Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Krabi, Inc Ko Lanta

views

Xziled
post Aug 19 2008, 01:13 PM

Assasin CrossX
602 posts

Haha! okok..i'll be sure not to miss it brows.gif
Oh ya, the boat trips is it considered snorkeling trips also? or is it a total separate thing? very confusing xD

Btw, the Q i asked abt prices quoted on the accomodations' website is it per head or the total price to pay? shocking.gif

Hmm, do u think MATTA fair will offer accomodation there ar? if got then i will go check out also lor c whether they have any good deals or not wub.gif
stimix
post Aug 19 2008, 02:25 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

Depending on agents. Normally those agent/website quoted per head is for tour package or combination of stay+ tour.

If u buy room only, normally quoted per room. Try this website for booking ..so far the cheapest & the fastest..confirmation within hour or nxt day thumbup.gif

http://www.sawadee.com/hotels/krabi.html

I always dissapointed wth Matta...nothing cheaper than the discounted website or u buy packages directly while u are at Aonang beach..I got a RM35/pax to 4 island tour in front of Aonang beach and they pick u up from hotel, providing lousy lunch biggrin.gif & normal island hopping -lah (Chicken, Poda, Tub & Phrangan Bay) - Snorkelling is at either Poda island or Tub island & mask/life kacket provided FOC
Xziled
post Aug 19 2008, 04:02 PM

Assasin CrossX
602 posts

QUOTE(stimix @ Aug 19 2008, 02:25 PM)
Depending on agents. Normally those agent/website quoted per head is for tour package or combination of stay+ tour.

If u buy room only, normally quoted per room. Try this website for booking ..so far the cheapest & the fastest..confirmation within hour or nxt day  thumbup.gif

http://www.sawadee.com/hotels/krabi.html

I always dissapointed wth Matta...nothing cheaper than the discounted website or u buy packages directly while u are at Aonang beach..I got a RM35/pax to 4 island tour in front of Aonang beach and they pick u up from hotel, providing lousy lunch  biggrin.gif & normal island hopping -lah (Chicken, Poda, Tub & Phrangan Bay) - Snorkelling is at either Poda island or Tub island & mask/life kacket provided FOC
Well, the website i searched was not from any tour agency or something like that. It was the hotel's direct website so it's per room rite? if not it'll be damn expensive per head oh xD

Alright i'll check the website now also..hehe thx tongue.gif

Hmm, the tour that u mentioned is it from MATTA or when u were at krabi itself from the travel agencies? so meaning snorkeling is a totally different activity to do from the island hoping where u sit those boats, is it? kinda blur sry xD

stimix
post Aug 19 2008, 04:16 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

I bought the room from the website. If I'm not mistaken about RM120/nite/room (Sri Suksant). Stayed 2 nites there. The 4 islands tour as mentioned, got it from the travel agent located at Aonang Beach. There are few there...& price are negotiable! If the price quoted is thb400/pax try to bargain downward to thb350. The snorkeling kits are provided free. It is up to u to use it & part of the tour package!

BTW...dun expect crystal clear water at Aonang or even Phranang Bay....Water is not so clear. The crystal clear water is at Tub /Poda Island...Better if u can afford Phi-phi Isalnd (~RM80/pax-RM100/pax). Nevertheless the clarity of the water surrounding whole area are not as good as Redang/Kapas/Perhentian biggrin.gif
Xziled
post Aug 19 2008, 04:36 PM

Assasin CrossX
602 posts

Owh, i've checked the rates from the website u gave me..the prices there is quoted per room kua? xD

What?? really? i thought it would be crystal clear? sleep.gif
oh well, nvm lor..go for the snokeling lor..there also got water sports? eg.jet ski?

Do u think during that peak period i go also can get place to stay at phuket ar? coz i also not sure how the plan is going to go also depending whether the transport available at the particular time or not coz flight back to m'sia is at noon time ler xD later cannot make it back
going for 5D/4N 5-9jan '09...does phuket have any nice to do there? except for the nightlife and clubs that i want to visit xD the activity on the beaches is around the same as krabi or i should also give it a try? xD
stimix
post Aug 19 2008, 08:24 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

Yeah-lah by room not pax!

Nothing much in Phuket unless u like Ang Mogh watching..Similar to Krabi..Ppl either goto Phuket or Krabi and from these 2 destination going to Phi-Phi & Phanga Bay (James Bond Island)

Some teasers of my 2007 trip to Krabi (B4 AA started their flight to that small town);

Tub island (The best of the 4 island tour;
user posted image

Poda Island
user posted image

Mainland Aonang/Pranang & Railey beaches from poda Island
user posted image

Famous Pranang rock..look like something... hmm.gif biggrin.gif
user posted image

Oh yah..they pray that thing
user posted image

QUOTE(Xziled @ Aug 19 2008, 04:36 PM)
Owh, i've checked the rates from the website u gave me..the prices there is quoted per room kua? xD

What?? really? i thought it would be crystal clear? sleep.gif
oh well, nvm lor..go for the snokeling lor..there also got water sports? eg.jet ski?

