong77
post Sep 15 2008, 02:10 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Dear All,

I have just received the notification from the developer last week regarding the completed of final stage construction of the property and the application for the Certificate of Fitness for Occupation has been submitted to the appropriate authority. Therefore, the vacant possession can now be delivered to me.

In this letter itself, it also mentioned that upon full settlement of purchase price, interest charges and all outstanding miscellaneous payment, they will then arrange the actual day convenient to both parties for collection of key.

So, may I know what is the procedures up to collection of key and matters should I pay attention to?

And I am don't understand why the developer charge me the maintenance of services for RM300 and quit rent of RM17.26. The maintenance services amount is charged by developer for provide services, such as refuse collection, cleaning of public drains and grass cutting, as from the date the purchaser takes vacant possession until such services are taken over by the appropriate authority (i.e MBSA). Do I really need to pay these?

Thanks for your advice.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
adrianocy
post Sep 15 2008, 02:14 PM

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

Yes, else they dun giv u key.
+Quote Post
myhat
post Sep 15 2008, 02:20 PM

Enthusiast

yup u need to pay all that
maintenance charge is considered common
inclusive of all cost involved within the period of completion of the house until the day they give u the key
whether cost for grass cutting, hiring security to look after ur house...etc...

procedure?
as far as i know...
just go to the developer office
make payment...sign few documents...
then they will arrange time for key collection
please read carefully all the terms and condition applied on each document that u signed during that payment process
including issues related to renovation...warranty...etc

then...
during key collection...
normally they will inspect the house together with u
to identify problems and to rectify that all in proper condition...windows...lock set...doors...water tap....
and this is the time for u to complain directly if u found out that there are problems with ur house...
please make sure that reps from the developer that gave key to u will note down all the problems that u found on-the-spot..
so that they won't argue back in future saying that things was OK when they gave u the key...some more the developer refuse to fix those problems for u....

This post has been edited by myhat: Sep 15 2008, 04:04 PM
+Quote Post
johnsonm
post Sep 15 2008, 03:40 PM

Getting Started

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/385900

very helpful guide to checking for defects.

also, please make sure all your payments are made or else the developer will not release the keys to you.
+Quote Post
n73me
post Sep 15 2008, 03:47 PM

Casual

congrats on your new property. smile.gif
myhat basically summed up what i have experienced biggrin.gif
there is a checklist for home defect in this forum, go through it and you will have a rough idea what to expect
+Quote Post
namza68
post Jul 10 2012, 02:23 PM

Group: New Member

Just got my VP letter from developer. I've bought new double storey terrace house in Sungai Petani at RM190K and this useful information will help me very much indeed. Thanks a lot.
+Quote Post
peri peri
post Jul 17 2012, 11:38 AM

i like hot hot chick

QUOTE(namza68 @ Jul 10 2012, 02:23 PM)
Just got my VP letter from developer. I've bought new double storey terrace house in Sungai Petani at RM190K and this useful information will help me very much indeed. Thanks a lot.
make sure u take the key earlier as the defect liability is running concurrently on your VP date.
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0426sec    1.27    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 01:05 AM