Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please provide proper description when you report a post. Report button abuse will earn you an automatic warn + suspension.

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Setting Guide for Your Aztech model DSL605EW

tyreal88
post Sep 8 2008, 02:00 PM

Group: New Member

Setting up Aztech DSL605EW

I think that many of you guys(and girls) should know how to connect through the internet with this model and if not, here is what you should do:

If you have just purchased your new Aztech modem with this model, here is what you should do to connect to the internet

Open a browser and go to http://192.168.1.1
Enter admin as the Username and Password in the Log In Authenication page.

Under Basic Menu, click Quick Start. Enter the Username and Password for your Internet account and then click connect.

This is taken from the guide paper in the Aztech modem box you bought if you haven`t thrown it away.

Now for the good part. I have got this problem before and now, I am here to share it with you all. I know that many people can`t seem to connect to the internet using this model through wirelessly. It is because of the settings. This is where I will help you out.

Please note that this is a guide for Aztech Modem model DSL605EW only. I am not sure about other Aztech models so dont ask me.

To set up wireless for this Aztech model

On your left, point at the Wireless and click on Setup. Look at your Primary SSID.
Change the Primary SSID into something else and then click Apply.

Again on your left, click on Save Settings and hold on for a few seconds.

Next, point at Wireless and click on Security. In this security setting, you will see the Encryption key. Change the first Encryption Key using only alphabets from A-F and/or any numbers. The key MUST be only 10 words long, no more, no less. (This will be your password for your wireless so remember it. Those who wish to connect through this modem using wireless must have the password). Don`t ask why it must be that way, I will let you know if I know

Click on Apply and then click on Save Settings on your left and all will be set.

If you don’t want to limit the connection with a password, you can always turn off the security feature by going to the Wireless > Security. On your left, you will see the word None. Choose that and click Apply and then Save Settings and you are good to go.

Have fun with your wireless connection.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ppguy2006
post Sep 11 2008, 11:24 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(tyreal88 @ Sep 8 2008, 02:00 PM)
Setting up Aztech DSL605EW

I think that many of you guys(and girls) should know how to connect through the internet with this model and if not, here is what you should do:

If you have just purchased your new Aztech modem with this model, here is what you should do to connect to the internet

Under Basic Menu, click Quick Start. Enter the Username and Password for your Internet account and then click connect.

This is taken from the guide paper in the Aztech modem box you bought if you haven`t thrown it away.

Now for the good part. I have got this problem before and now, I am here to share it with you all. I know that many people can`t seem to connect to the internet using this model through wirelessly. It is because of the settings. This is where I will help you out.

Please note that this is a guide for Aztech Modem model DSL605EW only. I am not sure about other Aztech models so dont ask me.

To set up wireless for this Aztech model

On your left, point at the Wireless and click on Setup. Look at your Primary SSID.
Change the Primary SSID into something else and then click Apply.

Again on your left, click on Save Settings and hold on for a few seconds.

Next, point at Wireless and click on Security. In this security setting, you will see the Encryption key. Change the first Encryption Key using only alphabets from A-F and/or any numbers. The key MUST be only 10 words long, no more, no less. (This will be your password for your wireless so remember it. Those who wish to connect through this modem using wireless must have the password). Don`t ask why it must be that way, I will let you know if I know

Click on Apply and then click on Save Settings on your left and all will be set.

If you don’t want to limit the connection with a password, you can always turn off the security feature by going to the Wireless > Security. On your left, you will see the word None. Choose that and click Apply and then Save Settings and you are good to go.

Have fun with your wireless connection.
Hityreal88

Thank you for sharing.
However, i got an error when i want to change the first Encryption Key using only alphabets from A-F and/or any numbers.I use exactly 10 alphabets and combination of numbers alphabets.It still return me an error.

Error message:Invalid WEP Key 0 ...Reverting to previous configuration

anyone know how to solve it?

+Quote Post
francischuahcw
post Sep 11 2008, 11:26 PM

Retired. Do Not Disturb
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(ppguy2006 @ Sep 11 2008, 11:24 PM)
Hityreal88

Thank you for sharing.
However, i got an error when i want to change the first Encryption Key using only alphabets from A-F and/or any numbers.I use exactly 10 alphabets and combination of numbers alphabets.It still return me an error.

Error message:Invalid WEP Key 0 ...Reverting to previous configuration

anyone know how to solve it?
try reset your modem and reconfigure again.

NOTE TO TS:
Thanks for that particular information

nice bump for you

+Quote Post
tyreal88
post Oct 2 2008, 02:25 PM

Haha, thank you for your appreciation ^ ^
+Quote Post
iRonTech
post Oct 3 2008, 03:01 PM

Access Denied
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(francischuahcw @ Sep 11 2008, 11:26 PM)
try reset your modem and reconfigure again.

NOTE TO TS:
Thanks for that particular information

nice bump for you
is the wifi wep password must follow the default sequence? eg: ii rr oo nn tt ? cant set as irontech ?

i bought one this same model, the wifi LED not turn on, check settings AP is selected, suppose visible by my laptop. although i manufacture reset the router few times still can't...any idea?
+Quote Post
tyreal88
post Nov 2 2008, 01:56 PM

Change the first Encryption Key using only alphabets from A-F and/or any numbers.

Note that? I dont know why either, as long as your password is like that can already.....e.g aaabbcdd22

irontech wont be able to work because there is the R and O and so on that not "workable" somehow....(ask the manufacturer why)
+Quote Post
Mangosteen
post Nov 3 2008, 04:18 PM

1-9 and A-F becoz it follows the hexadecimal numbering...thats why...

correct me if im wrong hehe
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0371sec    3.02    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 09:13 AM