views

poison arrow
post Apr 16 2009, 03:13 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

QUOTE(kkthen @ Apr 15 2009, 12:51 PM)
not yet. But I love harbeth hl5 sound.

Added on April 15, 2009, 1:05 pm

Hello, keithwwk. After i contact Roland, he said cannot demo LFD zero LE & harbeth because don't  have any stock of LFD zero. He recommend me to contact you. May I know your system in JB or Singapore, can I visit you  for audition? I want to know how musical of LFD+harbeth combo, thanks.
hello there kkthen,

where are your exact location? if you are around northern area, i am more than willing to show you the LFD Zero 111 and Harbeth shl5 ( 30th anniversary ) I am located in Penang and give me a tinkle when you have time.

ps: my listening room might not be perfect but you can feel the difference

churz

Added on April 16, 2009, 4:28 pm
QUOTE(kkthen @ Apr 15 2009, 12:51 PM)
not yet. But I love harbeth hl5 sound.

Added on April 15, 2009, 1:05 pm

Hello, keithwwk. After i contact Roland, he said cannot demo LFD zero LE & harbeth because don't  have any stock of LFD zero. He recommend me to contact you. May I know your system in JB or Singapore, can I visit you  for audition? I want to know how musical of LFD+harbeth combo, thanks.
hello there kkthen,

where are your exact location? if you are around northern area, i am more than willing to show you the LFD Zero 111 and Harbeth shl5 ( 30th anniversary ) I am located in Penang and give me a tinkle when you have time.

churz

This post has been edited by poison arrow: Apr 16 2009, 04:28 PM
kkthen
post Apr 17 2009, 02:41 PM

On my way
571 posts

QUOTE(poison arrow @ Apr 16 2009, 03:13 PM)

churz
:) I am From KL. IF i got time, I am sure to go Penang to visit you. Can you pm your phone number to me, I have many question to ask you. actually I am planning to visit my friend at JB next month. IF someone can show me the LFD Zero 111 at Johor & I like it , I will direct go to singapore to get one from roland.

aawcy
post Apr 17 2009, 02:55 PM

Getting Started
176 posts

How was the bass extension for C7 ES-3?Can it comparable to floorstander?i love deep and tight bass...i wonder if C7ES-3 excel in that area...
keithwwk
post Apr 17 2009, 10:17 PM

36 posts

Hi take-one and hakka bro,

I will share more Harbeth/LFD combo here when I got time. Recently I am very buzy. smile.gif

Hi kkthen,

I saw your post here and echoloft pm. I replied you thru pm too. Pls check.
Due to busy work, weekend support and also Queen reason (my wife, I mean sweat.gif ), I need to know will you come alone and what time will you coming because I need to pre-arrange my work and talk to my wife 1st before I can commited to you on the date. Pls take this off line.

IMHO, as for the LFD sound, I must say, if you really want to know the LE III full potential, you shld visit Roland directly. His listening hall is really good enough for every one to judge LFD sound due to zero booming in bass in that hall. According to Roland, new LE III shippment will arrive by next month (May). It is really worth for you to make a trip down to visit him.

Allow me to talk a bit...as for Harbeth + LFD sound, Harbeth was paired with LFD in recent hifi shows like the M40.1 with LFD PA3 and the new LFD NCSE amp in CES with Harbeth new P3R. UK stereonow still demo the M40.1 with LFD and now the M40.1 is back ordered. There is a real synergy betwwen Harbeth and LFD.

Cheers smile.gif

HFW article: see attachment (Below)

LFD with P3R
http://www.my-hiend.com/vbb/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=677
user posted image

Added on April 17, 2009, 10:49 pm
QUOTE(aawcy @ Apr 17 2009, 02:55 PM)
How was the bass extension for C7 ES-3?Can it comparable to floorstander?i love deep and tight bass...i wonder if C7ES-3 excel in that area...
Hi aawcy,

I can not share you much on this due to huge difference in our taste. I am a 90% classical musics + 10% of Jazz and vocal listener.

