Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Krabi, Inc Ko Lanta

views

TSasiahost
post May 8 2008, 11:56 PM, updated 11y ago

Getting Started
189 posts

Hello thanks for viewing!

We, a group of 4 to 5 friends planned to go KRABI for holiday after our final semester. But would like people who visited krabi to come in and give opinion.

Our budget is RM 1000 including flights, hotel, and spending there per person.

What can we do there? What are the highlights there?

Can we go other place of Thailand?

We prefer to stay in two rooms, preferably in a 4 stars or 3 stars hotel or resort.

Any other suggestions or feedback is welcome.

If anyone who is very familiar can provide itinerary! THANKS A BUNCH!
s@ni
post May 9 2008, 12:23 AM

Gambar Di Lesen Kereta Saya
2,814 posts

Airasia... krabi,5person in august, rm1.7k laugh.gif

booked it 30minutes ago

Added on May 9, 2008, 12:48 amanyway, http://www.yourkrabi.com/suggested-itinerary.php

This post has been edited by sani_othman: May 9 2008, 12:48 AM
sub7
post May 9 2008, 04:55 AM

Getting Started
125 posts

Been there, lots of island you can hop around... koh phi phi, koh lanta... dont remember all of them. smile.gif Krabi itself is a beach, you can snorkle/dive, rent a bike and go around, taste their local food, seafood... watersport. If you are more adventurous, there's waterfall about 10km away...

Try to get a local tour guide and intro you to the scene and activities if you absolutely have no idea. Our of 100 ang moh, I can only see 1 asian.
claran
post May 9 2008, 10:03 AM

25 posts

QUOTE(sub7 @ May 9 2008, 04:55 AM)
Been there, lots of island you can hop around... koh phi phi, koh lanta... dont remember all of them. smile.gif  Krabi itself is a beach, you can snorkle/dive, rent a bike and go around, taste their local food, seafood... watersport. If you are more adventurous, there's waterfall about 10km away...

Try to get a local tour guide and intro you to the scene and activities if you absolutely have no idea. Our of 100 ang moh, I can only see 1 asian.
Planning to go Krabi as well this coming July/August. Haven't book my air ticket yet though. My concern is that whether krabi is going to rain frequently during this period (Like 4 days out of a week something like that). Cause i check from Thailand tourism website that this period is actually a rainy season for Krabi (May - December). Anyone had been there during this period who can share with us. If it gonna rain everyday , then it will be pointless to go there...

As for thing to do, i heard rock climbing is very popular in Krabi. (Outdoor rock climbing where you can enjoy magnificent view at the top). Should try that on.
carolhyf
post May 9 2008, 11:45 AM

38 posts

I just came back from Krabi....i went there on 20 apr for 3 days 2 nite. If i'm not mistaken frm May onwards till Oct is low seasons at there because it was the moonsoon. I'm staying at Ao Nang as recommanded by 1 of my friend that use to go there because he like snorkelling. Ao nang is one of the most famous island for tourist and from there we get a local ground trip to 5 island (inlcuded HONG Island, Chicken island and cant remember for another 3 island) and it only cost 870baht. I'm staying in Verendah budgeted hotel from 20th apr till 23 Apr and the total cost is abt RM150 for 3 days. Remember to bargin when ever you wan to buy things from them, because i have been success to bargin from 400bath to 250bath to buy a clothes for my mum.

You may surf some website for online booking hotel because believe can get cheaper rates and due to the low seasons frm May to Oct, the hotel rate is even cheaper.

So no worried with a budget of RM1K for this trip, i'm believe it should be more then enough unless you are a holistic shopper.hehehehe....

Enjoy your trip and remember 2 most important things

1) Bring sunblock and apply every 3-5 hrs to avoid sunburn, as the time i went there are super hot.
*In case you have having sunburn, try to go aloe vela massage aft sunburn because it really helps and works. Aloe vela able to cooling your skin.

2) Bargin before buying or you may visit others shops before decided to buy as you may get same items but cheaper price at others shop.

I'm not a good photographer but would like to share some photos that i have taken at there. Hope you dont mind my bad skills.

QUOTE(claran @ May 9 2008, 10:03 AM)
Planning to go Krabi as well this coming July/August. Haven't book my air ticket yet though. My concern is that whether krabi is going to rain frequently during this period (Like 4 days out of a week something like that). Cause i check from Thailand tourism website that this period is actually a rainy season for Krabi (May - December). Anyone had been there during this period who can share with us. If it gonna rain everyday , then it will be pointless to go there...

