Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The Price charges for Freelance copywriting?

views

theaspirant
post Dec 13 2018, 06:10 PM

3 posts

It really depends. “it depends” is indeed a very vague answer, but that is the nature of the copywriting business. The size, technicality and timeline of the project and the copywriter’s quality of work are among the key factors that will influence the pricing.

For example, copywriting for a 16-page brochure will certainly cost more than for instance, an A4 flyer. And a 4-page brochure delivered within 24 hours will cost more than a 16-page brochure delivered in 5 business days, for instance, kind of like paying a premium for FedEx over normal postage.

I can however tell you with certainty that the MAIN and biggest factor influencing the price is the level of experience of the copywriter (which translates into the quality of work you will receive). If you consider the job important (for example it’s an ad that will be viewed by thousands of people), I advise engaging professionals. Nothing less.

Experienced professionals will usually provide you a quotation after understanding your project and what you want. In other words, they charge by project basis. That way, they avoid under-charging, and you avoid being over-charged as well. Meaning you pay for the exact value of service you will get, and these professionals will see through the whole project until the end with you.

With that said, here are some examples for perspective. I’ve seen copywriters write headlines for free as part of the per-word job they take on. I on the other hand, charge a minimum of RM200 per headline. I have also met those incredibly in-demand copywriters who will not entertain any headline requests for anything less than RM1000 per headline. Such is the range of pricing you will find when looking for copywriting services.

So it really depends. And if you have read until this point, you already know that I too am a professional copywriter. Send me a PM if you’ve got a project and are open to collaborate. I’ll provide a competitive quote of course. Cheers.

user posted image

This post has been edited by theaspirant: May 1 2019, 03:24 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0130sec    0.56    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:17 PM