Do u think during that peak period i go also can get place to stay at phuket ar? coz i also not sure how the plan is going to go also depending whether the transport available at the particular time or not coz flight back to m'sia is at noon time ler xD later cannot make it back
going for 5D/4N 5-9jan '09...does phuket have any nice to do there? except for the nightlife and clubs that i want to visit xD the activity on the beaches is around the same as krabi or i should also give it a try? xD
Xziled
post Aug 19 2008, 10:46 PM

Assasin CrossX
602 posts

wow nice pics man! i'll make sure i go visit those beaches also! thx notworthy.gif

Oh yea 1 very urgent and also important Q to ask..i'm planning to book the bungalows from gooddayslanta which is in koh lanta. I wanna ask is it far from ao nang town? can walk there or must sit taxi? to go at nite for the nightmarket etc coz now that's the among affordable now. The hotels in ao nang either too expensive or the names sounds like err...not good kua? lol whistling.gif

Plz reply asap coz wanna book most probably tomorrow after getting the answers from u guys ..thx a lot!

If phuket is similar then how abt the nightlife..someone said it was more happening? wanna go c c those clubs where got those transexuals ma xD heard they more prettier than gurls oh tongue.gif

Sry asking too many Q's..is bangkok feasible then? anyone knows the journey there takes how long? if not by flight sleep.gif
stimix
post Aug 19 2008, 11:12 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

shocking.gif Ko Lanta is not in Krabi and very far from Krabi airport ~70-80km South of Krabi airport and about 50KM west of Trang..The taxi/bus fare will not be cheap!! Even Krabi airport to Aonang beach is about 30km away!...For Krabi, stay at Aonang beach other area is far from the happening Aonang..Yes for akua show u must goto Patong beach in Phuket which is ~2hrs ride from Krabi! (~180km away from Krabi!)

Bus trip from Krabi to Bangkok probbaly around 12hr.

QUOTE(Xziled @ Aug 19 2008, 10:46 PM)
wow nice pics man! i'll make sure i go visit those beaches also! thx notworthy.gif

Oh yea 1 very urgent and also important Q to ask..i'm planning to book the bungalows from gooddayslanta which is in koh lanta. I wanna ask is it far from ao nang town? can walk there or must sit taxi? to go at nite for the nightmarket etc coz now that's the among affordable now. The hotels in ao nang either too expensive or the names sounds like err...not good kua? lol whistling.gif

Plz reply asap coz wanna book most probably tomorrow after getting the answers from u guys ..thx a lot!

If phuket is similar then how abt the nightlife..someone said it was more happening? wanna go c c those clubs where got those transexuals ma xD heard they more prettier than gurls oh tongue.gif

Sry asking too many Q's..is bangkok feasible then? anyone knows the journey there takes how long? if not by flight sleep.gif
This post has been edited by stimix: Aug 19 2008, 11:13 PM
Xziled
post Aug 19 2008, 11:46 PM

Assasin CrossX
602 posts

Ooo TQ very much!! i also checked just now the transfer service so expensive so i guess also far de ler..aih so troublesome to find place to stay

Btw, i have a few to choose from..mind comment dunno which 1 is good and not "dirty"

1. Palace Ao Nang Resort
2.Sunda Resort
3.Happiness Resort
4.Phu Pranang Resort & Spa
5.Sri Suksant Resort

Btw, stimix..that time u stayed at SriSuksant hor..okay ma? and plz enlighten me..if they say extra bed hor..is charge per nite or just a plain 1 sum? eg. 500 baht extra bed. Count as 500baht or 500baht x per nite? xD
stimix
post Aug 20 2008, 09:49 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

Not sure about others, Sri Suksant is located at neighbouring beach (Napporat beach -hope get it right?) - However within walking distance to Aonang beach (About 300m walk away)... Room is superb & clean although the hotel is abit small. The swimming pool- very small but comes wth Jacuzzi effect.. rclxms.gif

BTW Sri Suksant is also facing the beach....and not many hotels facing beach as others...although stated at Aonang beach but actually located inland & hilly...do check the location maps....on other discounted website such as tripadvisor, agoda & etc...

