Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

comparisan btwn 4g92 & 4g93

views

TSluorenxi
post Sep 5 2008, 03:04 PM, updated 16y ago

Getting Started
62 posts

hai guys..im new dudde here jz want some opinion from thsoe who r freaking professional and xperience regarding to the mit 4g92 and 4g93.because im planing save my $ to buy a used mit engine or buy a used satria and modify it...what is the diff between this two actually ? i still get confused here... how much is the market price frequently and according to u guys which mit engine is the best pick for satria.. and let me know the horsepower for this two engine...XD

MY favourable
- fast accelerate during pick up
-powerful
-addition of turbo is xtra advantage
-dun want high FC..drink petrol like slurrppp slurpp...
-hardly use

WTSNWTB
post Sep 5 2008, 03:13 PM

Getting Started
250 posts

4G92

1.6 DOHC 16V (Mivec)
1.6 DOHC 16V

Auto/Manual

4G93

1.8 DOHC 16V (Turbo) (4G93T)
1.8 DOHC 16V
Auto/Manual

I think that's the info for above engine. I kind of forget the bhp and stats but if u want a fuel economy engine why dun consider

4G91
1.5 DOHC 16V
Auto / Manual

This engine is the cheapest of the lot maybe price hike up now due to supply as it's a very old engine. Even the 4G92 and 4G93 is old as it's around 1990 - 1995 ?

My info could be wrong as I try to pull out the info from my brain instead of form the net. Those who know could try and fill up the actual info like BHP, KM/h mods and so on.

Most important for moddin an engine is your budget, if u want fuel saving and powerfull then it's kinda hard sumore if u think bout turbo then better one straight go for Turbo charged engine. Bolting on turbo kit is a night mare for many I seen so many bolt on kits which fail. Usually coz people do with a small budget if u do with a big budget then usually it's cheaper to go for ori turbo engine as buyin extra gadget to control ur air fuel mixture, rpm, boost, ecu, might cost even more than transplantin an ori turbo engine.

Most important is never save money especially transplantin engine coz wear and tear parts should be replaced even if it seems new. tongue.gif Of course if ur mechanic guarantees it then it's up to the owner to decide. rclxms.gif
fstrader
post Sep 5 2008, 03:16 PM

No Replacement, For Displacement.
2,327 posts

QUOTE(luorenxi @ Sep 5 2008, 03:04 PM)
hai guys..im new dudde here jz want some opinion from thsoe who r freaking  professional  and xperience regarding to the mit 4g92 and 4g93.because im planing save my $  to buy a used mit engine or buy a used satria and modify it...what is the diff between this two actually ? i still get confused here... how much is the market price frequently and according to u guys which mit engine is the best pick for satria.. and let me know the horsepower for this two engine...XD

MY favourable
-powerful
-dun want high FC..drink petrol like slurrppp slurpp...  blink.gif  blink.gif
-hardly use
--six--
post Sep 5 2008, 03:21 PM

Validating
1 posts

Get 4g92 Mivec, powerful yet better fc. smile.gif
MobyDick
post Sep 5 2008, 03:33 PM

Enthusiast
731 posts

Plan properly 1st, turbo or NA. If turbo wanna go blah-blah turbo like 4G93T(GSR) or VR4/EVO3 level. If looking fuel consumption than better keep it stock standard 4G92.
the_catacombs
post Sep 5 2008, 04:33 PM

8 stars wooo....
10,975 posts

MY favourable
-powerful
-hardly use
take 4g93 twincam... fuel injection and good low end torque offers u reasonable fc.... 1.8L 16v twincam give good performance...
if u want to turbocharged it, jz buy any bolt-on-turbo kit...
SUSathlonxp
post Sep 5 2008, 07:38 PM

Regular
1,067 posts

MY favourable
-powerful
-hardly use
take k20a la..then think hard how to put into ur satria..then you will be god
imperialrealcs
post Sep 5 2008, 07:57 PM

IMPERIAL DEATH STAR!
6,724 posts

QUOTE(the_catacombs @ Sep 5 2008, 04:33 PM)
take 4g93 twincam... fuel injection and good low end torque offers u reasonable fc.... 1.8L 16v twincam give good performance...
if u want to turbocharged it, jz buy any bolt-on-turbo kit...
what about the absence of oil squirter in 4G93 block?
shinjite
post Sep 5 2008, 07:57 PM