But, to allow me to talk a bit... sweat.gif

IMHO, the way Harbeth play Rock or Techno is very very differnet from what you heard (if any) from US, France or Canada speakers. Harbeth will not give you chest whacking mid bass and ground shaking deep bass. If you like deep and tight bass, my adivse for you is to look else way. I know few Harbethians like to play Rock, but, to me, Harbeth rock in very civilised way that some Rockers can not appreciate.

If you value "correct" or "right" timbre accuracy and tonal purity of instrucments (e.g, color of sax, violin, wooden feeling of cello, skin tighness of a drum) and human voices, Harbeth is for you. If you value only bass whacking and deep low bass to shake wall or floor, you need only US or Canada speakers like JBL or PSB.

Bring all your favourite albums to Tropical Audio there is the best way for you to know the answer.

Cheers!

This post has been edited by keithwwk: Apr 17 2009, 10:50 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
aawcy
post May 10 2009, 10:24 PM

Getting Started
176 posts

QUOTE(keithwwk @ Apr 17 2009, 10:17 PM)
Hi take-one and hakka bro,

I will share more Harbeth/LFD combo here when I got time. Recently I am very buzy.  smile.gif
Hi kkthen,

I saw your post here and echoloft pm. I replied you thru pm too. Pls check.
Due to busy work, weekend support and also Queen reason (my wife, I mean sweat.gif  ), I need to know will you come alone and what time will you coming because I need to pre-arrange my work and talk to my wife 1st before I can commited to you on the date. Pls take this off line.

IMHO, as for the LFD sound, I must say, if you really want to know the LE III full potential, you shld visit Roland directly. His listening hall is really good enough for every one to judge LFD sound due to zero booming in bass in that hall. According to Roland, new LE III shippment will arrive by next month (May). It is really worth for you to make a trip down to visit him.
Allow me to talk a bit...as for Harbeth + LFD sound, Harbeth was paired with LFD in recent hifi shows like the M40.1 with LFD PA3 and the new LFD NCSE amp in CES with Harbeth new P3R. UK stereonow still demo the M40.1 with LFD and now the M40.1 is back ordered. There is a real synergy betwwen Harbeth and LFD.

Cheers  smile.gif

HFW article: see attachment (Below)
LFD with P3R
http://www.my-hiend.com/vbb/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=677
user posted image

Added on April 17, 2009, 10:49 pm

Hi aawcy,

I can not share you much on this due to huge difference in our taste. I am a 90% classical musics + 10% of Jazz and vocal listener.

But, to allow me to talk a bit... sweat.gif

IMHO, the way Harbeth play Rock or Techno is very very differnet from what you heard (if any) from US, France or Canada speakers. Harbeth will not give you chest whacking mid bass and ground shaking deep bass. If you like deep and tight bass, my adivse for you is to look else way. I know few Harbethians like to play Rock, but, to me, Harbeth rock in very civilised way that some Rockers can not appreciate.

If you value "correct" or "right" timbre accuracy and tonal purity of instrucments (e.g, color of sax, violin, wooden feeling of cello, skin tighness of a drum) and human voices, Harbeth is for you. If you value only bass whacking and deep low bass to shake wall or floor, you need only US or Canada speakers like JBL or PSB.

Bring all your favourite albums to Tropical Audio there is the best way for you to know the answer.

Cheers!
Thanks for such detail reply...i understand what u mean...since C7ES-3 & SHL5 use 8" mid/bass woofer, will SHL5 produce greater bass due to larger internal volume? i suppose it's the way. How deep is the speaker excursion?
Is it very flexible or rigid? thanks again...

keithwwk
post May 11 2009, 10:47 PM

36 posts

QUOTE(aawcy @ May 10 2009, 10:24 PM)
Thanks for such detail reply...i understand what u mean...since C7ES-3 & SHL5 use 8" mid/bass woofer, will SHL5 produce greater bass due to larger internal volume? i suppose it's the way. How deep is the speaker excursion?
Is it very flexible or rigid? thanks again...
Hi aawcy,

1stly, I am sorry have to repeat again, guess from the musics you mentioned, Harbeth is really not suite you. Harbeth is best for close up enjoyment with moderate volume. It is not to play loud with chest whacking bass musics. The cone movement is combined with Harbeth "loose cabinet" to produce true midrange or human voice with warmth bass.

