Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Movies Child's Play (Remake), Making it darker... JUST LIKE BATMAN!

views

TSfiredauz
post Sep 9 2008, 11:09 AM, updated 16y ago

Kopitiam Official Astronaut
876 posts

Sauce: http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=7637

Mancini and Kirschner on the Child's Play Remake

ShockTillYouDrop.com talked exclusively to Don Mancini and David Kirschner about Tuesday's release of Child's Play: Chucky's 20th Birthday Edition on DVD and naturally, talk turned to the remake that is in the works. Here's a clip:

Mancini: Naturally, I don't want to say too much. A lot of the Chuck mythology was reworked by David and Tom Holland - specifically the voodoo aspect but also the specific detail of Chucky being possessed by the soul of a serial killer, which is distinct from my script where he was the living embodiment of the kid's Id. All of the stuff in the movie is such an intrinsic part of the mythology I think it would be misguided to stray from that too far. We have ways and ideas of making that darker. Darker, we believe, than the original movie.

Thank you, Christopher Nolan! rclxms.gif

Hollywood now even try to adapt 2 different trends into one: remakes + dark = dark remakes laugh.gif
maximus85
post Sep 9 2008, 12:09 PM

O.M.F.G~!!!
605 posts

omg...

i love childs play...

still remember the good old days when watching it wif my brother...

must grab a bolster and pillow when watching coz too scare to watch some of the scenes... ph34r.gif

seems like rebooting movie franchise is the current trend huh... laugh.gif
TSfiredauz
post Sep 9 2008, 12:24 PM

Kopitiam Official Astronaut
876 posts

'Comic adaptation and old movie remakes'-trend --> http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/685763
'Dark'-theme @ Nolan's Batman trend --> http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/781878

Child's Play is both Remakes & Dark laugh.gif
QuickSilverV3
post Jun 16 2009, 03:55 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

when will the movie gonna release cause i am thinking of getting this dolls....
Mov_freak
post Jun 27 2019, 02:17 AM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

Child's Play (2019)

Child's Play is a 2019 American horror film directed by Lars Klevberg and written by Tyler Burton Smith, serving as a remake and reboot of the 1988 film of the same title. The film stars Gabriel Bateman, Aubrey Plaza and Brian Tyree Henry, with Mark Hamill as the voice of Chucky, following a family that is terrorized by a high-tech doll that rejects its programming, becoming self-aware and murderous.

The film was officially announced in July 2018, and is the first film featuring Chucky produced without the involvement of creator Don Mancini or actor Brad Dourif. Klevberg and Smith signed on as director and screenwriter, respectively, alongside It producers Seth Grahame-Smith and David Katzenberg.

The film was theatrically released in the United States on June 21, 2019, by Orion Pictures through the United Artists Releasing joint-venture, marking the first Child's Play film since Seed of Chucky not to be produced nor distributed by Universal Pictures. The film received mixed reviews from critics, who praised the cast performance, clever kills, and dark humor, but criticized the inconsistent tone, Chucky's design and the puppet effects.

(excerpt from Wikipedia)
Mov_freak
post Jun 27 2019, 02:25 AM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

Child's Play (2019)

Orion... That is one logo one has not seen for a long time at the cinemas...

I love this movie

I have said all the long, if you want to reboot something, have something new to say about it.

Honest;y, I don't think I have ever watch the original Child's Play (1988).

Why? I felt it was.... to tacky. Yes, I understand tacky...

This movie plays on mad science, rather than paranormal.

Chucky is a faulty A.I. robot companion that went cuckoo.

And the way it "learnt" how to be violent, is because it's owner made it watch, horror/slasher movies (behind the owner's mom's back). laugh.gif Anyone here remember the point in time they watched movies they know their parents do not want them to watch??!

I was surprise to find Mark Hamill voicing Chucky (he did great)

So did all the cast member.

Chucky's owner, Andy (played by Gabriel Bateman) (not sure if they are punking Disney) is really good.

You may remember him from Lights Out (2016)

For the completist reading this please do note I notice 2 cuts in this movie (censorship)

Do note that they were neatly done and not the kind that goes... guy is going to kiss the girl, and the next scene, the guys is putting on his shirt, turns his head to see girl sleep on the bed, and than stands up and walk out of the room, kinda horrible cut... laugh.gif

Do also not that this movie is rather... gore. SO be warned.

So, what is the take away for this movie?
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Well, ladies and gentleman, I think this is a great horror movie and you should watch it, if it is your cup of tea.

I humbly submit for your light ready...

My Two Sen

defaultname365
post Jun 27 2019, 02:33 PM

Windows® 8.1 | Xbox 360™ | PlayStation® 4
1,097 posts

Surprised it wasn't 'butchered' by critics... seems like it has turned out to be a really decent reboot.

I watched the original "Child's Play" when I was a kid icon_question.gif and it became a classic to me.

The numerous sequels didn't really do justice.

Mov_freak
post Jun 27 2019, 07:34 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

Yes, was pleasantly surprised by how enjoyable and "shocking" (gore) this movie is.

Kudos
ray148
post Jul 2 2019, 01:39 AM

Casual
445 posts

Man this movie is alot of fun, really didn't expect that. Weird how this and that new Annabelle movie went in the fun horror route.
chenyun257
post Jul 3 2019, 02:19 AM

29 posts

if close all the wifi can chucky kill them?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0125sec    0.25    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:08 PM