�ŞħĬΩĵΐŦ��
All Stars
19,176 posts

since hardly use ah, 1.8 4G93T GSR
SUSlienster
post Sep 5 2008, 08:12 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

4G92DOHC Cyborg R ( 1st gen )

less problems than mivec. more power than 4G93 DOHC

a lot of useable power at low rpm

better consumption than most
dirsly
post Sep 6 2008, 12:16 PM

Safe Trader
1,426 posts

QUOTE(athlonxp @ Sep 5 2008, 08:38 PM)
take k20a la..then think hard how to put into ur satria..then you will be god
many things have 2 change... do u have prove who had done this....??
chipnuke
post Sep 7 2008, 10:50 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

im using 4g92...got pick up and save fuel...but i depends on your tunning ..i manage to get 250km for rm40 petrol base on price 2.55 per liter
but nowdays price for engine is quite expensive u need al least 10k min to convert...better get gsr 4G93T but..problem when u want to endorse if your body 1.3 ... to 1.8

good luck
MobyDick
post Sep 8 2008, 09:14 AM

Enthusiast
731 posts

If wanna go turbo avoid 4G93T due to reliability issue of the crank/bottom-end. Even highly tune NA Putras have suffered this similar issues if it's modded to run consistanly beyond its 180 bhp ceiling limit due to the longer con-rod compared to 4G92 as they share the same piston diameter.
TSluorenxi
post Sep 8 2008, 10:04 AM

Getting Started
62 posts

i got one more ques here... about the 4g91... may b it sounds stupid,bt it is possible to modify this engine by changing the cylinder head to 4g92 cylinder head ,valve and others internal component ? is their cylincer size and bore same ? So,this going to affect the power ratio right ? Sifu plz teach...

This post has been edited by luorenxi: Sep 8 2008, 10:05 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
sleepwalker
post Sep 8 2008, 10:31 AM

Need sleep....
Group Icon
Staff
5,517 posts

QUOTE(MobyDick @ Sep 8 2008, 09:14 AM)
If wanna go turbo avoid 4G93T due to reliability issue of the crank/bottom-end. Even highly tune NA Putras have suffered this similar issues if it's modded to run consistanly beyond its 180 bhp ceiling limit due to the longer con-rod compared to 4G92 as they share the same piston diameter.
The ceiling limit is actually 250hp, not 180hp and it is not the crank/bottom-end problem. It is actually due to only one small part which is the conrod pin at the bottom of the piston. That breaks all the time once you get the power over 250hp. As for the stock HP, JDMs are 205ps (203hp) and as always, export models to Australia and UK runs at 190ps due to the addition of the cat con and emissions controls. The Aussies didn't get the EVO1-3 and the GSR was the only Mitsu they could play with and they played a lot of it. All points to 250hp and stupid conrod pin.

Highly tuned NA Putras always pushed beyond the boundries of the 7500rpm limit. The longer conrod is not a weakness but it does impose a lower rev limit. Most NA Putras end up with a MIVEC head and try to match the rev limit in the 4G92 MIVECs would end up with blown engines. I always wondered if those so called mechanics actually know anything about engine mods and the characteristics of the engines before mixing and matching engine parts from different models.

I've had a GSR engine for almost 7 years from 2000 to 2006, ran it at about 230-240hp for 120,000 km without any problems. Sold it to one of my mechanics and he is still running it now. No issues of conrod failures.

This post has been edited by sleepwalker: Sep 8 2008, 10:38 AM
MobyDick
post Sep 8 2008, 11:54 AM

Enthusiast
731 posts

QUOTE(sleepwalker @ Sep 8 2008, 10:31 AM)
I've had a GSR engine for almost 7 years from 2000 to 2006, ran it at about 230-240hp for 120,000 km without any problems. Sold it to one of my mechanics and he is still running it now. No issues of conrod failures.
Even extreme mods incurring high cost will not increase its reliability factor for NA 4G93 to run consistant 7,500rpm or even the 4G93T to consistantly push beyond 230bhp other than short sprint race pace. This reliability issue is well reflected within our local Sepang racing community to totally ignore 4G93T from its early years till present in relation to even B16C as all horsepower is nothing without control & severe turbo-lag when tuned to run beyond 230bhp. The best way to run a 4G93 with reliability is a NA setup tuned not is excess 180bhp with bottom-end crank upgrades, piston works, valve & cam-work, similar engine setup like this running consistant 2min 46"/48" for MME 12hrs race-trim cars competitively the past few yrs. Even 4G92 engines with similar spec mods in race trim are runining almost identical times with better overall finish due to better fuel consumption. These are what we call modded cars/engines within its original design-specs with reliability factors for street boy-racer use.