As for thing to do, i heard rock climbing is very popular in Krabi. (Outdoor rock climbing where you can enjoy magnificent view at the top). Should try that on.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
TSasiahost
post May 10 2008, 12:24 AM

Getting Started
189 posts

QUOTE(carolhyf @ May 9 2008, 11:45 AM)
I just came back from Krabi....i went there on 20 apr for 3 days 2 nite.  If i'm not mistaken frm May onwards till Oct is low seasons at there because it was the moonsoon.  I'm staying at Ao Nang as recommanded by 1 of my friend that use to go there because he like snorkelling.  Ao nang is one of the most famous island for tourist and from there we get a local ground trip to 5 island (inlcuded HONG Island, Chicken island and cant remember for another 3 island) and it only cost 870baht.  I'm staying in Verendah budgeted hotel from 20th apr till 23 Apr and the total cost is abt RM150 for 3 days.  Remember to bargin when ever you wan to buy things from them, because i have been success to bargin from 400bath to 250bath to buy a clothes for my mum.

You may surf some website for online booking hotel because believe can get cheaper rates and due to the low seasons frm May to Oct, the hotel rate is even cheaper.

So no worried with a budget of RM1K for this trip, i'm believe it should be more then enough unless you are a holistic shopper.hehehehe....

Enjoy your trip and remember 2 most important things

1) Bring sunblock and apply every 3-5 hrs to avoid sunburn, as the time i went there are super hot.
*In case you have having sunburn, try to go aloe vela massage aft sunburn because it really helps and works.  Aloe vela able to cooling your skin.

2) Bargin before buying or you may visit others shops before decided to buy as you may get same items but cheaper price at others shop.

I'm not a good photographer but would like to share some photos that i have taken at there. Hope you dont mind my bad skills.
THANKS!!!!!!!!

I just book a 4 days 3 nights trip to KRABI for the 4 of us. Will be staying in Maritime Park & Spa Resort. It is located at Thungfah Road Tumbol Paknam Muang Krabi. Is it near the town? Any nice stuff therE? Any one stay in this hotel before?
Putraskyline
post May 10 2008, 12:55 AM

Non-Regular
Group Icon
Elite
1,269 posts

QUOTE(asiahost @ May 10 2008, 12:24 AM)
THANKS!!!!!!!!

I just book a 4 days 3 nights trip to KRABI for the 4 of us. Will be staying in Maritime Park & Spa Resort. It is located at Thungfah Road Tumbol Paknam Muang Krabi. Is it near the town? Any nice stuff therE? Any one stay in this hotel before?
How Much you pay per night?
TSasiahost
post May 10 2008, 10:14 AM

Getting Started
189 posts

QUOTE(Putraskyline @ May 10 2008, 12:55 AM)
How Much you pay per night?
RM 1200++ for flights and hotels for 3 nights.
pretty.vain
post Jun 13 2008, 04:12 PM

44 posts

is there roaming services for hotlink over there in krabi?
Cas
post Jun 13 2008, 04:22 PM

Getting Started
262 posts

QUOTE(pretty.vain @ Jun 13 2008, 04:12 PM)
is there roaming services for hotlink over there in krabi?
I have maxis, didn't find a problem with the service when I was there last year.
sujend
post Jun 14 2008, 10:16 PM

On my way
627 posts

QUOTE(asiahost @ May 10 2008, 10:14 AM)
RM 1200++ for flights and hotels for 3 nights.
1200++ for 3 person or per person..just too curious
hamster9
post Jun 15 2008, 10:21 PM

CFP
2,251 posts

Just back from Krabi....

maxis ok ok only...I prefer celcom coz maxis always switch to DTZ and the service is so lousy.

rainy season there...

stayed in Koh Lanta... almost 3 hours from Krabi international Airport (taxi price 2300Bath)
im_bunny
post Jun 23 2008, 11:16 PM

Getting Started
100 posts

me also just book trip to Krabi 4d3n, staying at Pakasai Resort for july honeymoon......
air asia = RM850
hotel = RM770

for a total ka ching amount of RM1620..
stimix
post Jun 24 2008, 11:26 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

Hmnn Krabi... biggrin.gif ..My current longest road trip from KL (Feb 2007). Did my 3D2N stay in Krabi by driving from KL- Taipng (Overnite-mum in Law) -

Very interesting journey..started early at 4am from Taiping & reaching Changloon to buy the RM18 Thai car insurance & thereafter to the border stamped passport & filling-up temporary import permit (For car) & another 5 hr reaching Krabi via Hatyai (45min) >Patalung (~1hr) > Trang (1hr) > Krabi (1.5hr)....pheww...interesting journey esp stopped in the middle of Trang town and having Dim sum breakfast in a local crowded restaurants & no of the workers can speak chinese or even English - hand languarge!! Lucky the worker call for the boss (Chinese) & save my day... biggrin.gif -

Overall it's 100% toll free highway from BKH all the way to Trang!! At Trang, I probably taken a wrong turn - (my GPS asking me to take -kg road which is shorter but going thru Thai Southern village road instead of Highway no 4! - Nevertherless reach the hotel as guided by GPS thumbup.gif

By driving, I managed to cover more places than taking plane such as visiting Krabi town, going to their Pasar Malam, rounding the whole town, driving from one end of AOnang Beach to another, visiting the Tiger Temple, visiting Fossil beach & etc. without the burded from the pricey taxi rate....

