Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Martial Arts Schools / Classes, List of Martial Arts Schools / Classes

views

pingpang
post Jul 23 2009, 03:54 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

So there is a Krav Maga instructor in Malaysia after all.
Located in Kota Damansara - name of the studio/school?
pingpang
post Jun 14 2013, 07:42 AM

Getting Started
171 posts

Putting in for a friend.

"YIP KIN WING CHUN
For exercise n self defence, take up Wing Chun Kung Fu at Paramount Garden, Petaling Jaya.
pingpang
post Jan 8 2014, 10:31 AM

Getting Started
171 posts

I have seen a lot of comment/request/questions like "Is this ___ martial art good for beginner?", " Can recommend a good MA for a non-MA guy like me?"

There is no single MA for beginner. All MA (be it western, Chinese Kung Fu, Korean or Japanese MA, local MA like Silat etc) has a programme from a beginner level to the advance level, depending on the person interested in learning it to whichever level he/she wants to attain.
Some just want to learn MA for health, not to attain any level.

So my point is that choose whichever MA that you are interested and go learn it. Of course, maybe one can be constraint by locality, time etc. Then work out a plan with the instructor on the timing or if distance is the factor, see how passionate you are on the MA that you are interested in. I used to take 2 buses from my home just to go over to the place I train many many years ago.
pingpang
post Jan 8 2014, 10:40 AM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(dotaallstarz @ Jul 1 2013, 11:50 AM)
hi guys.. i have no background of MA. would like some recommendation to take up MA.. mainly for health, lose weight and body toning..
PJ area or puchong preferable..

thanks.. and appreciate any feedback
You can try taking up WING CHUN for exercise and self defence, at Paramount Garden, Petaling Jaya.
pingpang
post Jan 8 2014, 10:46 AM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(swinger4eva @ Jun 14 2013, 09:38 PM)
Funny, I thought Yip Kin Wing Chun only taught at Pudu, TTDI and Lara's Place in SS2

http://www.ykwc.blogspot.com/p/ykwc-practice-location.html
Well, If you know the history of Yip Kin Wing Chun in Malaysia, you will know that Yip Kin passed down the art to his son, Yip Fook Choy.
Under Sifu Yip Fook Choy, he taught many students (most of his student in Persatuan Wing Choon can attest to this) like the late "Malai Wong", Loo Kum Hong etc.
The one in Pudu, TTDI & SS2 are taught by Sifu Yip Fook Choy students. Same goes for the one in Paramount Garden . There is another place near Taman Muda Cheras also taught by another "Si Heng" of Yip Fook Choy.
pingpang
post Nov 17 2014, 01:06 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(ITforce @ Nov 8 2014, 11:47 AM)
hi may i know if the classes are taught in chinese mandarin, cantonese or other language ?
In Cantonese and English.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0149sec    0.38    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:39 PM