> [Home-Applicances] Ceiling Fan, KDK, Panasonic, Euro Uno, Mistral Household

views

Zot
post Feb 2 2017, 08:09 AM

Look at all my stars!!
7,592 posts

QUOTE(Refuzed @ Feb 2 2017, 07:35 AM)
Hello,

My Alpha 5 blade remote controlled fan (3 speed) decided to slow down on one fine day and eventually something got burnt inside and stopped working ever since. The fan is just 1.5 years old.

I've tried disassembling the fan myself and my theory suggests that the capacitor had burnt out (based on the bloated shape of the capacitor).

user posted image

So what do I do next? Can I just go to Jalan Pasar and ask those guys over there to fix a new capacitor for me and test it out on the spot?

Sorry, I'm quite a noob when it comes to electronics.
Yes, normally that big black one get spoiled, even in branded fan too. The cost I believe should not be more than RM5.
Battlefield1942
post Feb 2 2017, 09:59 AM

Getting Started
73 posts

I am looking for replacement for my hall ceiling fan KDK that been running for almost 30 years and is slowing down and making noise. I try to check it out and all plastic part become fragile and break into lose part when I try to open it. The metal also rusted. I am looking at the new Panasonic breeze yugari function like FM15E2 that cost about RM5xx here in penang. I hear the FM14 model does not last and decide to skip it. Anyone using this FM-15E2 here? The higher end Econavi come with DC motor and the motor look so small. I wonder if it will last.
ozak
post Feb 2 2017, 01:34 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(Battlefield1942 @ Feb 2 2017, 09:59 AM)
I am looking for replacement for my hall ceiling fan KDK that been running for almost 30 years and is slowing down and making noise. I try to check it out and all plastic part become fragile and break into lose part when I try to open it. The metal also rusted. I am looking at the new Panasonic breeze yugari function like FM15E2 that cost about RM5xx here in penang. I hear the FM14 model does not last and decide to skip it. Anyone using this FM-15E2 here? The higher end Econavi come with DC motor and the motor look so small. I wonder if it will last.
DC motor is the next generation of ceiling fan. Much more efficiency. And since it is still new in panasonic, the quality is better. Before the cut cost unit coming.

If you have the budget, get it now.
Alert_RaZO
post Feb 9 2017, 01:22 PM

On my way
572 posts

My fan is Alpha brand.
When i switch on the switch, the fan got tik tak sound not spinning. The remote changed to new battery not functioning.
Anybody know what thing malfunction?

weikee
post Feb 9 2017, 02:04 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Feb 2 2017, 01:34 PM)
DC motor is the next generation of ceiling fan. Much more efficiency. And since it is still new in panasonic, the quality is better. Before the cut cost unit coming.

If you have the budget, get it now.
I just replace my 5 years old Panasonic fan with new Panasonic DC Fan 9 speed, i use the default speed when switch the main power on. So far so good. Notice is quieter. The previous fan only lasted 5 years well actually still can use, it will make noise once it go to middle or high speed since 1+ year ago, finally purchase another and replace. Fan is no longer reliable as the old days. My mom house using Panasonic remote control fan, is still running strong since 2005.

Installation is easy if you the diy person. If not you have to spend extra 100+ for technician to help you install.

This post has been edited by weikee: Feb 9 2017, 02:04 PM
Richard
post Feb 9 2017, 03:21 PM

Regular
1,083 posts

QUOTE(Refuzed @ Feb 2 2017, 07:35 AM)
Hello,

My Alpha 5 blade remote controlled fan (3 speed) decided to slow down on one fine day and eventually something got burnt inside and stopped working ever since. The fan is just 1.5 years old.

I've tried disassembling the fan myself and my theory suggests that the capacitor had burnt out (based on the bloated shape of the capacitor).

user posted image

So what do I do next? Can I just go to Jalan Pasar and ask those guys over there to fix a new capacitor for me and test it out on the spot?

Sorry, I'm quite a noob when it comes to electronics.
I did a total cap replacement for this type of fan which lasted less than a year before there was other problems like the remote control buttons not functioning and replacement components failing..

A total fail in terms of time and money spent..

Maybe I was using non-branded components or wrong temp ratings, your pictures showing all non branded components inside and the design is bad with no ventilation slots make poor cooling..

Seriously I suggest you save your money towards a totally new unit of a different model and design..
Richard
post Feb 9 2017, 03:24 PM

Regular
1,083 posts

QUOTE(Alert_RaZO @ Feb 9 2017, 01:22 PM)
My fan is Alpha brand.
When i switch on the switch, the fan got tik tak sound not spinning. The remote changed to new battery not functioning.
Anybody know what thing malfunction?

Bad capacitors..
ozak
post Feb 9 2017, 03:42 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Feb 9 2017, 02:04 PM)
I just replace my 5 years old Panasonic fan with new Panasonic DC Fan 9 speed, i use the default speed when switch the main power on. So far so good. Notice is quieter. The previous fan only lasted 5 years well actually still can use, it will make noise once it go to middle or high speed since 1+ year ago, finally purchase another and replace. Fan is no longer reliable as the old days. My mom house using Panasonic remote control fan, is still running strong since 2005.

