189 posts

Still using my C7s.

touristking
post Apr 7 2021, 03:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,450 posts

QUOTE(RobA4 @ Apr 7 2021, 08:19 AM)
Still using my C7s.
Used to attend those HiFi shows. Seen some very expensive stuff. But for vocal easy listening, the most memorable I heard was a Harbeth in a simple setup by an older man who have this "couldn't-care-attitude". It sure is not sexy looking but the sound is really something to remember.

keithwwk
post Apr 8 2021, 10:28 AM

36 posts

The older Harbeth surely sound something special which might not impress but slowly creeping in your mind, like it or not is another matter. Not sure on newer Harbeth from "plus" onward.. some commented it is more transparent or some said bright. The is also comment on DX sound duller...Very subjective indeed.

Due to my hall size, I am listen with full tuning in and grill on. This is the best position I get good bass augment and spacious sound stage with good snap on vocal image. Bare wire direct in to the speaker pot with great result.
gobiomani
post Apr 9 2021, 05:54 PM

Casual
466 posts

QUOTE(keithwwk @ Apr 8 2021, 10:28 AM)
The older Harbeth surely sound something special which might not impress but slowly creeping in your mind, like it or not is another matter. Not sure on newer Harbeth from "plus" onward.. some commented it is more transparent or some said bright. The is also comment on DX sound duller...Very subjective indeed.

Due to my hall size, I am listen with full tuning in and grill on. This is the best position I get good bass augment and spacious sound stage with good snap on vocal image. Bare wire direct in to the speaker pot with great result.
With all the modern speakers now, do the old (or new) Harbeths still compete especially since they are so expensive whether old or new.
Does the LS50 sound better since it's supposedly inspired by the original BBC monitors?
keithwwk
post Apr 10 2021, 12:23 PM

36 posts

QUOTE(gobiomani @ Apr 9 2021, 05:54 PM)
With all the modern speakers now, do the old (or new) Harbeths still compete especially since they are so expensive whether old or new.
Does the LS50 sound better since it's supposedly inspired by the original BBC monitors?
This is very subjective have to ask oneself. There is no correct answer. As the old say follow your heart.

This post has been edited by keithwwk: Apr 10 2021, 12:24 PM
keithwwk
post Nov 25 2022, 11:22 AM

36 posts

Hey guys....times flies 2022 coming to end soon...how you all doing? Still enjoying music with your Harbeth?

Yes, I am still with my SHL5 30th Ann. Loving it. Just recently added a Marantz NA-11S1 use as DAC listen to my CD collection. What a worthwhile piece of equipment to acquire it let my 5s sing even better than ever. rclxms.gif One of my friend being poisoned and bought a same DAC as well devil.gif devil.gif

Stay safe and enjoy music with good health to all cool.gif

Listen with grille on thumbsup.gif

user posted image
TSRobA4
post Dec 30 2022, 10:43 AM

Getting Started
189 posts

Hi all, time sure flies.

So I suddenly had the urge to upgrade from my C7s, then I saw the price for the latest SHL5.

Wow!!!

Is it worth it???

5 Pages « < 3 4 5Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0150sec    0.42    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:12 PM