the_catacombs
post Sep 8 2008, 02:19 PM

8 stars wooo....
10,975 posts

QUOTE(luorenxi @ Sep 8 2008, 10:04 AM)
i got one more ques here... about the 4g91... may b it sounds stupid,bt it is possible to modify this engine by changing the cylinder head to 4g92 cylinder head ,valve and others internal component ? is their cylincer size and bore same ?  So,this going to affect the power ratio right ?  Sifu plz teach...
not much difference in performance if change that one... unless if u say change to 4g92 mivec head with complete wiring and ecu...
sleepwalker
post Sep 8 2008, 02:47 PM

Need sleep....
Group Icon
Staff
5,517 posts

QUOTE(MobyDick @ Sep 8 2008, 11:54 AM)
Even extreme mods incurring high cost will not increase its reliability factor for NA 4G93 to run consistant 7,500rpm or even the 4G93T to consistantly push beyond 230bhp other than short sprint race pace. This reliability issue is well reflected within our local Sepang racing community to totally ignore 4G93T from its early years till present in relation to even B16C as all horsepower is nothing without control & severe turbo-lag when tuned to run beyond 230bhp. The best way to run a 4G93 with reliability is a NA setup tuned not is excess 180bhp with bottom-end crank upgrades, piston works, valve & cam-work, similar engine setup like this running consistant 2min 46"/48" for MME 12hrs race-trim cars competitively the past few yrs. Even 4G92 engines with similar spec mods in race trim are runining almost identical times with better overall finish due to better fuel consumption. These are what we call modded cars/engines within its original design-specs with reliability factors for street boy-racer use.
To gauge the utilisation of the 4G93T reflected by the Sepang racing community is incorrect of gauge of it's usage. Sepang Racing community and it's fellow MME cannot use the 4G93T as it is not allowed in MME, unless somebody brought in the original 4WD version. Sepang did not ignore but rather did not allowed it. You need the engine that comes with the chassis for MME.

To say the best way to run a 4G93 with reliability is NA setup is not true. To say the best way to run a FRONT WHEEL DRIVE car with a 4G93 is better. Ah yes, the torqueless wonder of the B16C definitely suites the FF configuration. Unfortunately, 4G93T produces too much torque for FF configuration, the config which most people ran it in, and wondered why they are not moving while their tyres melted off the tarmac.

Wait.. why are we talking about this? I do notice that most of your replies seems to go off subject as I read it. Suddenly we have Sepang.. Sepang and 4G93T.. we aren't talking about the track here and what goes in MME does not apply to conversion since there's no converted engines there. Try normal weekend public races.. there we'd have plenty of rojak of all sorts.

Yashiro
post Sep 9 2008, 03:35 AM

Getting Started
55 posts

guys what the difference between these 2

4g92 DOHC mivec 16=..as i know mivec ma,can scream..

4g92 DOHC 16v.=issit okay?

4g91 i drive be4 la.ok lo..manual one.at least better than 1.6sohc 16v..lolx tongue.gif
the_catacombs
post Sep 9 2008, 11:23 AM

8 stars wooo....
10,975 posts

QUOTE(Yashiro @ Sep 9 2008, 03:35 AM)
guys what the difference between these 2

4g92 DOHC mivec 16=..as i know mivec ma,can scream..

4g92 DOHC 16v.=issit okay?

4g91 i drive be4 la.ok lo..manual one.at least better than 1.6sohc 16v..lolx tongue.gif
4g92 is 1.6L.... there is DOHC, SOHC and MIVEC DOHC version.... all are 16v engine...
4g91 is 1.5L.... only DOHC available... 16v engine as well....

horsepower figure i duno... haha....

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0247sec    0.44    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:05 PM