Installation is easy if you the diy person. If not you have to spend extra 100+ for technician to help you install.
Change that 3 capacitor inside the pcb. There are the culprit.

I have the same problem with the kdk fan. Change the capacitor and it back to normal.

DC fan is low quantity at the moment. But will ramp up once price down. The quality is still good since quantity is not much and no cut cost.
Nymphetamine666
post Feb 9 2017, 04:27 PM

Enthusiast
708 posts

Hi all, im looking for decent and cheap ceiling fan for my apartment. The apartment will be rent out for tenant.

No need canggih2 one. Anyone can recommend me the best unit without regulator. Preferably remote type because on the ceiling, got 1 point for lighting, i planned to install the fan hook and loop the fan wire with the light point there.

Preferably anything with good quality and <RM200. Wanna buy 2 units for 2 rooms.
weikee
post Feb 9 2017, 04:34 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Feb 9 2017, 03:42 PM)
Change that 3 capacitor inside the pcb. There are the culprit.

I have the same problem with the kdk fan. Change the capacitor and it back to normal.

DC fan is low quantity at the moment. But will ramp up once price down. The quality is still good since quantity is not much and no cut cost.
Capacitors not the cause of the sound, more of bearing inside.
Richard
post Feb 9 2017, 05:36 PM

Regular
1,083 posts

QUOTE(Nymphetamine666 @ Feb 9 2017, 04:27 PM)
Hi all, im looking for decent and cheap ceiling fan for my apartment. The apartment will be rent out for tenant.

No need canggih2 one. Anyone can recommend me the best unit without regulator. Preferably remote type because on the ceiling, got 1 point for lighting, i planned to install the fan hook and loop the fan wire with the light point there.

Preferably anything with good quality and <RM200. Wanna buy 2 units for 2 rooms.
Suggest you get fan with regulator.. A branded basic model is around rm125 ..

More reliable and it'll last you a lot longer with no worries of losing the remote control..

You can always nego the additional fan point + ceiling fan installation with the wireman..

Alert_RaZO
post Feb 9 2017, 06:23 PM

On my way
572 posts

QUOTE(Richard @ Feb 9 2017, 03:24 PM)
Bad capacitors..
Thanks... I can DIY to replace the capacitor?
this model how to take out the board?

Richard
post Feb 9 2017, 06:37 PM

Regular
1,083 posts

QUOTE(Alert_RaZO @ Feb 9 2017, 06:23 PM)
Thanks... I can DIY to replace the capacitor?
this model how to take out the board?
there's a plastic cover cap or a nut/screw in the middle where the motor is..

Pry off the plastic cap and/or unscrew and the board hangs down..

Make sure you off the switch, unscrew the live/Neutral wires from its terminal block and you should have dismantled the board to check..
Ricky300
post Feb 10 2017, 10:52 AM

Regular
1,514 posts

QUOTE(Nymphetamine666 @ Feb 9 2017, 04:27 PM)

http://www.lazada.com.my/rubine-rcf-vetta1....html?rb=rubine

Thinking of getting this one...not sure about its reliability
ozak
post Feb 10 2017, 11:13 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(Ricky300 @ Feb 10 2017, 10:52 AM)

Don't have better design?
Ricky300
post Feb 10 2017, 11:15 AM

Regular
1,514 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Feb 10 2017, 11:13 AM)
Don't have better design?
search urself lo....i'm also searching around whistling.gif
ozak
post Feb 10 2017, 11:15 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Feb 9 2017, 04:34 PM)
Capacitors not the cause of the sound,  more of bearing inside.
My fan also sound like mechanical problem. It keep coming out the sound "tik tik tik".

But actual is the capacitor.
weikee
post Feb 10 2017, 05:09 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Feb 10 2017, 11:15 AM)
My fan also sound like mechanical problem. It keep coming out the sound "tik tik tik".

But actual is the capacitor.
Not Tik tik Tik, is keekkeeekkeeeeek,
Nymphetamine666
post Feb 10 2017, 06:41 PM

Enthusiast
708 posts

QUOTE(Richard @ Feb 9 2017, 05:36 PM)
Suggest you get fan with regulator.. A branded basic model is around rm125 ..

More reliable and it'll last you a lot longer with no worries of losing the remote control..

You can always nego the additional fan point + ceiling fan installation with the wireman..
Thanks. Last nite,i bought the Pana FM-14MC liao. Can pm me really good price/ trusted wireman?
Nymphetamine666
post Feb 10 2017, 06:42 PM

Enthusiast
708 posts

QUOTE(Ricky300 @ Feb 10 2017, 10:52 AM)

Too fancy and pricey for rumah sewa.

223 Pages « < 148 149 150 151 152 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0170sec    0.39    6 queries    GZIP Disabled