I only bought the 4 island tour package on 2nd day & it's covered Chicken Island, Poda Island, Tub island & mainland Railey/Phranang bay.

I am actually thinking of 2nd driving trip to Ko Samui but too bad the price hike spoil everything...sumore the petrol price in Thailand now reaching RM4.50!! rclxub.gif

areankim
post Jun 27 2008, 03:51 PM

"Live Life Cool"
3,697 posts

plan to go krabi also..... cant get a 1k budget one ar? all so exp mer?
lawsh
post Jun 27 2008, 03:58 PM

Cikurity
6,785 posts

QUOTE(areankim @ Jun 27 2008, 03:51 PM)
plan to go krabi also..... cant get a 1k budget one ar? all so exp mer?
put it this way, the things there are not really cheap, eating wise its basically the same price as any thai restaurant in KL, buy things also same like pasar malam some are even more expensive eg shirts and those other normal souvenirs

BUT island hopping is cheaper compared to malaysian island hopping, bargain with number of people and you may get a very good price.

personal opinion, nothing much unless you wanna go island hopping (at a cheaper price), like to take spicy tomyam, see more gwai lo than asians on the beach, massages
stimix
post Jun 27 2008, 04:46 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

Yeah Nothing is cheap in Krabi. A simple fried rice or Padthai will cost you >RM7 avg (RM10). The only thing worth there is as said..Island hopping + watching braless girls/old ladies lying or playing on the beach. Do bring your super-zoom camera if possible.. drool.gif
Xziled
post Jun 27 2008, 08:09 PM

Assasin CrossX
602 posts

i also going there in Jan 2009.
But i haven't book any accomodation yet as i'm trying to find chalets as there r around 8 ppl going. Any suggestions?
And which place to stay?
I was hoping to go Phuket also, i think i read in 1 thread saying to take taxi there only 1 hour? is it true?
Btw, is there any guides/tours when touched down at the airport? for island hopping? xD
vyruz
post Jul 29 2008, 10:54 AM

Photographer
1,082 posts

QUOTE(Xziled @ Jun 27 2008, 08:09 PM)
i also going there in Jan 2009.
But i haven't book any accomodation yet as i'm trying to find chalets as there r around 8 ppl going. Any suggestions?
And which place to stay?
I was hoping to go Phuket also, i think i read in 1 thread saying to take taxi there only 1 hour? is it true?
Btw, is there any guides/tours when touched down at the airport? for island hopping? xD
Just got back from Krabi 2 weeks back. You should stay in Pakasai Resort, located at Ao Nang beach. You'll get everything at that area, including ferry transfer service to Phi Phi and Phuket if you want (Alternatively, you can take a cab or rent-a-car to Phuket). It is about 2-3 hours from krabi to phuket.

Back to Pakasai; I stayed in a Superior room, but its spacious (the drawback is, no lift). The staff there speak fairly well English (which is important), and the service is great.

There are no chalets but bungalows. You can try Krabi Resort. (I've not stayed there, but it look nice from the outside).
Xziled
post Aug 15 2008, 03:12 PM

Assasin CrossX
602 posts

Hi there!

Was hoping that those who have been to Krabi can give me some tips or advice on a few things. A bunch of us around 7ppl will be going to Krabi in Jan 2009.
So i'm looking for a place to stay preferably a chalet or a place which can fit a lot of ppl together because getting a room on a twin-basis sharing would be very troublesome as there r so many of us. Also, it is my 1st time going there so i'm not familiar with the place as to where to stay because i did some research and there r few islands to go to but we will be there 5D/4N and i read somewhere that it would be too long to just stay at Krabi. So i was planning to go to either Phuket or Bangkok for the remaining days around 2 days?

1. Can anyone suggest a place to stay eg.chalet. Budget not too expensive but one of my friends dowan it to be "dirty area" (eg. spirits and all) + near the beach and maybe the city to do some night market shopping rclxm9.gif

2. What mode of transportation to go to Phuket or Bangkok from Krabi? and maybe estimation of the cost of travel and maybe the hours of travelling? notworthy.gif

3. If i dun pre-book a guide before i reach Krabi..is there any local guides which will be around so can negotiate with them to bring us snorkeling and all?

Maybe a cost budgeting would also help us. TQ! notworthy.gif

135 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0284sec    0.40    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:20 PM