QUOTE(Xziled @ Aug 19 2008, 11:46 PM)
Ooo TQ very much!! i also checked just now the transfer service so expensive so i guess also far de ler..aih so troublesome to find place to stay

Btw, i have a few to choose from..mind comment dunno which 1 is good and not "dirty"

1. Palace Ao Nang Resort
2.Sunda Resort
3.Happiness Resort
4.Phu Pranang Resort & Spa
5.Sri Suksant Resort

Btw, stimix..that time u stayed at SriSuksant hor..okay ma? and plz enlighten me..if they say extra bed hor..is charge per nite or just a plain 1 sum? eg. 500 baht extra bed. Count as 500baht or 500baht x per nite? xD
s@ni
post Aug 20 2008, 09:54 AM

Gambar Di Lesen Kereta Saya
2,814 posts

try

agoda.com --> got map for each hotel
Xziled
post Aug 20 2008, 01:04 PM

Assasin CrossX
602 posts

owh, okok will do thx notworthy.gif

edited
Stimix, thought it's inland and hilly..but would u say it's a good location? as in it's near the town or maybe at nite the night market there?
coz then i will choose between sunda resort and srisuksant

This post has been edited by Xziled: Aug 20 2008, 02:35 PM
woodflaming
post Aug 20 2008, 04:39 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

Any good hotel or resort at the ao nang beach? smile.gif

Xziled
post Aug 20 2008, 05:59 PM

Assasin CrossX
602 posts

QUOTE(woodflaming @ Aug 20 2008, 04:39 PM)
Any good hotel or resort at the ao nang beach? smile.gif
There r a lot..depending on your budget

Added on August 21, 2008, 2:52 pmI've booked Srisuksant.
Hmm, wonder how far is it from the town area or if wanna walk the night market there? any ideas?

Does anyone have a budget for food? is it expensive?

This post has been edited by Xziled: Aug 21 2008, 02:52 PM
blackburry
post Aug 26 2008, 08:49 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

I'm goin to Krabi too next year Apr. This is very useful. Thankx!

Xziled : kindly pls undate this thread after you come back from Krabi ya laugh.gif

btw how much you book Srisuksant? And how many night?
stimix
post Aug 26 2008, 10:12 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

SriSuksant is not far from Aonang but u need to walk about 1/2km...not far..There are also long boat services infront of the hotel..so if u decided not to book from Aonang, u can check the price opposite Srisuksant as well...

There is no real nite market in Aonang..just 1 row of happening pubs, bars, restaurants & stalls selling souvenirs, 7-11...Yes the restaurants in AOnang is very pricey!! The cheapest PadThai & fried rice I can get is 80bath normal avg is 100bath!! But if u dun mind dirty /small portion, there are few roadside warong selling meatball noodle soup - I think about 35bath! The roadside malays' roti canai also available but not cheap- plain roti canai without curry - 15bath, add banana - 20bath

BTW, this style of roti canai (Yes by the malay/muslim of Thailand only) is very unique & u can even find them far away in Chiang Mai!! shocking.gif
QUOTE(Xziled @ Aug 20 2008, 05:59 PM)
Hmm, wonder how far is it from the town area or if wanna walk the night market there? any ideas?

Does anyone have a budget for food? is it expensive?
This post has been edited by stimix: Aug 27 2008, 11:18 AM
juichuan
post Aug 26 2008, 11:16 PM

LA-Little Angel
Group Icon
VIP
1,634 posts

anyone stayed at Timer House Hotel before? how's the condition?

nonadoes
post Aug 27 2008, 10:50 AM

On my way
509 posts

So is better to stay at Ao Nang rite ?
stimix
post Aug 27 2008, 10:55 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

Not neccessary but close to Ao Nang also OK such as Napporat beach (Very quiet- compare to the neighboring/happening Aonang), Hilly side of Aonang (Where most of the hotels located) or even better, u can stay at Phi-phi island or even hotels located at Phranang Bay & Railey beach (However to reach Phranang Bay/Railey you need to use long tail boat!)

Stay away from Krabi town..it's far from happening beach & just a small sleepy town without any big shopping malls except the nite market which is ~30km from Aonang!! sad.gif

QUOTE(nonadoes @ Aug 27 2008, 10:50 AM)
So is better to stay at Ao Nang rite ?

Added on August 27, 2008, 11:08 amCan't google on timer house except Tmberhouse Resort hmm.gif biggrin.gif So really hv no idea of this hotel...But timberhouse looks drool.gif to me rclxms.gif
QUOTE(juichuan @ Aug 26 2008, 11:16 PM)
anyone stayed at Timer House Hotel before? how's the condition?
This post has been edited by stimix: Aug 27 2008, 11:08 AM
nonadoes
post Aug 27 2008, 02:07 PM

On my way
509 posts

hey stimix
Just want to ask, i'm planning a trip to krabi with friends about 6 of us. Planning to go there around mid of March. At first planned was June but after reading here and google around apparently the weather might be monsoon season. So we change to march instead.

So i'm asking is there maybe bungalow or house which can accomodate 6 ppl? Still googling around but hope can get some answer from here. i search agoda.com, hmmm..room a bit pricy above myr200 around Au Nang area. Any recommendation? i've check SriSuksant also not cheap ehh..

Added on August 27, 2008, 2:11 pmby the way...some hotel/resort do offer bungalow based on the description of the room. but they never mention how many ppl can cater for each bungalow.

This post has been edited by nonadoes: Aug 27 2008, 02:11 PM

135 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0248sec    0.58    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:36 PM