2ndly, my meaning of greater bass is different from yours, for sure. Do my ear, SHL5's bass is greater than C7es3 because it play better texture bass, better color bass, more extended, details, more volume and affortless.

If you need large speaker excursion, long-thru coil with solid hard bass, go for solid cabinet design like B&W, Focal/JMlab, Monitor Audio, Paradigm, Totem, Chario, JBL, Thiel or any other USA speakers. There are many 8" driver speakers can give the bass you want but not Harbeth's true midrange.

Sincerely.. smile.gif

This post has been edited by keithwwk: May 11 2009, 10:50 PM
poison arrow
post May 21 2009, 08:21 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

bumpz to the tread.......
harbeth owners, any new gadgets to share or new listening experience
kkthen
post Jun 15 2009, 10:00 AM

On my way
571 posts

I have test the krell cd player + LFD zero mk3 int amp + harbeth SHL5 in my new friend , match like heaven, everything is sound just right, can play all kind of music include rock. Now I am understand why many harbeth owner like this combination, but my small room 8' x 14' not suitable for harbeth SHL5. If not, I sure to put harbeth SHL5 into my upgrade list.

This post has been edited by kkthen: Jun 15 2009, 10:01 AM
PcWork
post Jun 15 2009, 11:53 AM

Audio Phreak
6,477 posts

SHL5 now selling at what price????

kkthen
post Jun 15 2009, 12:04 PM

On my way
571 posts

QUOTE(PcWork @ Jun 15 2009, 11:53 AM)
SHL5 now selling at what price????
last time price should be around 10K include original stand.

This post has been edited by kkthen: Jun 15 2009, 12:14 PM
PcWork
post Jun 15 2009, 01:39 PM

Audio Phreak
6,477 posts

sigh.......... way way way out of budget..

poison arrow
post Jun 15 2009, 09:23 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

QUOTE(kkthen @ Jun 15 2009, 10:00 AM)
I have test the krell cd player + LFD zero mk3 int amp  + harbeth SHL5 in my new friend , match like heaven, everything is sound just right, can play all kind of music include rock. Now I am understand why many harbeth  owner like this combination, but my small room 8' x 14' not suitable for harbeth SHL5. If not, I sure to put  harbeth SHL5 into  my upgrade list.
my listening room is only 7 X 14 feet. and it sound fabulous with my LFD + SHL5 thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
should not be a problem tongue.gif
kkthen
post Jun 15 2009, 11:58 PM

On my way
571 posts

QUOTE(poison arrow @ Jun 15 2009, 09:23 PM)
my listening room is only 7 X 14 feet. and it sound fabulous with my LFD + SHL5 thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif
should not be a problem tongue.gif
Poison arrow bro, really blink.gif ? If I got a chance, I am sure to go your place to listen your system. your room treatment must be very good. biggrin.gif what is the distance from back wall to your speaker.

This post has been edited by kkthen: Jun 16 2009, 12:07 AM
skydna
post Jun 16 2009, 08:17 PM

Getting Started
236 posts

Halo to all harbeth sifu, i am still considering a new small bookshelf for my naim nait 5i
i am listening to pop, vocal and jazz most of the time eg, Koda kumi, olivia ong, emi fujita, is HL-P3ES2 can handle it?
i am still not sure to go harbeth ,sonus or ATC as i havent try with my own amp
how much is the new HL-P3ES2 price now? and what is the improvement over the 1st genereation HL-P3 ?

Ah sorry for many weird question thanks in advance sifu~~
aawcy
post Jun 16 2009, 09:39 PM

Getting Started
176 posts

QUOTE(skydna @ Jun 16 2009, 08:17 PM)
Halo to all harbeth sifu, i am still considering a new small bookshelf for my naim nait 5i
i am listening to pop, vocal and jazz most of the time eg, Koda kumi, olivia ong, emi fujita, is HL-P3ES2 can handle it?
i am still not sure to go harbeth ,sonus or ATC as i havent try with my own amp
how much is the new HL-P3ES2 price now? and what is the improvement over the 1st genereation HL-P3 ?

Ah sorry for many weird question thanks in advance sifu~~
go for at least C7ES-3 ar... rclxms.gif

Added on June 16, 2009, 9:40 pm
QUOTE(kkthen @ Jun 15 2009, 11:58 PM)
Poison arrow bro, really  blink.gif ? If I got a chance, I am sure to go your place to listen your system. your room treatment must be very good.  biggrin.gif  what is the distance from back wall to your speaker.
if you go to harbeth forum, according to Alan, SHL5 can works wonderfully in small room too.... nod.gif

This post has been edited by aawcy: Jun 16 2009, 09:40 PM
poison arrow
post Jun 18 2009, 09:21 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

QUOTE(kkthen @ Jun 15 2009, 11:58 PM)
Poison arrow bro, really  blink.gif ? If I got a chance, I am sure to go your place to listen your system. your room treatment must be very good.  biggrin.gif  what is the distance from back wall to your speaker.
really......no lie here.
distance from back wall is only 1 feet away.
my room is fully carpeted and it helps.

you are most welcome to visit.... rclxm9.gif
keithwwk
post Jun 23 2009, 09:23 PM

36 posts

Hi skydna,
The P3ES2 sound a bit more transparent than the old P3. To my ear, the old P3 sound a bit more musical or "Wei Dao" then the P3es2.

The P3R with radial cone is out soon. You can consider too.

Btw, how big your room is?

Cheers!

Added on November 16, 2009, 11:12 pmCame across this review just now:

[ZT]迄今看到最感人的器材评价-Harbeth C7ES-供有耐心且懂英文的朋友慢慢看

[转贴]雨后初晴 Compact 7 ES 的评价
作者在一次意外中身受重伤后,生命中带来欢乐和希望的是Harbeth C7 ES。。。

Harbeth C7 ES-2 review

Summary:
What I will disclose herewith is the truth , the whole truth and nothing but the truth. On September 2, 2003, life gave the most surreal wake up call imaginable as I suffered a massive and near fatal stroke to the right hemisphere of the brain, When I arrived at the hospital 16 hours later I was in a deep coma and in severe respiratory distress , a tracheotomy was performed in my throath permitting me to breathe thru a tube. I did not see a blinding light or my life flashing in front of my eyes. It was simply a total void of will I survive or will I be a vegetable. 3 weeks later I emerged and had the entire neurological staff at my side with their inferior jaws almost touching the ground. They pronounced me a miracle. I had absolutely no clue that I had just entered the twilight zone of the mentally unwell. The following 6 months was wall to wall therapy facing the rest of my life confined in a wheelchair. I was fighting a battle against the most complex entity in the universe, and it possesses a door lock for which there is no key. I have to become my own locksmith. To this day I have not witnessed a single hint of improvement Given my total incapacity to climb stairs I had no other alternative but to terminate my lease and take my entire life savings and purchase a condo unit in a building with elevator service. As if a stroke was not enough on May 5th 2004 I suffered my first of 10 epileptic seizures that will require that I be medicated for the rest of my life. being denied the permission to drive a motor vehicle.I needed that like I needed a bullet in the head. Given that my condo floors are made out of reinforced concrete doing physical therapy with an epilepsy condition becomes a very risky endeavor. Imagine living the rest of your life with a 2 by 4 instead of a left leg .I am the proverbial leaf in the wind. For me walking 200 feet with my quadripod cane is like running 5 consecutive Boston marathons. I wake up every morning seing life in a foreign brain with emotions that I dont recognize. Thank god for me in 1998 I had the foresight to upgrade my Rogers LS7t speakers for a pair of Compact 7 SE2.I also had the foresight to upgrade my YBA Integre DT integrated amp, to the then brand new YBA Integre Passion integrated. The foundation for pure musical nirvana was in place.I think of these 2 components as the Romeo and Juliet of high end audio. The radial driver is an exceptional piece of acoustical engineering. Specs claim 46 Hz to 20 Khz. With my YBA amp the bottom end feels much more like 40 Hz. When using the fine YBA Diamond speaker and interconnect cables in a by wired configuration. They will melt the harshest heart on earth. You will be very hard pressed to find a more pleasant and pristine sound. At any price. These speakers are not to be analyzed but appreciated as exceptional musical instruments. Need I say more we are in presence of greatness here.Wait until you listen to Yo Yo Ma. You will recognize genious and passion for the artform. Put your seatbelt on as you will be jumping with joy and have entered the qualitative dimension of the universe. Close your eyes and immerse yourself in the ocean of wellbeing and serenity.

Strengths:
Cello's wind intruments, classical guitar , harp are to die for. Piano is not an orphan with these speakers, piano peddles have a gorgeous weight and piano keys exhibit exemplary behavior with a beautiful and progressive decay. Dont imagine that this investment is of service to classical music only. Kenny G. will send shivers down your spine. Wait until you listen to Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman, you will fall in love again. These speakers are only meant to do service to humanities greatest legacy and invention by bringing order to chaos and removing all the clutter and noise we hear every day. From now on everything musical will be immensely coherent to your ears.These speakers are also meant to remind us to stop and smell the roses to truly appreciate the wonders of life. I would never have believed that audio gear could have brought me to tears but It as on numerous occasions.The compact 7 is the most engaging and hypnotic instrument I have ever heard in my life. I can listen to them 24 hours a day, they are musical windows to my soul.They give and give and never ask anything in return. When I play my Loreena McKennitt The visit CD I am transported to the lush green pastures of the Emerald Isle. They are today the most cherished presence in my life. I could not live without them. Intimacy and neutrality is the operative word. Break in is short. They are like the finest bottle of red wine improving with time. I am on cloud nine with these babies.Performance to price ratio is expressed in stratospheric terms. Best physical placement is 5 feet from the rear boundary and 9 or 10 feet apart. I matched mine with top of the line Sound Anchors Pro Monitor stands wheighing about 100 lbs each and dampened. A very beneficial addiction is the dividend this investment pays to it's enlightened owner.

Weaknesses:
None whatsoever.

Similar Products Used:
Why bother I am in pure musical nirvana as it is.

This post has been edited by keithwwk: Nov 16 2009, 11:12 PM
rcmf2u
post Nov 18 2009, 09:34 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(RobA4 @ Sep 6 2008, 10:56 AM)
I'm sure there are quite a few out there.

Pls reveal yourselves and what Harbeth speakers you own or at least aspire to own.

I've got a pair of old Mission 780s and am thinking of upgrading to Harbeths.
I'm intending to sell my Harbeth 7ES Anniv model & it's only couple of months old. In excellent condition, and the only reason for my selling, is I'm upgrading to the SHL5. Not that theres anything wrong with the 7ES, just that my room size suit the higher model better. Have not decided my price yet but if any serious buyer can come up with an offer, we can always nego on the price. Can call me on 0198841802 - Ron
KLau
post Nov 20 2009, 09:13 AM

13 posts

Hi Guys,

I have just listen to as HLP3ES.
Not much have been mention.Anyone try it out.How it compare with the older model P3?
You can have a look here.

http://h1f1.blogspot.com/search/label/Harbeth

cheers
KLau

keithwwk
post Nov 21 2009, 10:27 PM

36 posts

hi bro,
From out side, most obvious change from P3 to P3es was the front panel. In term of sonic, the p3es is a little bit open and smoother than p3. The different is not significant. I heard the P3, P3es and P3ES2. The overall sonic is still very very close.

Cheers~

This post has been edited by keithwwk: Nov 21 2009, 10:34 PM

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0250sec    0.42    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:24 AM